School dept did it to us! School resumes 2 wks late

imgoingtodisney

Goal! going on this cruise 37lbs less and I will e
Finally in the paper today (5days before school was suppose to resume)
The kids have no school until SEPT 9th!! (missing 7 days)

Oh my God! Are all these kids going to take over the library?! Where else would the working parents send these kids at the last minute?!
Personally I have about 5 days Im gonna have to bring DS to work with me - of course DH says "ya so"

Not to mention now they will get out of school 7 days later in the spring...... don't ya love how they plan sometimes??:rolleyes: Good luck with the work thing.....

7 days later in the "spring" brings us to June 30th!
Maybe they will take it out of Feb or Apr vacation weeks.
Currently they are down to have a week off Christmas and a wk off New Years. I dont see why they need a wk for New Years
If they are smart about it (ya right) there are vaca weeks to take the 7 days from.

I have been worried about a late start for us to- we have 2 large construction projects going on in our school. So far it looks like we will start on time as I was told I can get in to set up my classroom on Monday. I feel bad for you. I would much rather start the last week in August and get out in mid -June. This year we start the 4th of Sept., and the earliest we can get out is the 20th of June:(

I kiddingly said to my friend this morning (when she called and woke me with this news-thanks Tammie) want to take the kids to Disney World?

Maybe your schedule already has some "built in" extra days. I know we have some as we did not have to make up the day or 2 we missed for flooding from a hurricane 2 years ago.
That said, I am thankful we get out in May!

We have 5 "extra" days for possible weather issues, but I'd sure hate if I had to blow them at the start of the year!
Why are they delaying? Are they building? My girls didn't start until Sept. 8 last year because the new HS wasn't finished but we knew that was going to happen all summer. This summer they didn't finish until June 13 and go back Wednesday--so last year they had a 12 week vacation, this year 10 weeks.
Robin M.

Yes we do have 5 built-in snow days.
This past year we didnt need to use any so the kids got out June 17
Next year - who knows?
Id like them to take a few days off the 2wk Christmas/New Years vaca or off the Feb or Apr vaca

We started school this past Monday and will be done the end of May. It's been only 5 days and it feels like 5 weeks!

You know that's pretty weird that they waited so long ..

FYI- My cousin lives in Oxford and found out several days ago by checking here. She says that she can't rely on the schools to let her know stuff so she has this bookmarked

http://www.oxps.org/

start date on that site is wrong - still says aug 28
Worc Telegram this morn has it as Sept 9th

Jenz,

I just tried that link and saw:

SCHOOLS START DELAYED UNTIL SEPTEMBER 9th see district notices for more information

You're not getting the flashing message at the top that school is delayed until 9/9?

It's right below the fax # and address info

no -i just doublechecked - we've been having puter problems at home though - wonder what else im missing -sorry

Oh my I really feel for you guys thank god Dudley is still starting on Aug 27th you had me worried for a minute there I wasn't sure which town you were talking about.

If you aren't seeing an updated web page, you might want to try refreshing the page by holding down the control key on your keyboard and clicking on the Refresh button. Some browsers are setup to never reload a page unless forced to by the user. This speeds up surfing on a slow internet connection, but sometimes you miss changes on web pages.

We knew all along that our kids would be starting late this year, also due to construction at ALL the schools in our district, not just the high school. All of the "in service" days have been eliminated and winter and spring breaks have also been shortened. Our kids are still scheduled to finish school on June 6, 2003.

yeah - but an all new High School? How cool is that!

My DS was in a brand new building one year and it was fabulous. All the desks, computers, equipment -- everything was brand spanking new, sparkling, and had all the newest gizmos and gadgets.

It was like that new car feeling -- you know -- before your kids spill the first 20 cokes in the back seat. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter