September 12, 2004 Roll Call 9-12-2004 9-12-04 (the "GO AWAY IVAN" Cruise)

Hello everyone I just want to post a quick hello before we leave. It's 6:55 am and I have to pack the bags and get the car ready to leave for the airport. Hope to see everyone on board and wish everyone safe travels to the ship. We leave this evening at 10:30pm from LAX. I can't wait for this vacation to begin. What a week it's been....

See ya onboard!!! :Pinkbounc :wave:

Just back from 9/12 cruise. Were my fellow cruisers suprised by the port change to Charlston? We were on the land/sea, so did not find out about it until the morning of. Was disappointed Disney did not offer compensation for not being able to sail to CC.

Hi, I just got back from the 9/12 Cruise too. This was my first cruise on DCL so while I've heard great things about CC I dont have anything to compare too.

My family and friends had a great time and we re-booked for next year for a 7 Day Western Carribean Cruise.

We cant wait! I would have like to have met some fellow DIS Board Members...maybe next year. I thought I ran into Gooffyguy777 on the last night at the internet cafe but turned out it wasnt him.

MaryLou

I wasn't too pleased with the change to Charleston either and the fact that our day at Nassau wasn't as long as it originally had been planned. I overheard a family on the ship talking about how they live in Charleston, I hope they were given some sort of compensation for that at least.

We live in Charlotte NC and have about a short drive to Charleston. When we arrived at PC and were told that our first stop was Charleston we were very upset. That is not the tropical port or day at sea we purchased.

We went as far as talking to a supervisor at PC about compensation and were given the same script over and over again. No shipboard credit...nothing. We even talked about rescheduling but could not tell our kids after the trip to Fla. that we were going home.

The cruise was wonderful we had a wonderful time but the first day was not what we had payed for.

Anyone hear anything back from DCL?

Our friends submitted a letter to them about our problems and no response yet

Steve

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter