Sept. 11th, 2004!!! Roll Call!

That up date sounds good. I know I'm going to keep my fingers crossed that PC will be open.

Last time I checked hotwire and hotels.com...there were still some good deals for hotels around/near MCO. There is also priceline to check out.

We have been packed for so long now...I'm feeling we've left something out. I guess we'll find out when we need it :) At this point I can't even remember what we did pack.

Spirits up, fingers crossed, bags packed...what else is there...were ready to go. :crazy:

So anyone else looking into a car rental...for the drive/trip to Ft. Lauderdale? I still have my fingers crossed that we won't have to do that. I'm really wanting to just keep our plans for transportation to PC. Hmmm...I don't like this waiting business. It sucks:) I would think they would know something rather soon. Well I'm hopeing they do.

I saw the latest update on Ivan...winds at 160mph...cat 5:mad: moving 17mph and heading right for Jamacia....and Grand Caymans. :earseek:

GO AWAY IVAN!!!:mad: GO AWAY IVAN!!!:mad: GO AWAY IVAN!!!:mad:

We need some Pixie dust:wizard:

OK, I just checked and it does not look good for Florida again. It looks like Ivan is now headed straight for them - and a big one he is! This morning they announced that it is now a catagory 5 and projected to hit Florida sometime Sunday or Monday morning. Lets keep our fingers crossed that it dies down before then. This makes it so hard to be excited about the cruise. My thoughts are focused more on the residents of Fl and the devastation of the storms.

Go AWAY IVAN! GO AWAY IVAN! GO AVAY IVAN!

Kathy

Ivan's path is not looking so hot for Florida this morning.:mad:

Lisa...check your personal messages

Prayers go out to those Ivan has already hit.

Tracy

Just got off the phone with CM, I was making sure that they had our cell phone number since we're leaving at the crack of dawn tomorrow. According to CM, our itinerary remains exactly the same as of 10:30 this morning! Key West and Castaway Cay were still on the itinerary. She said that port authorities are confident that the port will be ready for us. I'm not quite as confident since I work for US Army Corps of Engineers (but in NC, not FL) and they need emergency dredging. Federal contracts take time unless local authorities are willing to pay. On occasion they'll do emergency work without funds at hand, but that's rare. I guess we'll all know. Since I was on hold for 5 minutes, I decided to ask about the movies since someone else mentioned them and my kids wanted to know. CM was able to provide that without having to speculate. Here's the list:

Around the World in 80 days
Brother Bear
Confessions of a Teenage Drama Queen
Finding Nemo
Hidalgo
Home on the Range
The Ladykillers
Miracle
Princess Diaries 2
Raising Helen

Not a bad list.

20 Hours to go before the big car trip!!!!
:moped:

Not to be cold hearted, but does anyone know what the weather will be like? I am trying to pack and last year I pretty much only took shorts. Will it still be pretty warm?

Talked to them as soon as I got to my office this morning and no change as of yet.
She did tell me that CC had 'minimal' damage so it just depends on how long it'll take to clean up.

Wow,
After all of this time we are getting close. So what about the PC vs PE thing. If it is PE we would rather fly into Lauderdale?
By the way, what number are you all calling to DCL? I always end up spending an hour on hold.
WE ARE GOING TO HAVE FUN!
DD Ed

I called 1-888-325-2500 and took the reservations option. There was actually an option within the reservations option for our particular sailing. I was on hold about 5 minutes. It wasn't bad - there's Disney muzak for your entertainment.

What do you think about leaving our cars at the Radisson?

Wonder091204Reads - I'm a TA so I call a different # then others do.
I can't see paying to change my flights into Ft. Lauderdale so I'm sticking with Orlando!

Just spoke to my TA. We're considering bringing the kids because Ivan is currently projected to hit Orlando (here we go again!) Anyway, DCL states our only option is to add the kids to our room (no second room or larger room available) and they are charging them both full ADULT fare (DCL is charging us more for the kids than they did for us...Geesh! FYI...we have a one year old and a fifteen year old.) Also, they won't let us move our travel dates or cancel. :earseek:

I'm more disappointed right now than anything else. So much for being loyal to Disney...we have Premium Annual Passes, Disney Dining Experience Cards, we've cruised with them three prior times, we vacationed at their premium resorts for years and now we even live in their town, Celebration! I don't want special treatment, but how about understanding the situation and giving us fair treatment. More than doubling our cruise price for adding our kids to the SAME ROOM! Doesn't seem very customer friendly to me.

At this point, it is very difficult to know what to do. I really need a crystal ball to see how this all plays out. So much for a fun, relaxing, romantic week. Remind me NEVER to book during hurricane season again. What a mistake!

Safe travels to all of you coming into town. The weather here is fine, right now, so flights and drives should go smoothly.

Still hope to see you on board!

Lisa

Well, hurricane season as I'm sure you know is from June 1st till Nov. 30th so that limits alot of us!
Let's just hope for the best!!
Everything will work out I have a feeling!::yes::

scrapperjill- When I spoke to Happy Limo they didn't quote a price to go to PE, but I checked their website and it's over $700 roundtrip. One of my concerns is that we leave from PE but come back to PC, I don't know how to let Happy Limo know that we might need them on the way back.

Lisa- hope you have some luck making your plans- it's sounds like you have more stress than any of us- I hope everything works out.

From the track that Ivan is taking I can't imagine us still doing a western caribbean, it looks like it might be an eastern and might even include CC.

Here's hoping everything works out. We leave Tucson tonight and fly out of Phx at 6:30 tomorrow morning. I will be on the phone with DCL as soon as we land!

Hookedonmagic...I'm sorry to hear about what it going on...It's not an easy decsion to make. I can understand charging the 15yo the adult rate...they charge adult rate for 9 and over for other things....but a baby...that's unbeleiveable...Robbery.:eek:
I hope your decsions will come to you soon. Keep praying...and chanting... IVAN GO AWAY!!!

I'm just guessing...but looks like Key West is out...Just heard there is a mandatory evacuation for all non-residents (that would be us:( )

I hate to wish bad on others....but Ivan need's to cut NE, hit Hati and scoot on out into the Alantic. Get out of the Western Caribbean, stay clear of the Gulf and no wear near Flordia....theyv'e had more than their share this season.

GO AWAY IVAN!!!:mad: GO AWAY IVAN!!!:mad: GO AWAY IVAN!!!:mad:

Just read that the mandatory evacuation of all tourists and RVs from the keys has started. With Ivan 600 miles out & a category 5 they need the time to get people off those islands.

So now that Key West is out and the rest of the Gulf may be hit (and the seas way too rough in any case) this is rapidly becoming a really challenging mystery cruise!

Shirley (the perfect gift) posted on an earlier thread that they haven't even started dredging at PC so she felt that our cruise might well be departing from PE!

I made ressies at the Courtyard near MCO, got a decent though not spetacular rate. Went via Dave's site used AAA discount, got confused and called the 800#. Got the same rate ($71.00 = tax) for Friday night. Now I need to know if we are leaving from PC or not. The PC website mentioned a news conference scheduled for 2:00 PM today but I could not find any mention of it on the 2 or 3 local news sites I tried. Has any one local heard anything this afternoon?

keeping hopeful here!;) If somewhat crazy:crazy:

I'm leaving work in about an hour :tongue: and probably won't post from home because I have too much to do, so,
just wanted to wish everyone the BEST OF LUCK with your plans!
I hope we all get to where we want to be by Saturday afternoon!
:cool:
Be safe and I'll see you Saturday afternoon!!! Not sure where, but I'll be seeing you all somewhere!:tongue:
I can't believe how long ago I started this thread and now here we are!

And remember the line from "Go the Distance".....
"I know every mile will be worth my while, I would go most anywhere to feel like I belong"
And we ALL belong on the MAGIC this weekend!!!
:flower3:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter