September 12, 2004 Roll Call 9-12-2004 9-12-04 (the "GO AWAY IVAN" Cruise)

Cathy, I'm with you. I think those poor CM's at DCL must be so overwhelmed trying to keep the "Magic" for Monday's cruisers that our cruise seems far off in the distance to them. I told my husband that hopefully we'll hear something by Thursday.
We drive on Friday from NY.

Does anyone know, if it's just a matter of change in itinerary, do they still call guests?

Praying and keeping the fingers crossed ... wouldn't it be lovely if Frances just fizzled out and left those poor Floridians alone!
Hope Ivan goes away too!

Kathy

Hello everyone,
My family and I are also on the 9/12 cruise (all 14 of us)we are flying in from Toronto on Wed. and doing the land and sea pkg.
I'm bit worried with everything that is going on Frances and Ivan and I have been watching every weather channel and web site there is. My 3 year old is so excited and I have a newborn just 12 weeks old. I was hesitant to travel with her when all was well and now I'm just so worried. This will be my parents first cruise I just want them to really enjoy themselves. Oh well have to wait and see what happens. Hope everyone in Florida is does well tonight.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed about this cruise. I am really looking forward to it. I just changed my rental car reservation so that we'll have the car parked at the Radisson while we're on board. When I read that the Radisson was not planning on opening until the 10th, I started to wonder if the port might be out of rental cars when we dock (even though it is not until the 16th, it could take awhile for enough cars to be returned). Hopefully, we'll hear some updates early next week. I'm anticipating that I'll end up cancelling our Comfort Suite reservation in Nasseau -- too bad, I was really looking forward to trying out those slides.

diznylnd -- I was hoping you were on my morning flight out of LAX on the 11th. My DD is quite the social butterfly (in smaller groups of kids) and I know she would have loved having someone to play with at the airport that was also going on the cruise. I'll definitely need to figure out a way to pack her costume (especially if it ends up being 4 days at sea)!

Looks like we will be packing our 4 yo Sleeping Beauty Costume now. We also have a 12 year old Daughter. Not quite a teenager but too cool for words. Does anyone on the board have a daughter in this same perdicament?

Can't wait for an update on itenerary. This is our fist cruise. We are flying to Orlando on the 12th. We are suppsed to arrive at 9:30a.princess:

Well Fellow Cruisers, this is going to be a most interesting week! I've become a Weather Channel addict; I even fell asleep with it on last night! Not only am I watching for our cruise, but my mom lives oceanfront in St. Augustine Beach, though she's safely tucked away in Tennessee.
Frances is still in FL with 124mph winds reported at Cape Canaveral all morning and she's going nowhere fast. And now, Ivan is threatening to be in the area the 11th or 12th.....
Our family is scheduled to fly in from Philly on the morning of the 11th. We're wondering if we should try to change to the 10th. But, will we actually cruise... and from where, and to where?
:confused3
Hope my TA is having a nice relaxing holiday weekend because she's going to need the rest to get through next week!

I think I need a Mickey Bar to help ease the stress!:mickeybar

Tiggerzfan,
You are just like my husband and I, last night we fell asleep watching CNN. Now they have started reporting not only on Frances but also on Ivan. Let's cross our fingers and hope all will be clear in a week.

I have a feeling when we all board on the 12th we are going to be hitting those drink specials and hitting them hard. This is going to be one stressful week for everyone with travel plans!!!!:drinking:

Ivan doesn't seem to be slowing down - or changing paths, yet!!! What are the chances of our cruise departing as planned? Also, we need to be sure the Wonder can get "home" on time Sunday from the 3-night cruise! Oh, this is gonna be a nail biter! I better start digging out my emergency supply of chocolate. :crazy:

Hey Tiggerzfan,

Hakuna Matta ! We will together on the 12th come rain or shine with drinks in hand. The worst that can happen is we are all stuck in Florida with each other and alcohol and that's not entirely a bad thing!

:earsboy: :earsboy: :earsboy: :earsboy: :earsboy: :earsboy:

Love, Meghan (who was very happy to talk to "Cinderella" last night!!!!!)

Hey Higgie -

Congrats on your first post dear travel buddies!
:wave2:
I think the way this past week has been going that even Mickey and Minnie will be joining us at the bar for a few!:drinking:

I just checked accueweather.com and weatherunderground.com and both have the Ivan's 5 day track going off to the south. They also have a history of other storms that have formed in the same area and none have ever hit Florida. I know it is still too early to tell but it made me feel a bit better. Check them out.

I have changed our name to the "GO AWAY IVAN" Cruise.

As of 7:30 AM this morning. Looks like good news for us.

Does anyone know if we are going to be able to make Castaway Cay?

Steve

:confused: :crazy2: :boat: :worried: :drinking1

Does anyone have any updates on what ports we are going to? I assume Nassua is still a go & CC is a no-go. Would still like to go to one other port. I can't work up the nerve to call Disney, because I know they are dealing with the earlier cruises.

I am with you cm. I can't wait ti find out where we are going but I am sure DCL has alot more to deal with than my question right now.
Drink specials and an ocean breeze.... is it Sunday yet!!!!!
:cool2:

Tried calling DCL. They asked for any sailing after 09-11-04 to call back tomorrow.

I guess we will have to see if any one on the Sept 11 cruise has any new news for them/us.

I have cancel one my excursions on CC, but if it looks like we are not going to CC, then I wonder if I should even bother to call.

Steve

We are also curious as to what ports we will be visiting or will it be sea days. We are on pins and needles waiting to find out. When are they supposed to open PC or are we going to have to go to the Ft Lauderdale port? Sounds like it is good news about the Ivan.

I heard PC is supposed to be opened as scheduled. Hope Ron Jon is still standing, otherwise I'm sleeping on the beach. At least Ivan took the nervous excitement out of the 4 DAY COUNTDOWN. LETS PACK!!!!!! IVAN WHO????? I'M GOING ON A DISNEY CRUISE!!!! WOO HOO!!!!!!!:Pinkbounc

Nothing but rain here Noth Carolina all day. Same for Tomorrow. I keep watching the clock.... it is ticking sooo sloooowwww.:umbrella: :rolleyes1

Let's hope Ivan stays the current course ... it'll be just our luck that this storm takes a northeast turn!
I've been assuming that we won't be going to Nassau or Castaway .... was sort of hoping they'd take us to Cozumel like this week's 4-night (supposed to be 7-night) cruise. But, Ivan could make that impossible, too. Does anyone know if Thursday's 3-night is going anywhere?
This waiting and uncertainty is killing my Type-A, Capricorn self!! :crazy:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter