Sept. 14, 7 Day Roll Call

Hi All....
We made it back to glorious New Jersey also.......can't say I'm glad to be home.

I dropped my 6 rolls of "water camera" pictures off last night and they should be ready later today. Can't wait to see the Sting Ray City/Snorkling photos...when our guide from Capt Marvins lured that giant moray eel out of that cave it was the first time I ever heard anyone scream through a snorkle tube...

I'd love to share photos also, my email is

tokathy@comcast.net

I need to get more info about the Dec 4-8 Disney convention at Swan/Dolphin....can anyone help?

Kathy & Skip from NJ

I agree. When I saw that guy holding that eel I could not believe it. Someone on our excursion asked him if he would bite his hand. His answere was "not if you don't put you hand in his mouth".

We ordered the video they shot and can not wait to show our friends. We bought two Tortuga Rum cakes and plan on having cake and showing the video to our "old" friends who never get off of the beaten path.

Welcome home Kathy and Skip

Russ

Welcome back 9/14 cruisers!!Not too patiently awaiting your trip reports! Since we sail in 6 days there is not too much time:D

I would be interested to know if the CC gift is still the towel, what are the current movies, how you enjoyed the Captain Marvins trip and if you can tell me how to find their office from the tender dock,what the weather was like, how the shows were, any anything else you can think of!!!

Relling Twin,
The Capt Marvin's trip was great....that is what Russ & I were chatting about in the two previous posts....To get to Capt Marvin's you just walk a few blocks to your left on the Main street that the tender drops you on...it's a store front in a yellow building called Waterfront Centre...
Luckily our weather was good....we were a few days ahead of the hurricane at a few port stops.....it's moving slow above Cancun now and should be gone by your sailing.

Yes, the CC gift was a towel....there were several hundreds of repeat cruisers on our sailing...they had to have the reception in two rooms...

Disney shows were the same (Hercules & Dreams, etc.) the other entertainment was good....funny juggler, guitar playing comic was good......fairwell show was funny too.....only thing I was a bit disappointed in was the adult dueling piano show, it was kind of slow and boring the night we were there......maybe other nights were better, but we didn't go back.....Castaway Cay was great as always.....we stuck to the adult beach and the water was warm, clear and beautiful.....tons of sand dollars and fish all around.....

Hated to see it end....don't think I'll ever do another 3 or 4 day, as 7 days wasn't enough! We like the Western better than Eastern (our personal opinion only)... I heard a rumor that one of the ships will be doing 2 days at Castaway Cay...anyone else hear that? Also that the 3rd ship (that they deny is being built) will sail Disneyland to WDW through the Panama Canal and will be named Disney Dreams....hope it's true!

Any other questions...fire away....

Kathy

:bounce: Hi Everyone!!:bounce:

We had an absolutely AWESOME time! We were only able to meet a few of you all though and that was kinda a bummer.

Greg is at the local Walgreens picking up water film right now from the stingray city tour and the turtle farm...which turned out quite enjoyable to our surprise. We just were going to do the stingray city but are very glad we went to "Hell" and back and the turtle farm.

You can't miss "Who wants to be a Mouseketeer"! That is alot of fun for the young and old alike!!! My seven year old was a contestant and he said it would be something he would never forget.

If you wanna be as famous as Mickey and Minnie then play "Match Your Mate". My husband didn't wanna play at first but once I got him up there it was really alot of fun. Everytime we walked around the ship people would say....Oh, hey...you guys were the "match your mate winners".

Oh get this...WE disembark the ship and get to our vehical which is parked a long long way away only to find out that our keyless entry lock isn't working because we left something on in the car....so we were waiting an extra 30 or 40 minutes or so for "pop a lock' to come and unlock the car. That was about the only bummer of the trip....so in a nutshell we had an absolute ball. Now, we just have two days to rest up from our vacation!

Sorry we didn't meet all of you but there is always next cruise!

Best Wishes To All,
Greg, Heidi, Nathan and Tristan
:jester:

Just got back from a wonderfil vacation. Went to WDW for two days after the cruise. Went Jet Skiing in Key West, Sting Ray City and Kayaking in Cozumel. We all had great tour guides. If going kaking, please bring bug spray. there are tons of Mosquitos. I proposed to my girl friend on the cruise. She said yes and it was the happiest day of my life. We were the two fools on stage at the farewell show. It is actually a small world. We bumped into people at downtown disney, epcot, and mgm saying that they saw us on stage and wanted to congratulate us. We also joined the Disney vacation club while on board. Time to unpack all the booze we bought at cozumel.

We just got back. We drove, so it took us a coupole days. My daughters and I were crying the last night because we didn't want to leave! It was SOOOO wonderful!

Now I understand why some of DIS Board people have said that once you do a 7 day it is hard to go back to the 3 or 4. We had planned to do a 3 day next year (we have decided to go every year for our daughter's birthdays (twins) and so far they have celebrated 3 birthdays on the cruise).

SOOOOO we booked for this same week next year! It will still be the Western Cruise which is great because there were excursions we wanted to do but couldn't do them all!

Anyone else book while on the ship? I just can't believe it was over! BTW, my girls were the 'count down' kids for when we boarded the ship (so we go to go on first). One of my DD and my DH won Mickey Mania the first night too. We had a super great time!

Now I need to figure out how to reset my count down clock for next year!
DJ

Where did everyone meet? We were at the sail away party and didn't see anyone! We kept looking for someone in an orange shirt, or people wearing green leis. Didn't see either. We had a great cruise and really enjoyed the ports, but we didn't meet a single person. Hard to come back home and go to work!

Hello everyone

What a fantastic cruise. Capt. Marvin's excursion was the highlight for my family. Seeing the eel and sharks was unexpected but what a great surprise. We also ordered the tape. Can't wait.

Snorkeling was good in Cozumel but Grand Cayman was by far the best.

Definitely looking forward to this again next year. It was a pleasure meeting some of you, unfortunately I didn't get a chance to meet everyone.

I'm pretty sure my children made up for that.
They met everyone.
Jasmine age 13 and Brandi age 11.

Wonderful memories we'll always cherish.

Jackie

:Pinkbounc

I'm glad I was not the only one that didn't find the group at the sail away. I was looking. I did meet Windermere, and saw one other person with the green lei's. Did get to meet the family of Carol RN. Went on the galley tour with them. Very nice. Well I hope everyone had as good a time as we did. See you around the DIS.

Kinicki,

Hi! We were on the kayaking trip too...hope your girlfriend is feeling better!! The bugs were really attracted to her. : )

Congrats again on getting engaged!!!

Ginny

Hi everyone!
We arrived back in CT around 4:30. The weather was overcast, but at least it was warm. Who cares? Didn't want to be back anyway. We did a lot of relaxing, swam with the stingrays, and ate and ate and ate! Hope to go again next year, but not sure when. Already have a trip to WDW planned for Dec., so we'll wait until Jan or Feb to decide which we want - Western or Eastern.
Been on both - can't pick a favorite. Maybe we should just do both back to back. Can you keep the same room for the 14 days?
What happens on Saturday when the boat empties and new passengers come on? Oh well, probably won't happen, but I can dream can't I. Isn't that what Disney is all about?
Take care all our fellow sailmates. It was a ball!
Jan

Don't feel bad...we couldn't find anyone either at the sailaway party but we did manage to meet some around the ship. Greg and I are pretty loud people so most knew who we where and were we where!

:p :cool:

Greg and Heidi:bounce: :Pinkbounc

Hey Russ:

This is Greg asking you...I'm just the typist!! "So how's the hot tub and the filters working?"

I'm just the messenger remember!!! lol:rolleyes: .

The service rep showed up yesterday and brought a new filter. I installed it and have not had time to get in. I worked Sun., Mon., and 6 hours today. I am done for the week though.

I'll let you know.

Hey Heidi,

Russ

Russ:

I will let Greg know...and don't work too hard. I go back tomorrow...BLAK! It was nice to take a couple of days off before going back to work though. We have the pictures almost ready to put on webshots album on the net and when they are complete I will let you all know and you can have a look at them...

Have a GREAT rest of the week!

Heidi

Russ,

Castaway What?

I told my agent I wanted to play
On a lovely island called Castaway Cay.

“It’s Castaway “Key” she said to me.
I said “C-A-Y is Key? How can that be?”

An island is found in a bay, not a bee.
The sun on your face is a ray, not a ree.

When giving opinions you say “aye” or “nay”,
And when you bow down, you don’t pree – you pray!

So see what you say – and say what you see –
A cay’s still a cay and a key’s still a key.

And tell the authorities without delay
To please use their heads – not todee, but today!

Jan

Shades of Dr. Suess. That was great. My friends here in SC can not believe I spent so much time with Yankees last week and enjoyed every minute of it. Such a talented and fun bunch.
Thank you for that poem,

Russ

I have just completed putting over a hundred photos from the cruise into a program called Photo Parade. In order for you to view these photos you will have to download a viewer program. It is quick and safe to do.
If anyone would like to see these photos please email us at russpoole@charter.net and give us your email address. I will send them to you today.

Russ

PS
What were you doing four weeks ago?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter