Saw on TV last Night: John and Kate + 8 at WDW

I love Jon and Kate plus 8, and love love love this episode. I actually recorded it, so I can watch it whenever I want, although I've also bought some other DVD's just because they had Disney in them. I'm only a little obsessed:rotfl:

They manage by "selling" their lives and childrens' lives to a reality t.v. show. Bascially they get a ton of stuff for free - she got her tummy tuck for free and they got their van for free amongst tons of other stuff. They also get paid a good amount of money for the reality t.v. show. When they first started the show you can tell they were struggling, now they bought a much bigger house, she has help - I believe a nanny and/or someone that cleans the house, he works from home and on every other show they are going on vacation.

Wow... are we a little jealous? I can't believe that ppl. can't just be happy for others.

I think the community board thread is perhaps a more suitable place for this discussion, however, I would add that unless someone here has sextuplets and twins, we probably don't have a clue about the stress level (Oh, and the reason for the mickey ears is that "Mickey" specifically requested the whole family wear their ears for breakfast in his note to them; you see that part when they get to their rooms at WL; and the 8 year olds you mention were 6 at the time)

I agree completely. I have only 2 kids, and trust me there are times that I "freak out." My 6 year old son, who for the most part is a great very responsable and behaved kid, also has his moments of attitude. Yes, Maddie is more dramatic than most 6 y/o's- but did you grow up with 7 brothers and sisters? I didn't.

kidding right? shes got to be the luckiest parent in the world. how many moms out there dont work and get as many nannies and helpers as she does? do you know she doesnt cook? they have a personal chef prepare their meals all they have to do is heat up. she has maids that come in to keep the house neat. she even has a woman come in to fold her laundry for her.
i think she has it made, and its sad she cant even enjoy it.

btw, my husband is the oldest of 13. his mom had 2 sets of twins and most of them are less than a year apart. she never even had babysitters(could you imagine the cost:scared: ). she was never institutionalized:rotfl:

Hmmm... I'm thinking you should get your facts straight, because almost everything you posted is a lie. Not to mention the fact that I'm not sure the "luckiest parent" in the world quite fits. Since you don't seem to know much about them, I'll let you know that Kate was a nurse before becoming a SAH mom, and I'm guessing there's times that she really misses being able to that as well. I only have 2 kiddos, and I love them to death, but I love my career as well, and I can't imagine having to be home every day with 8 kids. I know, I know, I'm sure that makes me a horrible mom in your eyes.

Hmmm... I'm thinking you should get your facts straight, because almost everything you posted is a lie. Not to mention the fact that I'm not sure the "luckiest parent" in the world quite fits. Since you don't seem to know much about them, I'll let you know that Kate was a nurse before becoming a SAH mom, and I'm guessing there's times that she really misses being able to that as well. I only have 2 kiddos, and I love them to death, but I love my career as well, and I can't imagine having to be home every day with 8 kids. I know, I know, I'm sure that makes me a horrible mom in your eyes.

assume much?

I don't usually watch Jon & Kate - but I did last night so I could get my Disney fix in ! I have to turn the channel when she melts down about the ice cream with the princesses though. I can't stand to watch her get so upset when she's having such a magical moment. (My girls spilled their ice cream all over their princess dresses at Epcot - we just wiped it up and laughed about it.)
im 43 and generaly wear my ice cream! who cares, im just savin some for later!:thumbsup2

From Jon and Kate's website -

I read somewhere that you have a private chef—is that true?

Yes, her name is Kate and thank you for respectfully referring to me as a “private chef”!!! Okay, seriously now, on filming days, we have what is known (in the world of TV) as “craft services” which is a meal delivered on set for the cast and crew. And on busy shoot days, that is what we have delivered here in organic fashion…and thank God for that! It allows me to peel myself out of the kitchen to do outings or interviews for the show without compromising my families’ nutrition. On the other days, I am in my kitchen cooking…where I most love to be!

I think everyone is way too hard on Kate. She is obviously a Type A personality, as many of us are. She wants everything to be perfect and she can't help that. He kids are adorable, always look precious, and seem to get individual attention. I cannot imagine having 8. I do everything I can to make life wonderful for my 2 and I still lose my patience sometimes. I would hope she has some help. I think we all could use help around the house, cooking, etc. in order to spend quality time with our kids. I guess I don't understand why people think Kate is so bad. Give her a break!

Thank you!

From Jon and Kate's website -

I read somewhere that you have a private chef—is that true?

Yes, her name is Kate and thank you for respectfully referring to me as a “private chef”!!! Okay, seriously now, on filming days, we have what is known (in the world of TV) as “craft services” which is a meal delivered on set for the cast and crew. And on busy shoot days, that is what we have delivered here in organic fashion…and thank God for that! It allows me to peel myself out of the kitchen to do outings or interviews for the show without compromising my families’ nutrition. On the other days, I am in my kitchen cooking…where I most love to be!

she has craft services, or her chef cook for them 4-5 days a week. you may not want to believe it, but its true. the meals are delivered and all she has to do is heat them up. which is exactly what i said in my post.
ive got to say, im surprised she states she loves to cook. ive never gotten that feeling from her:confused3

from someone that knows her...yes she does have maids,a chef and many people who assist her in her daily life.yes some of these people were people they already knew, some were people who found her when she gave birth(the hospital det her up with help) and some are people who they have found through the show. they dont put everything on tv. remember that they are only filming a couple days a week for a couple hours a day.
the producers dont need to edit her, this *is*her.

brad..i completely agree that you cant let in to your childs every whim. but they were mickey mouse ears. who cares if none of the other kids wanted to wear them. they are mickey mouse ears. it comes down to she thought they were cute and she wanted her kids to look cute. well come one, your kids cant always be perfect. they were just mickey mouse ears!!!

her children are not autistic.

she has craft services, or her chef cook for them 4-5 days a week. you may not want to believe it, but its true. the meals are delivered and all she has to do is heat them up. which is exactly what i said in my post.
ive got to say, im surprised she states she loves to cook. ive never gotten that feeling from her:confused3

i cant watch that episode. i want to just jump through the screen and smack her.
and not even just for the spilled icecream, that i almost get even though she took it too far.
the part that gets me is when she makes maddy wear the ears when the poor girl obviously doesnt want to. i mean geesh, what a way to start a morning, let the kid be!!

kidding right? shes got to be the luckiest parent in the world. how many moms out there dont work and get as many nannies and helpers as she does? do you know she doesnt cook? they have a personal chef prepare their meals all they have to do is heat up. she has maids that come in to keep the house neat. she even has a woman come in to fold her laundry for her.
i think she has it made, and its sad she cant even enjoy it.

btw, my husband is the oldest of 13. his mom had 2 sets of twins and most of them are less than a year apart. she never even had babysitters(could you imagine the cost:scared: ). she was never institutionalized:rotfl:

Does anyone else find it a bit weird that the poster who "knows them" is also the poster making the most malicious statements about them??

When I realized I had mis-spoke in my thread and stated Maddie had symptoms of autism, when I meant to say that she had symptoms similar to autism and was corrected by someone who knows them, I honestly felt very bad. I did not mean to hurt anyone.

But, when I look back through these posts made by i'mthatgirl, I have to say, the comments do not make sense..are you sticking up for them or are you bad mouthing them?? I am not trying to start a fight, I am just very confused??

Does anyone else find it a bit weird that the poster who "knows them" is also the poster making the most malicious statements about them??

When I realized I had mis-spoke in my thread and stated Maddie had symptoms of autism, when I meant to say that she had symptoms similar to autism and was corrected by someone who knows them, I honestly felt very bad. I did not mean to hurt anyone.

But, when I look back through these posts made by i'mthatgirl, I have to say, the comments do not make sense..are you sticking up for them or are you bad mouthing them?? I am not trying to start a fight, I am just very confused??

I agree, and I'd be interested on how he/she says he/she knows them... it just doesn't seem to add up.

I was on the set for Hairspray for 3 and a half months and other sets and craft service is either a portable truck that has a kitchen in it where they can make whatever you want to eat or they use a hall or building with kitchen areas that you go to too eat, the craft service would not make them food on days of not filming unless that is put in thier contract. A craft service like someone said is for the crew and the cast. My old boss had her parrot in the show Darcy's wild Life and when they were not filming the craft service was there for them. Craft service is ALOT different then a personal chef.... John travolta on the set of hairspray had his personal chef in Toronto to cook for all of us but other then lunch and dinner the craft truck was there for breakfast and snacks and when his chef was off.

I was on the set for Hairspray for 3 and a half months and other sets and craft service is either a portable truck that has a kitchen in it where they can make whatever you want to eat or they use a hall or building with kitchen areas that you go to too eat, the craft service would not make them food on days of not filming unless that is put in thier contract. A craft service like someone said is for the crew and the cast. My old boss had her parrot in the show Darcy's wild Life and when they were not filming the craft service was there for them. Craft service is ALOT different then a personal chef.... John travolta on the set of hairspray had his personal chef in Toronto to cook for all of us but other then lunch and dinner the craft truck was there for breakfast and snacks and when his chef was off.

I remember in an interview, Kate said that's what they had. On days that they film they have their meals from craft services, otherwise they're on there own.

What I dont get is why does it matter where they get food? I mean seriously, who cares?:confused3

I personally don't care where they get their food, I wanted to clear up about craft services and filming, unless she hired a cook herself, she will not get the craft service on off days, I have seen her cook on the show, heck Personally if I had the money to have a cook in my house all the time I would :)

Wow... are we a little jealous? I can't believe that ppl. can't just be happy for others.

The question was how do they "manage" and I simply stated my opinion as to how they do that. I have no reason to be jealous of them or anyone else.

I personally don't care where they get their food, I wanted to clear up about craft services and filming, unless she hired a cook herself, she will not get the craft service on off days, I have seen her cook on the show, heck Personally if I had the money to have a cook in my house all the time I would :)

Sorry Joann, I was not including you when I said people were critisizing!! I actually found your information about craft service very informative. I do not think you providing that knowledge was critical at all. Sorry again, and thank you for sharing your knowledge....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter