Satu'li Canteen Recommendations

My potato hash with beef was wonderful. In fact, I am craving it something awful today. We used the mobile ordering and right as the lunch rush started. I clicked I am here once the restaurant was in site and by the time we were in the door, I got the notice my food was ready. Within 3 minutes of walking in the doors, we were at our table with our food.

Are they just as “liberal” about adults ordering from the kids menu as other places? As a senior with a small appetite, I often order kids meals at WDW and I hope I can there (also, I usually travel solo and have no one to share with)

I've never had a problem at Disney at all, some report they they have been charged the adult price before when ordering a kids meal (I actually don't care if they want to charge me more, I just hate wasting the food so I'd still order the kids' portion). If you have a smart phone and can do mobile ordering, that's one way to do it since there's no one to give us grief for ordering of the kids' menu. Just as an FYI, another thing you can ask about is ordering something as a "side" instead of getting a full meal of something (as an example I often just order a side of scrambled eggs for breakfast).

I love Satuli Canteen! I love everything about the restaurant, especially the food.
My first time there, I ordered the beef with quinoa salad and creamy herb dressing. I was disappointed in this one I must admit. There was minimal quinoa and the creamy herb dressing was too much. My second visit was much better. I got the chicken with potato hash with chimichurri sauce and O.M.G.! The chicken there is amazing (and when you walk in to order, you can watch them cooking the chicken). The potatoes were soooo good. The sauce again was overwhelming, so I agree - order it on the side, but it was still the best QS meal I've ever eaten. The blueberry dessert is also just heavenly! Mmmm. Now I'm craving that potato hash!

I returned yesterday from a trip with 300 high school seniors , and my favorite my of the week was the Satu’li Canteen. I had the chicken/steak combo with rice and onion vinaigrette. It was incredible. I did not find the sauce overpowering. The desserts were beautiful and not overly sweet, which I really enjoyed. Between the other teachers at the table, I tried the hash base, rice/beans, and kale with tofu. Everything was great. This was certainly the best quick service meal, and we enjoyed the real flatware and plates!9EB7CEE4-824F-4AE1-B951-AB5BC91B9404.jpeg B9B3456C-5303-45EF-B594-66D7B41B4CF1.jpeg 01D10D1B-8BB3-416F-AA1B-8F29A20D3C66.jpeg

Are they just as “liberal” about adults ordering from the kids menu as other places? As a senior with a small appetite, I often order kids meals at WDW and I hope I can there (also, I usually travel solo and have no one to share with)

I've ordered the kid's hot dog meal every time I've been there & I am a solo traveler. Not a peep. I have never had any counter service place say anything about me ordering a kids meal.

Dont know if anyone has mentioned it yet....didnt go through all of the posts....but they replaced quinoa with rice and beans. im happy about the change as I cant stand quinao. I prefer rice. :)

This place has awesome food. I've had the chicken/potato bowl with herb dressing. OH MY GOODNESS ITS DELISH!!!!!!!!!!!! :cloud9: it was easily one of my fave meals on the trip, and my fave QS restaurant hands down. The blue dessert was amazing too.

If you are hungry but not starved, the Cheese Quesadillas are sooooo good ! I order them for the kids -- served with veggie chips, grapes, and bottled water - for $5.99 can't beat it - I always try to get one for myself, (I usually order the chicken bowl) , but they end up eating mine too !

That beef looks great to me but Im wondering if the beef and potatos will be good with the herb sauce?
The chicken and rice look good to tho... AHHH decisions...lol
I've eaten there 4 times and I'm going back in May. The beef with potato hash and herb sauce is awesome! Get both desserts- don't share! I did a solo trip in October and the not sharing at Satu li was my favorite part!

Attachments

• Satu li copy.jpg
    Satu li copy.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 32
I've eaten there 4 times and I'm going back in May. The beef with potato hash and herb sauce is awesome! Get both desserts- don't share! I did a solo trip in October and the not sharing at Satu li was my favorite part!
Thank you so much for answering me and the pic!! It's perfect in sold on the potato hash and beef with herb sauce (on the side)

I've planned this place for dinner on our next trip. Everything sounds so good and the pictures look delicious!!! I'm so excited, I can't wait!! And I have a feeling I won't want to share that dessert!

Does anyone know if you can order the Cheeseburger pods without the pickles?
I've read on here that it's all premixed together. So no customization allowed. People have mentioned that it is all well mixed, so you generally don't get a strong pickle flavour. This is all second hand info.

I've had the fish and the beef bowl with the sweet potato hash and the creamy dressing. I've tried both desserts.

I preferred the beef and the chocolate dessert is my favorite on property.

It is the one place everyone agrees on when we go that is a must do.

Everyone else prefers the blueberry dessert.

Granddaughter still raves about the cheeseburger pods.

Does anyone know if you can order the Cheeseburger pods without the pickles?

The pickles are mixed in with the filling (beef, mustard, ketchup) so there's no way to separate them. If it helps, pickles are my husband's most-hated food, but he loves the pods and can't taste the pickle. I kind of get that, because i dislike ketchup but also can't really discern it in the pods. It's like everything is so mixed together it just tastes like seasoned beef.

If you want to try one on the cheap to see if you can get over the pickle, the kids meal includes one pod instead of two, as well as a drink and side, and is cheaper than the adult meal that has 2 pods. Ordering a kids meal is not an issue - DH and i ordered the kids quesadilla and hot dog as well as the pods. :) everything was delicious.

So far I've enjoyed the tofu and the chicken, both with sweet potato hash and chimichurri (which they have renamed to green onion sauce or something like that).

I haven't tried the beef, because it looks like it's medium rare. Does anyone know if it can be ordered well done?

Yes, adults can order from the kids' menu.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter