**September 2019**

Yeah, I hear you... I'm now on my 9th version... :rotfl2:Did I say I was a BIT OCD?

Another question - how accurate are the TP wait times? I mean for the dates I'm putting in (Late Sept/early Oct) it's saying only 10 - 15 min waits for BTMRR, Pirates and Splash Mountian without a FP? Can that be possible?

Well, nobody has a crystal ball, but they do a lot of research and tracking of wait times. I think the fact the Star wars is opening, that will throw a wrench into everything. It's unknown territory. So take it with a grain of salt. They may revise all of their times after a couple of weeks of Star wars being open. And park hours may also change, so we need to keep flexibility in our plans.

If the crowds are all gathered into Hollywood Studios waiting to get on the single ride, maybe other things will be more open.

That happened to us when Fantasyland first opened. We were there the week afterward, and almost every ride in Magic Kingdom was a walk-on. Of course seven dwarfs wasn't open yet, but the crowds all descended on to Fantasyland, and for the first several hours everyday we were there, everything else was easy to ride.

ADRs are scheduled, Reservation finder set for the ones I couldn't get, waiting to make FPs in July.

But now what? What other things do you do in this in-between period to plan? I haven't been to DW in 15 years so I feel like I've already done so much more planning than I ever did in the past, but now I feel like I must be missing something lol.
For 15 years ago last visit you seem right on top of the current planning. Good for you!

I love the planning almost as much as the trip so I try to plan the days to get the outline of our plans. I agree on trying to get reservations that we weren't able to get and those usually fall into place as things get closer.

I also pay attention to Disboards info, Disney Parks Blog info and Disney Food Blofg info for updates, especially for Food & Wine events in September.

OKAY! FINALLY~ It is really official and paid off now, plane tickets bought... and even a splurge for annual passes. We kept flip flopping back and forth on where we were gonna stay, Ft. Wilderness to Wilderness Lodge(one day bb, one day) and now finally Pop Century/All-Star Sports. I'm super okay with this cause it's gonna be 11 days of Disney. I'm pretty damn stoked actually. At least I know September 20th, I'll be on a flight down to Orlando FOR SURE.

ADRs are scheduled, Reservation finder set for the ones I couldn't get, waiting to make FPs in July.

But now what? What other things do you do in this in-between period to plan? I haven't been to DW in 15 years so I feel like I've already done so much more planning than I ever did in the past, but now I feel like I must be missing something lol.
Yeah now I plan days, replan days, rebook ADRs after changing days around ((just finished that step)) plan outfits, pin car trip ideas (we have done the drive 9 times now but I always like to check for new tips), look up packing tips, obsessively wait for F&W info.... The hardest part for me is like 10 days out. By then I am usually packed and ready to go and just wish I could put a bubble around us all to keep from getting sick. This year that will be the week before school/first week of school so hopefully it will keep me distracted lol

Yeah, I hear you... I'm now on my 9th version... :rotfl2:Did I say I was a BIT OCD?
I 100% understand you. Sometimes I don't know why I even ask my family their opinions because I am just going to change plans over and over anyway. I have hit the point where they feel right though so I am now moving on from planning my days.

Another question - how accurate are the TP wait times? I mean for the dates I'm putting in (Late Sept/early Oct) it's saying only 10 - 15 min waits for BTMRR, Pirates and Splash Mountian without a FP? Can that be possible?
What time of day? I have been there Sept/Oct and those wait times definitely seem off to me.

My sister and I will be going on our first vacation together this September 8th-14th at Pop Century! Can’t wait!
I extended my solo trip by two days, yay! September 4th-9th :) Can't wait to see the refurbished rooms at All Star Movies!Trying lots of new food this trip, like Cali Grill, Skipper Canteen, and Spice Road Table!
Quick trip - 9/13 thru 9/17 - Port Orleans Riverside - Great niece 9th birthday and Halloween Party. Chaperones include her mom and aunt, someone has to keep in line!
Added to roll call :welcome:

What time of day? I have been there Sept/Oct and those wait times definitely seem off to me.

The middle of the afternoon, like 1, 2pm! I mean while that would be awesome I didn’t think it was very realistic and now it’s making me question all of my plans. It is a party day so I thought it would be less crowded but....??

Attachments

• dis.jpg
    dis.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 6

For 15 years ago last visit you seem right on top of the current planning. Good for you!

I love the planning almost as much as the trip so I try to plan the days to get the outline of our plans. I agree on trying to get reservations that we weren't able to get and those usually fall into place as things get closer.

I also pay attention to Disboards info, Disney Parks Blog info and Disney Food Blofg info for updates, especially for Food & Wine events in September.

I think it's because I haven't been there in 15 years that I've done so much planning. This is not the Disney I know! lol

It will also be my husband (and kids') first trip, so I keep planning in the hopes that everything will be great and I can start working on our NEXT trip haha.

The middle of the afternoon, like 1, 2pm! I mean while that would be awesome I didn’t think it was very realistic and now it’s making me question all of my plans. It is a party day so I thought it would be less crowded but....??
You and I are going the exact same days, if memory serves. I just checked TP for that week in 2018 and I'm not sure where to find hour specific times but I found the daily averages and you're right. I'll take a 19 min average wait for BTMRR and 16 minutes for Tinkerbell! I think even with SW:GE thrown in, it will not be as horrible as everyone predicted after the announced the opening. It's still the first month of school, still hurricane season, Rise of the Resistance not being open yet, not to mention it costs thousands of dollars to go. This isn't a last-minute trip for most guests (mostly due to cost), so I'm still hopefully optimistic about the crowds. I think if someone is going strictly for SW:GE they're waiting till both rides are open.

The hardest part for me is like 10 days out. By then I am usually packed and ready to go and just wish I could put a bubble around us all to keep from getting sick. This year that will be the week before school/first week of school so hopefully it will keep me distracted lol

SAME. I'm not a worrier, but I always have anxiety when it gets that close because I'm so afraid someone is going to get sick or the bottom is going to fall out of something. In April, it actually happened. Less than a month before our trip, my brother passed away unexpectedly. We were at home for his memorial service the weekend prior to our mother/daughter trip, and my daughter came down with a nasty stomach bug. Then, the Tuesday before our Thursday trip, I came down with the stomach bug my daughter so kindly shared with me. Of course, she had it before I did, and was bouncing around by the time I was at my worst. Thankfully, it was quick and I was back to about 90% by the time we left on Thursday. That's the closest we've ever come, but I typically do start boosting everyone's vitamins about a month before we go! This time, I didn't have the opportunity to do that just because of what was going on in our life at the time. I had even just denied my son a visit to the trampoline park right before we had to travel for the funeral because I couldn't stand the thought of one more thing. (We know at least 3 people who have broken bones/had significant injuries at those places.) Terrible, I know - at least, he thought it was. But I SO get it.

I think it's because I haven't been there in 15 years that I've done so much planning. This is not the Disney I know! lol

It will also be my husband (and kids') first trip, so I keep planning in the hopes that everything will be great and I can start working on our NEXT trip haha.
Planning definitely helps the trip but I have been told so does flexibility. Our last trip we were on the boarding call at the airport when I realized my Disney folder with all my plans was in the car. After I was talked off the ledge I realized it would be ok and it actually was. I knew most of the plan and remained flexible for the rest.

Your family will enjoy the trip they get, even if it is not the exact trip you have planned or in your mind. Now, I am going to plant the same thoughts in my own mind since it is our niece's first trip in September too!

Hmm, well I think those are optimistic numbers but I usually overestimate waits when I am making plans a bit.

SAME. I'm not a worrier, but I always have anxiety when it gets that close because I'm so afraid someone is going to get sick or the bottom is going to fall out of something. In April, it actually happened. Less than a month before our trip, my brother passed away unexpectedly. We were at home for his memorial service the weekend prior to our mother/daughter trip, and my daughter came down with a nasty stomach bug. Then, the Tuesday before our Thursday trip, I came down with the stomach bug my daughter so kindly shared with me. Of course, she had it before I did, and was bouncing around by the time I was at my worst. Thankfully, it was quick and I was back to about 90% by the time we left on Thursday. That's the closest we've ever come, but I typically do start boosting everyone's vitamins about a month before we go! This time, I didn't have the opportunity to do that just because of what was going on in our life at the time. I had even just denied my son a visit to the trampoline park right before we had to travel for the funeral because I couldn't stand the thought of one more thing. (We know at least 3 people who have broken bones/had significant injuries at those places.) Terrible, I know - at least, he thought it was. But I SO get it.
Yeah we had a trip where our transmission went right before our trip (and we were driving), and the big one was when the morning we were getting ready to leave and my son broke his arm (he was literally climbing the walls :O ) so maybe those helped shape my anxieties lol

Planning definitely helps the trip but I have been told so does flexibility.
Your family will enjoy the trip they get, even if it is not the exact trip you have planned or in your mind. Now, I am going to plant the same thoughts in my own mind since it is our niece's first trip in September too!
I love to plan, it is part of the fun for me! But YES I have to stay flexible and leave some downtime in there too.

Last edited:
Hi y'all! I'll be back in the world September 22-28 at ASMo. We have two nights at cabana bay before heading there. I'm heading down with my best friend and it's her first time. We did DL in March and it was her first time there since she was very young. We have all our adr's just waiting to do fastpasses. TSL and Pandora are new since my last trip, and this is a very short trip for me, usually I do at least 10-14 nights.

I see I'm not the only one feeling a bit stir-crazy about my WDW trip planning! I've got all my reservations and trip plans for each day, but now all I can really do is wait for my 60-day window for FPs and F&W menus. I really enjoy the planning process, so I find myself looking forward to each of those deadlines leading up to the main event: vacation! My friend and I have a list of Disney movies most featured in the parks, and we're watching one a week as a sort of "countdown" to the trip, but that's all I've got going on at this point.

I see I'm not the only one feeling a bit stir-crazy about my WDW trip planning! I've got all my reservations and trip plans for each day, but now all I can really do is wait for my 60-day window for FPs and F&W menus. I really enjoy the planning process, so I find myself looking forward to each of those deadlines leading up to the main event: vacation! My friend and I have a list of Disney movies most featured in the parks, and we're watching one a week as a sort of "countdown" to the trip, but that's all I've got going on at this point.

Ooh that's a good idea! I've actually never seen Avatar or any of the Star Wars movies and my kids haven't seen some of the classics like Cinderella and Sleeping Beauty. Yay! Another list to make! lol

Ooh that's a good idea! I've actually never seen Avatar or any of the Star Wars movies and my kids haven't seen some of the classics like Cinderella and Sleeping Beauty. Yay! Another list to make! lol
:eek:

We love doing movie count down nights, I think a couple Star Wars movies would be a good place to start popcorn::

Oh and as for classics to watch before the trip for the kids - I think most people would not think of Aristocats since there is not a ride or anything, but our first trip my daughter was in love with all the Marie merch but had no idea who she was :rotfl: So when we came home she watched it (and still loves it, 15 years or so later ;) )

Hi y'all! I'll be back in the world September 22-28 at ASMo. We have two nights at cabana bay before heading there. I'm heading down with my best friend and it's her first time. We did DL in March and it was her first time there since she was very young. We have all our adr's just waiting to do fastpasses. TSL and Pandora are new since my last trip, and this is a very short trip for me, usually I do at least 10-14 nights.
Added pixiedust:

:eek:

We love doing movie count down nights, I think a couple Star Wars movies would be a good place to start popcorn::

Oh and as for classics to watch before the trip for the kids - I think most people would not think of Aristocats since there is not a ride or anything, but our first trip my daughter was in love with all the Marie merch but had no idea who she was :rotfl: So when we came home she watched it (and still loves it, 15 years or so later ;) )
I love the Aristocrats and want to watch it again before I go. I haven't seen it since I was a kid.
We gave our niece a list of movies she should watch before we take her on her first trip. We included Pirates of the Caribbean, Peter Pan, Pandora, and Swiss Family Robinson. Oh, and of course Star Wars!

We’ve never seen any of the Star Wars movies either and never had any interest, but we’re thinking maybe we should before our Sept trip so we can better appreciate the theming of the land? We are just not sci fi people at all and it feels like so much of Disney’s current focus is on sci fi and action lands/attractions like they’re trying to be Universal and pull in that crowd and in the meantime it feels a little like they’re losing the essence of the quaintness of Disney.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter