September 12, 2004 Roll Call 9-12-2004 9-12-04 (the "GO AWAY IVAN" Cruise)

I just found the answer to my question.... according to the Disney Announcement at 4:30pm today, the 9/9 3-night Wonder is going to Nassau - then a day at sea. They're leaving from Ft. Lauderdale but anticipate disembarking back at Port Canaveral Sunday, assuming the Port is open by then.
Guess that may leave us with 2 days at sea?

I called DCL this morning (54 min wait) to cancel an excurison, and asked the rep about the status of cruise.

1) Nothing has changed for our cruise (inculding stops at CC and Nassau)*

2) Our ship is now "SOLD OUT"

3) We should be departing out of Port Canaveral. *

* Disclosure---Everything subject to change

Well I'm crossing my fingers hope everything goes great for us.

A big welcome to all new cruisers on our ship.

-Steve "Goofyguy777" :wave:

and big hello to Diznylnd and Family :wave: :wave: :wave:

Happy First Day of school Juliette :cheer2:

Yea, My TA just called with DCL on the line and said everthing should be good for leaving out of PC.
She also said they were taking CM's to CC today and would have more info tomorrow on that.:cool2:

I'm giving this thread a "bump" because our "GO AWAY IVAN" chants are clearly not loud enough. The newest track isn't exactly in our favor!

:love1: Dave's girls are just LOVIN daddy right now!! Everyone here at our house is SOOO excited. Fingers crossed for Castaway Cay, but no worries..........I just know that on Sunday we will be on the boat........to somewhere!

Is everyone else worthless at work right now!?!

(not to embarass Dave, but he made a "test run" to the airport on Monday!)

:drinking1

LOL! I love the test run to the airport thing. That is something our friend Goofy777 would do. I can't belive that we are leaving in three days. With our only DD just having her 1st Day of Pre school we are emotionally spent. We need a vacation bad. Can't wait to get on the plane.

See everyone soon. :Pinkbounc :bounce: :wave2: princess: ::MinnieMo

It's midnight here so I can officially say we leave for FL in just TWO days! Keep doing the "Go Away Ivan" Chant everyone because he sure isn't listening.
Are we planning a meet onboard?
And, has anyone made some fun door signs?

OK gang, we're heading out Friday in AM. Will someone PLEASE post as soon as you hear anything if we have to get to Port Everglades for our cruise?!

On the Cruise boards, they said it was a very big possibility.
We're driving from NY so the thought of another 3 hours tacked on is killing me.

I'm hoping that PC gets ok to open.
Counting on my fellow cruisers " in the know" for updates!
Thanks!
Kathy

Tragedy Narrowly Averted :eek:

The birth certificate I have now is the only one I have known in my 37 years of existance. I went to replace a lost a drivers license today only to find out that the BC I have is the one they give you at the hospital, and I found out the official seal is from the hospital authority. Great to hang on the wall but not official.

Luckily my dad still lives in our home town in Georgia and since he is on the BC then he can pick it up and next day it to us in Charlotte.

What a morning 2 days before we leave:scared:

My sister called DCL this morning and was told PC is full of sand and the fishing boats cannot get into the channel. The are working on dredging out PC and are hoping that PC will be open for our cruise. Was also told Castaway cay was not hit as bad as they thought the port is in the same shape as PC. Disney is hoping to have CC open on our cruise but of course could not guarantee it. Disney is dredging the CC port. Our dilemma was we are staying in Orlando Saturday night. So do we drive to PC or FT Lauderdale. And what if communications get crossed and we drive to Lauderdale and the ship is in PC???? If we leave from FT Lauderdale and then the ship returns back to PC how do we get our vehicle?? After I experience a mild heart attack on what do we do, the CM advised we keep our reservations and if we have to go to FT Lauderdale we can go to the Disney resort and catch a shuttle bus (free) and will take us to the port. According to the CM FT Lauderdale cannot accomodate all of the parking. Makes sense now why the CM's are advising people to use the shuttle instead of driving there! CM also advised to stay in close contact with DCL before we leave. So they have our home and cell phone. I am all for "Ivan go away". By the way is anyone else getting a look of "Are you crazy" when they find out you are going on a cruise? Do people actually think a cruise line is going to take a liability by sailing right through a hurricane, duh!!! they navigate around the hurricane! Oh well!!! Cannot wait to meet everyone. Have we decided a meeting place yet?

:wave:
I just called DCL. The message for our cruise states that

A) Due to beach erosion, we will not be stopping at C.C.

B) Yes PC will be open and we are to depart from there.

I wanted to be triple sure so I waited to talk to a CM (a 2 minute wait)
:teeth:

DCL CM named Joseph confirmed that yes we will be departing from PC and will be stopping at Nassau. However the final plans for the day that would've been CC have not been made.

I'm feeling better... leaving tomorrow morning... IVAN, back you horrific wind dog you... Back, Back we say!:tongue:

Looking forward to meeting you all! Kathy

:wave: Hi Higgie and Tiggerzfan:wave:

I hope you all have an enjoyable cruise! Be sure to post those "Live from the Wonder" threads...I'll be waiting with baited breath!!!

Have a great time::yes::

Give Princess Meghan princess: a kiss for us...

Kim:sunny:

Hello My family and I will be joining you all on this crazy vacation.At this point I dont know how to feel all I know is never book a criuse this time of year again

TJ -
"After I experience a mild heart attack on what do we do"

LOL! This pretty much describes my state of mind for the past 24 hours! And yes, neighbors are likely snickering behind our backs when they hear we're still cruising. My family can't laugh at me - they're coming with us!:crazy:

TinkerKat - Thanks for the official DCL update. I knew it was a long shot, but still disappointed about not going to CC. As long as we all get on the ship and head somewhere "Ivan-proof" then life is good. Have a safe trip tomorrow; we leave early Saturday morning (flying from PHL).

See everyone on Sunday!:wave:

I was just told our CC day will be a day at sea.
A day at sea is still a day not at work.

Even though Ivan doesn't look set to hit for a few days. Do you think there will be problems with flights regarding getting to the cruise on the 12th?

This was update on the Port Canaveral website:

Disney Cruise Line Update

September 10, 2004
September 10, 2004, Celebration, Florida - Disney Cruise Line announced today that its two ships, the Disney Magic and the Disney Wonder, will set sail from Port Canaveral this weekend as originally planned.

Due to inclement weather created by Hurricane Ivan, the Disney Magic will be sailing on a modified Eastern Caribbean sailing that includes ports in St. Thomas and San Juan rather than its original Western Caribbean itinerary. The Disney Wonder will sail to Nassau in the Bahamas. Guests who have questions about these sailings should call (800) WDW-CRUISE.

ok so no CC stop .SOOOOOOOOOOOO whats the deal are we to hit someplace else ?Did anyone talk to a rep about different locations we may stop instead?? Or we just going to float around ???

I heard we're going to Nassau on Monday and staying there overnight. The next two days are anticipated to be days at sea - hopefully steering around any bad weather.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter