Satu'li Canteen Recommendations

I should have asked before-does anyone have any specific recommendations of things on the kids menu for adults with a small appetite? Don't they have bowls for kids? If so, how are they?

I had the beef with the kale base and chimichurri and it was delicious. SO fresh and light, and really tasty!

Can I use a Disney adult QS credit to pay for the kids hot dog meal?

I want to try this restaurant on our next trip, but I’m sure my 16 year old will want the hot dog kid meal!

Can I use a Disney adult QS credit to pay for the kids hot dog meal?

I want to try this restaurant on our next trip, but I’m sure my 16 year old will want the hot dog kid meal!
QS credits are not split by child/adult, so you can use either credit to purchase either meal.

When talking about places to eat at Animal Kingdom, my spouse seemed to be drawn to this place, but I'm a little uncertain, myself. The cheeseburger pods seem like a good alternative for me since I can be a bit picky, but are there any combinations in the bowls that would be good for someone who isn't super into health-food? The beef looks really good from the pictures, but I'm not sure about sauces and bases.

When talking about places to eat at Animal Kingdom, my spouse seemed to be drawn to this place, but I'm a little uncertain, myself. The cheeseburger pods seem like a good alternative for me since I can be a bit picky, but are there any combinations in the bowls that would be good for someone who isn't super into health-food? The beef looks really good from the pictures, but I'm not sure about sauces and bases.
I'm not into health food, as you can see in my avatar.

The beef, sweet potato hash, creamy dressing has been my favorite combo. It was like potato heaven.

I wouldn't say Satu'li is "health food" really, it's just not fried and/or cheesy. If you like beef or chicken, and you like potatoes or grains, you should be good to go. It's just lighter fare than, say, a cheeseburger and fries while still being filling.

I got the cheeseburger pods. They do taste like McDonald's hamburgers, which I like so I liked them. Dh got the beef bowl with the rice and the creamy herb dressing. It was really good too. I also tried a bite of my daughter's hotdog. It was basically a crescent roll with a hot dog in it. It was good. We split the blueberry dessert, which was good as well. I was hesitant to try this because it was a little bit different for us. We all really liked it.

So we are definitely eating here on our Oct trip. We tried the cheeseburger pods our last trip and loved them, but we all want to try a bowl this time. I'm not sure which base I want, though...touring plans is the only site I've found that actually describes the bases. The choices are: Rice & Black Beans, Red & Sweet Potato Hash, Mixed Whole Grain & Rice, or Hearty Salad.

I'm torn between the first 3...do any of them include onions or green peppers? I'm thinking the hash might...and then I assume the mixed whole grain & rice is the quinoa & rice? Rice & black beans sounds self explanatory...I can eat cooked onions, but I'm not a fan of a lot of them especially with green bell peppers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter