Sebastian's Bistro: Goat Curry. Good or Bad?

TreAntDeu

Mouseketeer
Im just curious if anyone has had this and what their thoughts are. We are going next trip. Im a very adventurous eater, so im wondering what the quality of this dish is like.

Holey moley! Curried goat at WDW?!?
Hot diggity dog maybe I should figure out how to get there......OK, I grew up eating the dish but have never had it at Sebastian's or any place outside of the Caribbean islands or family members' homes.
Sorry about that yet thanks for the heads up.

Hot diggity dog maybe I should figure out how to get there......OK, I grew up eating the dish but have never had it at Sebastian's or any place outside of the Caribbean islands or family members' homes.

Haha, I immediately thought of you after I saw the title!

Again, I have never liked curry, but curry goat sounds interesting :scratchin

Im happy to help! I live in the Midwest USA. Goat is nonexistent as a food item. So im pretty excited. I was just trying to figure out if it is a halfway decent representation of a real Curried Goat or if I should pass on it.

Im happy to help! I live in the Midwest USA. Goat is nonexistent as a food item. So im pretty excited. I was just trying to figure out if it is a halfway decent representation of a real Curried Goat or if I should pass on it.
A bit biased but think it's a fine meat that tastes a bit like lamb only sweeter.

I wish I knew the restaurant's offerings even existed before this thread but Disney does a bit of a disservice by listing it as Latin instead of Caribbean cuisine; I'd have never thought to look for it under that filter.
I'm strongly considering changing my itinerary around to accommodate this restaurant for our next unfortunately short trip. The menu reads well and various dishes have gotten great reviews to date. The meat pies look interesting and even though it's quite common in NYC I'd be happy to try it; jerk chicken is a dish I'm always drawn to and I'm willing to taste any dish that can make yucca tasty instead of boiled and stringy. I blame the stringiness on it 's travel time to the US marketplace and used to ignore it when I cooked at home. Tasting it in the islands was a mind blowing experience that opened my eyes to the beauty of it.

Here's hoping that one of the Dissers who have eaten there can give a better review of what's to be found at Sebastian's :).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter