**September 2019**

We have BOG breakfast booked for the 27 and 29 so I’ll do my best to remember to let you know if we end up canceling!! On the 29 it’s early, on the 27 it’s a little later because that’s a morning EMH day so we thought we’d try to ride a few things and then eat.
Thanks so much for responding. I finally did get the Be Our Guest breakfast that I was looking for!

I will have a lunch that I will be canceling either on the 24th or the 26th for Be Our Guest. So once our plans are more finalized, I will come here and let everyone know one would be available, as well as some others that I am holding for right now until we have more information.

You all know how Disney is with changing things up at the last second! I've been caught in that trap too many times and trying to stay flexible.

Thanks so much for responding. I finally did get the Be Our Guest breakfast that I was looking for!

You all know how Disney is with changing things up at the last second! I've been caught in that trap too many times and trying to stay flexible.

Yay!!!!

And

Yes!!! We went in January and I had a couple 8:00 breakfast ADRs made for parks that opened at 9:00. Slow time of year, never imagined that would change. Then, all of a sudden, they changed them to 8:00 park openings and I was like ughhhhh! Haha!

We are taking our first family trip to WDW 9/13-21 and staying at All Star Sports.

I've been 3 times but never stayed on property. My last trip was almost 9 years ago, so a million things have changed! We will be celebrating DD's 11th birthday while we are there. DH has also never been to WDW. We are DLR vets who are ready to take the WDW plunge!

We are taking our first family trip to WDW 9/13-21 and staying at All Star Sports.

I've been 3 times but never stayed on property. My last trip was almost 9 years ago, so a million things have changed! We will be celebrating DD's 11th birthday while we are there. DH has also never been to WDW. We are DLR vets who are ready to take the WDW plunge!

So excited for you. We went for our first trip last September and we are going back this September. We had the best time.

Added to roll call :)

We told our kids today that we are going in September as one last Easter present. My oldest son (he's 5) said, "This is my dream come true!"

I probably should have waited longer to tell them but I was afraid someone would ruin the surprise - most likely me since I have Disney brain 24/7 now lol

We told our kids today that we are going in September as one last Easter present. My oldest son (he's 5) said, "This is my dream come true!"

I probably should have waited longer to tell them but I was afraid someone would ruin the surprise - most likely me since I have Disney brain 24/7 now lol

I love the anticipation! We told our kids in January about our September trip. It was just so hard to keep it quiet! I took my daughter on a surprise trip for her birthday just a couple of weeks ago. I only booked it 37 days ahead of time, and it nearly KILLED me to keep it a secret that long! The payoff was worth it, but I don't think I could do it for a big family trip. We're 140 days from our family trip, and I have Disney on the brain all the time!

That is adorable.

I love the anticipation!
Same here! We had one surprise trip and I learned two things - some of my kids hate surprises and counting down together is way more fun than trying to hide a surprise.

Congrats on booking the trip! I think you will love it! DH and I went last September with our boys when they were 12 and 15 and also stayed at All Star Sports. We all really loved the resort. We ended up using the pool every day and it was very nice. Never crowded. Also, the bus service was excellent. Enjoy your trip!

That is adorable.

Same here! We had one surprise trip and I learned two things - some of my kids hate surprises and counting down together is way more fun than trying to hide a surprise.

One of my kids hates surprises. The other loves them. So with the "advance surprise", we get the best of both worlds. My son can have time to process and think about the trip, and my daughter gets the surprise she loves so much.

I was able to take her on a quick trip to do DAH a few weeks ago. It coincided with her birthday, so we kept it a complete surprise and told her the morning of her birthday. I rolled in her new suitcase (that she'd been begging for) as her birthday gift... already packed and ready to go. It took her a few minutes to process. She's 8, so she was thinking that I'd already packed it for our September trip. Ha! She quickly recovered and we had a great time at DAH and 2 nights at CSR. First time we have been able to do a mother/daughter trip anywhere. It was great, and we'll definitely do more in the future.

I've told my son he needs to pick a place for a mom/son trip (could never surprise him like that!), and I'm not-so-secretly hoping he picks Disney. ;) I'm dropping subtle hints about the 4-park challenge because I think that's something he will be totally up for. But knowing him, he will pick something like Colonial Williamsburg or a battleship somewhere. I'll be fine with that too... there are other places, right? He and DH have taken several trips together... camping, DH's work trips, and a trip for DS's 10th birthday to the Grand Canyon. It's time for Mom to get in on a little of that fun!

Our trip is still a complete surprise. If DH had his way we'd tell them on the way to the airport. . but our 12 year old DD has a bit of anxiety and school is VERY important to her (she'll be in 7th grade in the fall) so I want to make sure to tell her since we start school on 09/04 and we leave on 09/11 lol. . . I think we'll let them open the magic bands :)

I originally thought it would be so hard to have this secret but it's been SO fun. Whenever my dd sees a WDW commercial she gets so mad (in a fun way) and is like "i want to go next year" (which is when we were supposed to go). . it's been SO fun to say "we're not going next year . . ." because we're NOT lol :)

We always keep ours a surprise, kids are currently 7 and 4 so it’s easier to keep secret. We talk in code a lot. Last year we did a scavenger hunt where each clue had a different Disney item at it (puzzle, coloring pack, Mickey Goldfish, stuffed animal, Mickey Bandaids) then last it led to an exploding box filled with Disney balloons, the packed suit cases (Lightning McQueen and Avengers) magic bands and the Epcot passports I made them. We left for the airport at 3am that night. It was so fun. I haven’t figured out this years surprise yet.

Quick trip - 9/13 thru 9/17 - Port Orleans Riverside - Great niece 9th birthday and Halloween Party. Chaperones include her mom and aunt, someone has to keep in line!

ADRs are scheduled, Reservation finder set for the ones I couldn't get, waiting to make FPs in July.

But now what? What other things do you do in this in-between period to plan? I haven't been to DW in 15 years so I feel like I've already done so much more planning than I ever did in the past, but now I feel like I must be missing something lol.

ADRs are scheduled, Reservation finder set for the ones I couldn't get, waiting to make FPs in July.

But now what? What other things do you do in this in-between period to plan? I haven't been to DW in 15 years so I feel like I've already done so much more planning than I ever did in the past, but now I feel like I must be missing something lol.
If you really want to get crazy-into it, subscribe to touringplans.com where you can make your own touring plans for each day. You can input the attractions you want to do, dining plans, shows, FPs, as well as breaks, etc. and then it will optimize your plans and tell you the order to do them in. This is especially helpful BEFORE doing your FPs since it can also tell you the time of expected waits for standby, vs. FP, and how long each attraction is.

I get really OCD about these plans, and often redo them over and over until I can get everything I want to do in the order that makes the most sense.

EDITED: You can even select your resort (if you are staying onsite) and see what the view is and create a fax requesting your room requests.... sometimes works great, sometimes - like at really busy times - they try to get you close to what you want, but can't guarantee anything).

If you really want to get crazy-into it, subscribe to touringplans.com where you can make your own touring plans for each day. You can input the attractions you want to do, dining plans, shows, FPs, as well as breaks, etc. and then it will optimize your plans and tell you the order to do them in. This is especially helpful BEFORE doing your FPs since it can also tell you the time of expected waits for standby, vs. FP, and how long each attraction is.

I get really OCD about these plans, and often redo them over and over until I can get everything I want to do in the order that makes the most sense.

I may or may not have already started doing this. :rotfl:

My only thing with those is that I start over-thinking things – like I had all these ADR plans set and I didn’t get a few things I really wanted so I had to go with plans B and C. If I start doing that with TPs and I don’t get the FPs I want or at times I want I’ll end up with plans B, C, D, E………Z lol

I may or may not have already started doing this. :rotfl:

My only thing with those is that I start over-thinking things – like I had all these ADR plans set and I didn’t get a few things I really wanted so I had to go with plans B and C. If I start doing that with TPs and I don’t get the FPs I want or at times I want I’ll end up with plans B, C, D, E………Z lol
Yeah, I hear you... I'm now on my 9th version... :rotfl2:Did I say I was a BIT OCD?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter