Sept. 11th, 2004!!! Roll Call!

I just tried DCl they are still saying everything is as planned out of port canaveral. However if you look at today harbour master report for port everglades it shows the Magic on Saturday.

http://www.broward.org/hmdaily.htm

I find it frustrating that if Disney has decided to go to port everglades why the big secret? Why not make the decision and let everyone who has to travel make plans accordingly.

I just had my talked to a CM... not a very Bright CM.... didn't seem like he even knew there was a hurricane... I asked about PE and they are still saying that we are good for PC.... I don't believe it...

Anywho... I would just like to apologize in advance for the four of us driving in from Chicago... I feel sorry for the people who get stuck sitting next to us on the 3hour bus trip to PE. 20hours without a shower doesn't go over very well :eek:

:teeth: But all is well with the world.. I went to the doctor today and heard my baby's heart beat for the first time.... :hyper:

See you all soon!!!

GO AWAY IVAN!!!

-nat :earsgirl: & baby :cloud9:

Pretty cool, Nat! It's quite a rush hearing that heart flutter for the first time!!!

Good luck to us all!

I'm leaving work now to do final packing and also preventive hurricane measures.

God Bless Us All On the Mystery Cruise!!!

Hello all...
Well it looks like we won't be joining you on this cruise. I am just sick about it, but we can't leave our home with Ivan heading our way. I sort of feel like all my friends are going to a big party and I can't go!!:(

Lisa,
DCL is allowing us to change our reservations to another date. We have to pay $85 per person and the difference in the cruise price. My husband can't get vacation from the PD until APRIL...but that will have to do. I am really trying to have a "grown up" attitude about the whole thing, but I have cried three times today!!:sad: I just have to remember how lucky I am in that as a Florida resident my home is still standing and my family is safe.

With that said... YOU ALL HAVE A GREAT TIME! I love DCL and wherever you sail to you will have a blast!! It was great "meeting" all of you!

Happy cruising!:boat: :fish: :fish: :boat:
Tracy

Oh Tracy, I am so sad for you! I was looking forward to meeting you! I am still praying that Ivan makes a turn AWAY from Florida!

Nat, How great! If you are near anyone form the DIS boards remember we sympathize with you and because we read the "all the best tips thread" we probably have some room freshener with us! :laughing: :rotfl:

I spoke with DCL about an hour ago and the CM said that they (meaning the powers that be at DCL) have been in meetings all day and have not yet changed the ship to PE. I left my cell # so off we go to MCO early in the AM.

Good luck everyone in your travels the next 2 days and safe journey. See you on the Magic!!!!:boat: :fish: :boat: ::yes:: :wave2:

Tracy- what a bummer! Hope you all do alright through Ivan. I hope you have better luck with your new cruise dates.

I am going to call DCL to leave my cell #, too. Just to make sure that they have all my numbers, although, I'll probably be calling them before they can call me tomorrow.

Anyone else concerned about flights home? I am wondering if we have to come back to PE and then take a 4 hour drive we might miss our flight out of Orlando at 2:00. I hope that SW is flexible with letting us change if need be!

See you all soon!

Read on the main board. DCL just told me that it was confirmed about an hour ago that the port is fixed and that we will sail out of Port Canaveral. Keep your fingers crossed that she is right!

Tracy, I'm so sorry to hear that you won't be joining us. I was really looking forward to meeting you :( . I do hope that you have a much smoother cruise experience when you rebook. I, too, have vowed never to book during hurricane season again (well, at least not Aug thru Oct). I wish you the best and pray that you do not have to face Ivan.

I just called DCL to give them my cell #, and the CM told me that they just had an announcement, that the Magic would be docking at Port Canaveral and departing from there as well on Saturday. She said the announcement has come straight from their president after a lengthy meeting. So let's keep our fingers crossed that this is the official word!

We still do not have a hotel, but are going to head out at 6:30 tomorrow morning and make calls along the way. If we cannot find a hotel in Cocoa Beach, we will find something a little farther out.

Off to pack the very last items. See you at Mickey's pool at 3 pm!

Stacy:wave2:

Tracy,

I'm sorry to hear you decided to cancel. What a bummer!:( But I'm glad to hear DCL treated you so well. :sunny: That's the only good news I've heard today. I'm sure you'll have a great cruise in April!

My in-laws are determined to come tomorrow, either way. They think it will be "super" to ride out the hurricane with us. This from the people who didn't even bother to call before, during or after either Charley or Frances. When we finally did speak to them, they said "Oh, we just assumed you were fine!":crazy: Obviously, I think it is very generous of them to watch our kids while we vacation, and I am very grateful, BUT...I might go on the cruise just to avoid spending a week hunkered down with them!:headache:

Safe travels everyone.

Lisa

Hey, I was just told by DCL CM that our cruise ports of call will be St.Thomas, San Juan, and CC or Nassau. Any ideas on excursions?
We also booked a hotel room at the Makai in Ormond Beach for Friday for $35. Our planned lodging,DD's apt has no water.
See you real soon. Angela

TraSee, I am sorry that you will not be joining us. I am sure it was not an easy decision to make. I wish you better luck with your next cruise. And good luck with Ivan. Hopefully he will change course and not head your way.:(

Hookedonmagic - are you still deciding what to do? I cannot say I would blame you if you decided not to go. Good Luck with your decision.

Well, that is good news that we will be going to PC. Well, I guess it looks like we will be doing an Eastern Excursion after all. Although I was looking forward to our excursions, I am just happy to be on the ship going somewhere!!

Natale1980 - How exciting!!:sunny: The fun is just beginning with your pregnancy.

Well everyone who is about ready to head out, have a safe journey and we will see each other on Saturday! I do not know if I will be back on to post. I will try tomorrow morning.

Kathy

:hyper: Well... time to go to bed....
One more call in to DCL before we leave tomorrow... then we are off!!!
The only think I don't understand about PC is.... if everything is ok and good to go... why hasn't PC updated their web page yet? :confused:
I hope everyone is right and we are leaving from PC... I guess we won't really know anything till we get there!

See you soon!

-nat :earsgirl: & baby:cloud9:

TraSee I'm so sorry you wont be joining us - stay safe, our prayers are with you. :worried:

Natalie- how exciting to hear the heart beat for the first time. I remember how that feels so well. See ya soon!:wave2:

Just had to see my counter one last time:) See all of you at PC very soon:sunny:

Kinda late joining this thread but we will be sailing tommorow with you all, we live in west palm beach and after dealing with francis and having no power for a week we are looking forward to a break, although we will be concerned about our home with Ivan. This is our third disney cruise and were hoping for the western sa we have done the eastern already, oh well better than going through a hurricane. Ps have a 6yo boy and a 10 yo girl who im sure would love to meet some friends. Mike & Dawn

Hi all,
TraSee, sorry you're not going to be able to join us. I'm glad you got to switch your dates.

We made it safe and sound down to Titusville. We're at the hotel, and have been checking the port's phone number, and Disney's all day for updates. Still with the mantra, As long as we get ON the ship. :-)

Looks like Port Canaveral is a go, and San Juan should be cool.
It's the Magic.

How many hours now? hmmmm, 18 more hours, and we should be on the ship.

Hope to see all of you soon.

Angie

Welcome back everyone!!!!
That was a GREAT trip!!! I didn't see anyone walking around with the mickey paint chips...
Oh Well...

GOOD TIMES!!! :teeth:

-nat & baby

Nat,

Glad you had a good time. We did too. We meet a few folks from this thread on the first day at the Mickey Pool. That was the only time we actually wore our Alien Green Name Tags. Our DD made fast friends with amgpmg's DD which was great.

We are discussing our dinner options for tonight and are missing our servers!

Erin

Welcome Back Everyone!!! We got back yesterday and I am trying to motivate myself to get unpacking.

Nat, glad to hear you had a good time. I did wear my name tag on occassion the first few days, but not the entire week.

As Cali4niacruisin mentioned, we did meet some people the first day. Peyton and Kambria did make fast friends, which was very nice.

We had a wonderful time and I am glad that we got to meet several people. It made the trip that much more memorable!

Kathy

What a fun time!!
We didnt make the meet, we made our spa ressies and went to lunch, then we actually had to go find our frinds wife. While we were in line for the spa ressies, a spa girl came out and asked if anyone waned to be a model for a facial. She snapped her hand up so fast, she got the hydro facial for free!! If you took the tour, you saw her, she was with the spa girl tracie from ireland.
Actually in hind sight, amy i think i was behind you in line for the ressies, as i now put it all together, i saw your tag hanginf from your bag. It just didnt register at the time. That Means that we took your picture with captian tom in the atrium!!!!!!

We ahd a blast, especially in DIversions with Jez n Linda almost every night

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter