Saw on TV last Night: John and Kate + 8 at WDW

DutchsMommy

DIS Veteran
I am sure the show I watched last night was a repeat (being in Canada we always get stuff later LOL) but I watched John and Kate and the Family head down to WDW. They stayed at WL and the show focused on their trip to MK. It was really fun to watch (and funny - I love how John and Kate get along, so like my DH and I :rolleyes1 ). They rode Dumbo and Teacups, saw the Princesses, went to Chef Mickey's and watched the afternoon Parade (which for some reason I am thinking is now the Family parade and doesn't have the characters but am not sure). Anyway, it was really fun to watch and I loved how Kate said now they would have to go back and how there is just something about Disney that makes her feel like a kid........tell me about it, we all live it every day. Makes me more excited about our trip back to the Mouse in January! :cloud9:

I saw parts of it, too. The Disney part made me really excited about our upcoming trip! I just hate seeing her flip out over every little thing. Made me a little sad for the kids, esp. when she said one was ruined for spilling something on her outfit. I couldn't watch it after that. Kinda took away the magic.

So I read through my planning book again :rotfl:

I don't usually watch Jon & Kate - but I did last night so I could get my Disney fix in ! I have to turn the channel when she melts down about the ice cream with the princesses though. I can't stand to watch her get so upset when she's having such a magical moment. (My girls spilled their ice cream all over their princess dresses at Epcot - we just wiped it up and laughed about it.)

Agreed - the ice cream was a bit excessive. I wonder if she freaks it up a bit because people are watching. I know when someone is watching me I tend to get a bit more riled up about DSs behavour. Although, spilling ice cream is kindof par for the course at Disney. In any case, I don't think the kids were really listening anyway - they probably tune her out when she gets all 'queen bee' as Cara called it LOL

Texas Rob - it is a TV show following a family who have 6 yo twins and 3 yo sextuplets just showing their daily life and the chaos that can ensue!
PS - did you know if you switch the vowels in Texas you get Taxes (I almost called you Taxes Rob).

LOL to the Taxes Rob thing...actually I moved to Iowa...so I am Iowa Rob now, but didn't know how to change my login.

Thank you for the information though!

I watched the episode with my DDs. My daughter Makayla was just horrified that one of their kids slept through the parade. She wanted me to promise to wake her up if she happened to fall asleep as she didn't want to miss it. Then she wanted to practice me waking her up, just in case.

Neither of my DDs could understand the problem with the ice cream. I have to admit, I thought she over reacted. Course, I always have exta clothes - but even if I didn't. . .it's a vacation, vacation + kids = some kind of mess.

We are staying at the WL (it is our first disney trip) so seeing how pretty it was added to my excitement.

i cant watch that episode. i want to just jump through the screen and smack her.
and not even just for the spilled icecream, that i almost get even though she took it too far.
the part that gets me is when she makes maddy wear the ears when the poor girl obviously doesnt want to. i mean geesh, what a way to start a morning, let the kid be!!

I think Kate overreacts too much. She's annoying. First she's at MK, having a private meet and greet with the princesses, then Disney brings them free ice cream, then she says they can't have the ice cream because they'll be sticky, so John gives them the ice cream anyway, and she flips out and has a coniption because her KIDS get sticky. Imagine, kids getting sticky.

CHILL OUT WOMAN!!!

Her flipping out is the reason her 8 year old twins throw temper tantrums. They think it's ok. It is NOT ok for an 8 year old to throw temper tantrums. Which, I'm of the mindset that it is not ok for any kid to throw a temper tantrum, but 8 years old, give me a break. She just needs to calm down and chill out and her children will follow suite.

She's nuts. Not that I blame her, she's got an army of rugrats. It's only a matter of time before we read about her being institutionalized.

I think the community board thread is perhaps a more suitable place for this discussion, however, I would add that unless someone here has sextuplets and twins, we probably don't have a clue about the stress level (Oh, and the reason for the mickey ears is that "Mickey" specifically requested the whole family wear their ears for breakfast in his note to them; you see that part when they get to their rooms at WL; and the 8 year olds you mention were 6 at the time)

I hate that show, can't watch it. That woman is just nuts and a control freak..and the way she treats her husband. There was an episode where they were celebrating his 30th birthday. My DH and I were like, he's only 30? He looks 45..My DH doesn't know how he just doesn't get in his car and just keep going..:rolleyes1 :sad2: I think she did overreact when they were at the meet and greet with the princesses. Not only did they get free ice cream, I'm betting they probably didn't even have to pay for the vacation, TLC probably paid for the whole thing.

She's nuts. Not that I blame her, she's got an army of rugrats. It's only a matter of time before we read about her being institutionalized.

kidding right? shes got to be the luckiest parent in the world. how many moms out there dont work and get as many nannies and helpers as she does? do you know she doesnt cook? they have a personal chef prepare their meals all they have to do is heat up. she has maids that come in to keep the house neat. she even has a woman come in to fold her laundry for her.
i think she has it made, and its sad she cant even enjoy it.

btw, my husband is the oldest of 13. his mom had 2 sets of twins and most of them are less than a year apart. she never even had babysitters(could you imagine the cost:scared: ). she was never institutionalized:rotfl:

I think the community board thread is perhaps a more suitable place for this discussion, however, I would add that unless someone here has sextuplets and twins, we probably don't have a clue about the stress level (Oh, and the reason for the mickey ears is that "Mickey" specifically requested the whole family wear their ears for breakfast in his note to them; you see that part when they get to their rooms at WL; and the 8 year olds you mention were 6 at the time)

oh i saw the episode, but the letter said, basically in passing, "dont forget to wear your ears". not "if you dont wear your ears you will be kicked out". come on now...mickey didnt write the letter, it was a cast member, and not even a cast member they will ever be aware of. i wouldnt ruin a morning over ears.

It made me laugh! Sure she had a melt down, I can't imagine many parents that don't have a meltdown over little things that they don't feel bad about later. I have done the same thing! Oh well, no one is perfect. I am sure my kids won't me the only ones having an occasional melt down on our trip in a few weeks, but at least I won't have a camara recording me! (at least I hope I won't!):rotfl:

I am sure the show I watched last night was a repeat (being in Canada we always get stuff later LOL) but I watched John and Kate and the Family head down to WDW. :

I live in Canada and that episode has been on numerous times over the last year. It was last summer that the family went. We see the new episodes the same night as Americans.

I did watch a few minutes of it last night and showed my boys Chef Mickey's as we're eating there in a few months. They don't remember it from our last trip as they are too young.

One of my aunts & uncles have 12 kids, the other aunt and uncle have 7 kids, I'm fairly familiar with the stress level. The family with the 12 kids are the most well behaved children you will ever meet, and my aunt and uncle are as calm as can be. The other aunt, with the 7 kids, is spastic and annoying just like good ole Kate, and her kids are heinous.

Excuse me for getting their ages wrong, even for a 6 year old, it is unacceptable to throw a temper tantrum.

Someone posted about this on the Tips Board, so I was able to watch! It was just so fun to see them in Disney. They were even at the WL! :goodvibes:

They got VIP treatment in the park, though, right?

I saw it last night too, first time I've seen any of these programmes since I only just moved here recently. Wow.. it was interesting!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter