Scooter (preggo wife and toddler) - Umbrella?

Does disney allow scooter umbrellas? (2019 rules)

• Total voters
I'd be more worried about the heat and staying hydrated more than the feet hurting. My babymoon was in NYC because of a college reunion, I was about 6 or 7 months pregnant and walked 30-40 blocks a couple days in a row without a problem.
The one feedback I see about ECVs is they are not as intuitive to drive as one might think. I'd be more inclined to try the first day or two WITHOUT the scooter and then if you need one, just rent it at the park.

What's a babymoon?

I would take a transport chair versus a big scooter and push her when she's had enough. I could be wrong but I don't think crowd levels are going to be low anytime soon and it can be very frustrating maneuvering through the crowd. Plan a lot of breaks, even 15 minutes will be a huge help. I can remember waddling around the Magic Kingdom at 8 months and it really wasn't that bad. Keep reminding her to drink A LOT of water and take it easy. Congrats on the new baby and have a great trip.

They'll also have a toddler with them - so I think a wheelchair wouldn't work?

@DisneyOma the last trip before you have a kid. Someone somewhere invented the term, probably as a marketing tool to get pregnant women to travel before they have a kid.

I went at 6 months pregnant in July with DH and four teenagers. I was not really physically fit, never really exercised, etc. and still could outlast the teenagers at WDW that week. Drink lots of water ... take some breaks / get in the AC ... I've also been on a scooter vacation with my father ... that thing was a pain in the a$$. The next trip he joined us on (this past March), he said he'd rather walk than try to get around in the scooter. He's 76 years old ... when he got tired in MK, we parked him in the Hall of Presidents :banana:

Thanks so much for your input. I have been before and the crowds are very random. Sometimes super crowded, but other times not bad at all. It is my first time with a pregnant wife and toddler though.

We plan on taking tons of breaks, and skipping most coasters. I dont think we are in any rush to get anywhere! I just want my wife to have a decent experience adn not have her feet hurt at the end of day 2. I heard many people say a scooter is helpful, but annoying to navigate. Have you gone through the parks while 6 months pregnant? Was it okay to walk?

I had no issues with a stroller in the past because we usually Uber back and forth. I tried the bus a couple of times, but Disney transport takes a long time from the park to our hotels and gave up - the last trip took me 45 minutes one way! My kid and wife passed out just waiting for the bus to arrive.

Regarding her feet, we went last summer. About 2-3 weeks before we left...bam...foot pain anytime I walked, so I am thinking plantar faciatis. Not good! I still went and walked my 20000-30000 steps. But mid day we took a break per norm. This was the first trip since kids that I didn’t nap, none of us did, well maybe my 17 yo daughter did. I swear the pool was a miracle “drug” for my feet. They were so sore, or one was but I swam for a good 2-3 hours on our mid day break. My feet felt like heaven after that.

Seems overwhelmingly consistent. lol

I guess most people are opposed to a scooter.
We are going to try going to Hershey Park without a scooter and see how it goes. Prior to pregnancy, my wife would get tired from walking about 1/2 a day (I admit, I usually go fast, and we get on every ride). This time, I thought the scooter would help so she wont get as tired, but from the sounds of it, the ECV is annoying to drive around the park.

Ill see how she feels. We may end up getting the scooter adn just parking it somewhere. That way, if she wants it, I can still get it for her.

Really appreciate all your reponses!!!

I ended up rending the ECV umbrella as well. That way no one hits it.

Um...I get tired when not pregnant walking 1/2 a day. You have been on all the rides, it’s OK if you skip one. Or if she sits in the shade while you go commando to get in ride after ride after ride. Seriously, I would not mind that one bit.

I went pregnant once, I was in my early 1st trimester. It was July, it was hot, my cankles were not happy. But we rested when I needed to and I walked when I wanted to. We didn’t rush because we knew we’d be back.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter