Saturday, In the Park - I Think it was the Fourth of July… Wrapping it Up 6/26

I thought I posted:confused3 OK, I am definitely losing it.

Totally agree V. It's almost like they get a Chef that can do AMAZING thing and they either move them to another restaurant or the Chef leaves fro greener pastures:sad2:

P.S. I have Dole on Speed dial for you all:goodvibes

I was watching Robert Irvine's show on the Food Channel.
He was at WDW last February, doing a show for the Volunteers,
(Disney's newest promotion, that ended as soon as it started.
Anyway, he went to a building near Epcot and said "this is where all the desserts are made." That didn't surprise me.
But now I am imagining all appetizers, salads, entre's being made in a central building, shipped over to each resturant, food stand, CS place.
I know it isn't, but like you said, the food is becoming the same in every place. Nothing is standing out as unique anymore.

You should try some places in the Swan/Dolphin. We ate at the MarketPlace, that boasts, organic fresh food. We had breakfast there, and we were pleasantly surprised, and I am not a big breakfast person either.

Wow, where is everyone? Was my last update that lame?! :rotfl:

Sorry! :blush: Momma's busy packing! 6 more sleeps!!!! :banana:

To be totally honest, WDW food rocks in comparison to DLR, so I can't really complain. My biggest issue is all the hype about certain places, and then when I go, it's just - meh.

Take for instance Coral Reef... great atmosphere, craptastic food. Le Cellier - great atmosphere....craptastic food, again. The list goes on and on...but I'll pay for craptastic food at certain places just for the atmosphere/experience. Take Chef Mickey's & Sci-Fi - I'll pay for crappy food at both places because, well...because eating at both places is pretty cool, in my book. :thumbsup2

And dudes, Tambu better WATCH OUT!! pirate:

I saw the pineapples growing in The Land. They have no excuses this year.
But - are they full-grown or those puny, stumpy ones we keep getting?! :rotfl:

Totally agree V. It's almost like they get a Chef that can do AMAZING thing and they either move them to another restaurant or the Chef leaves fro greener pastures:sad2:
::yes:: It's weird, isn't it? Had they never had spectacular, award-winning food, I'd have rolled along perfectly content in the knowledge that WDW isn't about yummy meals. But this has been like a bait and switch! :sad2:

P.S. I have Dole on Speed dial for you all:goodvibes
:rotfl2:

But now I am imagining all appetizers, salads, entre's being made in a central building, shipped over to each resturant, food stand, CS place.
I know it isn't...
OH, this! ^^^ I read somewhere on the DIS, recently, that quite a bit of WDW food is mass produced in a central kitchen and brought to the various restaurants! That would explain a LOT.
You should try some places in the Swan/Dolphin. We ate at the MarketPlace, that boasts, organic fresh food. We had breakfast there, and we were pleasantly surprised, and I am not a big breakfast person either.
You've got me - this sounds fabulous! I'm gonna take a look now - thank you! :thumbsup2

Wooo hoooty!!! :banana: It's all good, T!

To be totally honest, WDW food rocks in comparison to DLR, so I can't really complain.
Really?! I always envisioned the opposite, for some reason.

Take for instance Coral Reef... great atmosphere, craptastic food
Agreed. Plus, iffy service.
Le Cellier - great atmosphere....craptastic food, again.
I confess, my Le Cellier steak was terrific, but still not worth the price.

You know one of the servers there knows me by sight at this point, right?! :lmao:

Caught up!

Leo's going to love the pool at YC.

Totally agree about the food. I can't think of 1 restaurant in MK that we really like. The counter services are all Blah.

We like Earl's and Puck Express at DTD. In Epcot, dh and I usually eat at the CS in Japan, but my kids don't like it. They do like China's cs. Last time we picked them up food in China and walked over to Japan with it.

We just got back 2 weeks ago and I was disappointed in Chef Mickey's and Boma. California Grill was good.

To be totally honest, WDW food rocks in comparison to DLR, so I can't really complain. My biggest issue is all the hype about certain places, and then when I go, it's just - meh.

Take for instance Coral Reef... great atmosphere, craptastic food. Le Cellier - great atmosphere....craptastic food, again. The list goes on and on...but I'll pay for craptastic food at certain places just for the atmosphere/experience. Take Chef Mickey's & Sci-Fi - I'll pay for crappy food at both places because, well...because eating at both places is pretty cool, in my book. :thumbsup2

I completely agree with you DM....DLR food is really bad compared to WDW....

We've had so many fantastic meals followed by yucky ones! The main was LeCellier, we had the most gorgeous steak there in 2007 so when I was booking the 2008 ADR's David insisted we ate there twice and both times it was not good! Narcoossee's was superb in 2008 but then last December was only OK :sad2:

We've had so many fantastic meals followed by yucky ones! The main was LeCellier, we had the most gorgeous steak there in 2007 so when I was booking the 2008 ADR's David insisted we ate there twice and both times it was not good! Narcoossee's was superb in 2008 but then last December was only OK :sad2:

Ugh - I'm going into Narcoossee's with fairly low expectations. I mostly booked there because we like the setting so much. I'll just stick with an appetizer and a glass of wine, lol!

As of now, I am officially ON VACATION!!!!!!!
:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

But.

I am not yet in Disney World.

We’re doing something a little different this trip; vacation starts several days before the Disney trip, and ends several days after Disney. Initially, this was an accidental situation – I was just trying to use my DVC points efficiently and that meant coming home on a Friday, leaving a weekend open before returning to work. But the more I thought about the providential accident, the more I liked it. And the more I thought some vacation time prior to Disney might be nice, too. So I took a couple more days off from work, added in a weekend and… voila! Here I am, with plenty of time to not only get things done for the trip, but also lots of free time to go to the beach, see a movie, and catch up on things around the house long neglected.

~ There’s surprisingly little to put in order for Disney, though. I did do a little shopping for summer clothes, only because last year’s T-shirts and shorts are looking pretty ragged. (Remember, summer in Florida runs mid-April through November. Our “summer clothes” take a beating!) Ditto that for some of our swimsuits, so I got a couple of those, too. But that’s all taken care of and merely awaiting packing into suitcases. Special thanks to Old Navy and Lands’ End, proud (I’m sure) suppliers of V’s and Leo’s Disney World Expedition 2010.

~ I completed online check-in for both resorts this week. I still don’t think there’s much benefit to this, but it helps pass the time before a trip. I also looked through some menus and got a rough idea of what I’m likely to spend on food. I’ve been making some touring plans through Ridemax… knowing full-well that we’re likely to ditch the Plans and wing it anyway. It’s another of those “helps to pass the time” activities. ;)

~ Also in the spirit of Getting Ready for Disney, I’ve been working my tush off. Literally. I hope. :rolleyes:

Last summer, I’d been working out hard for months before and I’ve never felt so good, physically and mentally, on a trip. What a difference eating well and being in great shape meant! I wasn’t exhausted by a morning of walking; I could keep up with Leo in the pool; my asthma was completely under control; and I felt confident walking around the pool, clad only in a swimsuit. It was great!

Sadly, I slacked off a lot this winter. I had a bunch going on with home, work and medical issues and, in all honesty, when I most needed to stay healthy and active… I became a slug. I’m not proud, but there it is.

I managed to get it together and start getting back in shape a couple months ago, though. If you’ve seen my Tweets over that time, you’ll know I’ve been working HARD. 45 minutes to an hour every day; one rest day a week. Wii Active (with its Sadistic Wii Trainer – she hates me!), yoga, running, Tae Bo, ballet. A protein and veggie-rich diet, low calories and little junk. I’ve lost an inch off my arms and thighs and love how my shoulders and back are starting to look. I have a ton of energy (relatively speaking – I am raising an eight year old…) and don’t seem to get sick so often.

And yet.

The damn scale hasn’t budged more than two pounds.

AAARRRRGGGHHH!!!! :headache:

I expressed my frustration about the situation to my Dr. last week. I told her how hard I’ve been working and how great I feel. I explained how I want to rip my scale into fifty-six pieces every morning when it smugly shows no change.

She just looked at me.

And I looked at her. What was she trying to say?

Dr.: “V – how old are you?”
V: “Almost 40.”

And she looked at me again.

WHAT?!?! What was she trying to say? Spit it out woman!

:idea:

Oooooooohhhhh…

V: “Crap! So, this is it?! Give it up, because this is as good as it gets from here on out?!”

My Dr. went on to explain that I need to stop worrying about the numbers and focus on the good I’m doing for myself. That my blood pressure’s better, I’m fighting back against any potential osteoporosis and I’m keeping my hereditarily-challenged heart in peak shape. She pointed out that it’s unrealistic to expect my 40-year-old self to weigh the same as my 20-year-old self.

So, yeah – this is as good as it gets from here on out.

And so I’ll go to WDW knowing I’m doing all I can to be healthy and I’ll reap the rewards in sticking around to be mom to Leo for many more years to come. And I’ll enjoy feeling toned and strong as we hike our way around The World.

But. I’m on a mission post-Disney trip. I’m determined to prove the good Dr. wrong. I’m certain that this isn’t as good as it gets. Pffffft. :thumbsup2

~ Wrapping up this random list of trip preparations, I have one last item on which to work. I’ve got a DIY Owner’s Locker going. Do you know about Owner’s Lockers? Neat little business. You can pack their purple boxes full of stuff needed at Disney and they’ll keep them for you in Orlando, sending them to your hotel when you arrive for a trip.

Know where Orlando is?
Florida.
Know where I live?
Florida.

I can’t rationalize paying someone to keep a box for me… just over an hour from home.

So I’m making my own box. I can keep some things we only use at Disney in there, as well as items used when traveling by car, but not used in daily life. I can add some things to it when readying for a trip. I mostly see it as storage for all those miscellaneous bits I usually stuff among the clothes in a suitcase, only to forget about them and find them months or years later. (NOsouvenirs from Paris, 2006.) So far, my box contains 14 personal-size US flags, a small bottle of laundry detergent, a power strip, a roll of paper towels, a lint roller and a book light. We’ll see just what it comes home with.

And that’s about it. From here on out, you can find me on Twitter at www.twitter.com/vsfuzzyworld. I’ve been saving my monthly data allotment for the trp, so I can tweet plenty! :teeth:

Thanks for coming along on this pre-trip journey; I hope you’ll join me again for the post-trip report! See ya real soon…

V, I hope you have a wonderful trip (and a nice free weekend first!) :goodvibes

You're also inspiring me - I've slacked off some too this early summer, and I need to NOT slide like I did last summer. (Oddly, for me, winter is much easier to exercise and stay in shape - think it has something to do with those short people who have to be entertained. :rotfl2:)

Can't wait to hear more about it! Give all the girls a hug from me (and make them give you one, too!) :hug:

Have a great vacation V!

I hate the backsliding during winter and trying to regain the lost progress. My wife had the exact same discussion, almost word for word, with her doctor a year or so ago. But how do the celebs do it? I think working out is their job.

Girl, puh-leeze! You look fabulous..almost 40 or not! In fact you look better than most 20 year olds!

I'm in the same, (but much larger) boat. :lmao: I workout hard core, and don't lose a damn pound. My "number" stays the same, but my body takes on a different shape. Except this spring, I didn't work so hard, so my shape is currently round and blobby. :blush: :rotfl2:

Anyway, enjoy your weekend relaxing with Leo and guess what??!!

See you in a few days!!!!
:banana::banana::dance3::yay::woohoo:

(Oddly, for me, winter is much easier to exercise and stay in shape - think it has something to do with those short people who have to be entertained. :rotfl2:)
:rotfl: I think I do best in Spring and Fall... the cold weather makes me want to eat a lot of stew and hide under a Snuggie, and the latter part of summer's heat just sucks all motivation for anything out of me!
Can't wait to hear more about it! Give all the girls a hug from me (and make them give you one, too!) :hug:
:hug: Will do - we'll miss you!

Have a great vacation V!
Thank you!
My wife had the exact same discussion, almost word for word, with her doctor a year or so ago. But how do the celebs do it? I think working out is their job.
Give her a hug from me - I know her pain! :hug: No joke, I came home that day to a magazine announcing "Jen Aniston, Fabulous at Forty!" and I thought, gee whiz - how "fabulous: would we all be if we could work out for hours every day and have a personal chef prepare our meals?!

Girl, puh-leeze! You look fabulous..almost 40 or not! In fact you look better than most 20 year olds!
Can I please bring you home with me?! :hug:
My "number" stays the same, but my body takes on a different shape.
Isn't it weird? It seems to defy physics, which comepletely befuddles me. :confused:
Except this spring, I didn't work so hard, so my shape is currently round and blobby. :blush: :rotfl2:
:rotfl: I seriously doubt that, T!
See you in a few days!!!!
:banana::banana::dance3::yay::woohoo
YES!!! :banana::banana::banana:

V, you should be SO PROUD of yourself for the good you are doing for your body. I'm 20, and trust me, the scale number decreasing doesn't feel as good when you blow it going out with your girlfriends all the time. I can cut weight easy enough when I need to, but sticking to a plan like you are doing? My god, it seems like Mount Everest would be easier to keep up with! So seriously, I envy your determination!

I am following you on Twitter and I can't wait to see updates about your trip! Safe travels and I can't wait to read the TR!

You're a beast V!!!!!!! Great discipline. I don't know how you guys do it--parenting and taking care of yourself...Kudos to you.

OMG, you have a pre trip report! I had no idea. GAWD, I need to get on more often.

I can't believe how big Leo is getting, he is a little man now. He is so handsome. I think he was 5 when I first met him!

OK I hear you on gnocchi being heavy, but I love gnocchi and probably would have ordered it too.

Hmmm FW, I keep saying I need to head over there to explore as I have been there once for HDDR in 1998. Yeah it's been a while. Though I will pass on the archery, don't want to take anyone's eye out, especially mine;)

Murph and I are talking about a Mother's day trip next year. I am going to let her pick the resort. So no resort roulette for me. You heard it hear first.

I hope all of you have a wonderful trip that includes lots of pool:30:yay:

Looking forward to your report after you return!

V, you should be SO PROUD of yourself for the good you are doing for your body.
:hug: Thank you! It's sure not easy, but so worth it.

You're a beast V!!!!!!! Great discipline. I don't know how you guys do it--parenting and taking care of yourself...Kudos to you.
Oh it's easy... I can either be healthy or have a social life! :rotfl2: It's getting easier to fit in as leo gets older at least.

I can't believe how big Leo is getting, he is a little man now. He is so handsome. I think he was 5 when I first met him!
He was!
OK I hear you on gnocchi being heavy, but I love gnocchi and probably would have ordered it too.
Gnocchi's hard to resist! ::yes::
Murph and I are talking about a Mother's day trip next year. I am going to let her pick the resort. So no resort roulette for me. You heard it hear first.
:eek:
I hope all of you have a wonderful trip that includes lots of pool:30:yay:
Thanks Mo - I hope so! :hug:

Holy HOLSTEIN! I've finally gotten caught up, and just before you leave!!

Here's hoping for a great time, good weather, and lots of relaxing by the pool!!

Can't wait to ready the scoop, when you get back.......

:3dglasses

V you look awesome, you always have, don't worry about numbers except those on your clothes labels :rotfl:

Have a great time and I know CE has already said but give everyone a great big hug from me too please :grouphug: Wish I could be there but I know you guys will have a ton of fun like you always do :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter