September Trip Roll Call & trip report thread

Definetly in Sept 27-Oct 6. Requested 1600 loop. Just updated our adult chairs and fans. Decided to borrow a second tent so we could have a parent tent and a kid tent.

Now we just have to move from Virginia to Tennessee, unpack, pack for the Fort and we will be relaxing!

Now we just have to move from Virginia to Tennessee, unpack, pack for the Fort and we will be relaxing!
So just a few things before you go? :) Sounds like the Fort will be just the ticket.

We have 4 small kids with us all 4 and under. Want wait for the CAMP FIRE SHOW!!!:rockband:
4 under 4. Wow. :worship: Lots of respect here.

Here's hoping for good weather and a great trip.

j

Have to agree there....

I am the youngest of 4 in my family. We were all 1 and a half years apart. Oldest born On June 1964, youngest (me) born December 1968... I don't know how my parents did it and I respect anyone that can.

I am not going in September but will be there in spirit and anxiously awaiting the TRs.

So just a few things before you go? :) Sounds like the Fort will be just the ticket.

Here's hoping for good weather and a great trip.

j

Have to agree there....

I am the youngest of 4 in my family. We were all 1 and a half years apart. Oldest born On June 1964, youngest (me) born December 1968... I don't know how my parents did it and I respect anyone that can.

I am not going in September but will be there in spirit and anxiously awaiting the TRs.

NO NO. Only 2 of the kids are mine. LOL . My boys are 4 and 2 they been camping before. The other two are my buddies. My family go to DW often. But we all are excited. Hope it doesn't rain too much just picked up a screen tent too. I have all my camping gear in my car last night wasn't sure if it will fit all in my Honda Accord. Tent, Chairs Grill and all in my Trunk. My wife think I'm crazy LOL. I'm Ready for sure just need the kids and the clothes.

SamRoc, I think it is great that you are going twice to the best place on earth "THE FORT" Truly wish we lived closer(Central Texas) & retired. I would be their all the time. Have a great fun time & safe travels!! Be sure, if you have time, to let us know about all the fun & we all love pictures.

Thank you so much! Just 9 days left! I would be there too all the time if dh and I were retired. I could definitely see being a snowbird at the Fort!

We're here!! Not the most auspicious start... Came down during the storm and stayed in SC where trees were falling left and right (hit the sites next to ours but thankfully we were ok) which made for a super scary night, then we got here yesterday and this morning the water pipe broke clean off and water is flooding the site (not to mention we have no water). It's been going for 2 hours now and no one has come to even look at it despite a few people promising they'd be here soon. Oh well, guess it's a good thing we didn't have a park day planned. Getting 7 kids out the door would have been tough with no water. As it is it's an inconvenience but we can use the comfort station for their bathroom. Fingers crossed they get here soon. But anyway, we're HERE! :)

Edit: It's fixed! Phew! Had a great brunch at trails end (our kids are bottomless pits yet walked out of there full!) Now off to the Poly for dole whips and monorail rides!

Last edited:
We're here!! Not the most auspicious start... Came down during the storm and stayed in SC where trees were falling left and right (hit the sites next to ours but thankfully we were ok) which made for a super scary night, then we got here yesterday and this morning the water pipe broke clean off and water is flooding the site (not to mention we have no water). It's been going for 2 hours now and no one has come to even look at it despite a few people promising they'd be here soon. Oh well, guess it's a good thing we didn't have a park day planned. Getting 7 kids out the door would have been tough with no water. As it is it's an inconvenience but we can use the comfort station for their bathroom. Fingers crossed they get here soon. But anyway, we're HERE! :)

Oh my, glad you made it safely, I hope things get better and you are able to enjoy the rest of your stay.

Glad you're in safe. Hopefully the missteps are behind you now and the rest of the trip will be smooth sailing.

Oh my, glad you made it safely, I hope things get better and you are able to enjoy the rest of your stay.

Glad you're in safe. Hopefully the missteps are behind you now and the rest of the trip will be smooth sailing.

Thanks! I'm sure it will be a great trip from here on out! And boy will we have some stories from the first part of this trip!

We'rehere!! Notthemost auspiciousstart... Camedownduringthestorm andstayed in SC where treeswere falling left and right (hit the sites next to oursbutthankfullywe were ok) which made for asuper scarynight.
KCP1377, glad to hear that you made it to the Fort and I hope that kind of excitement is over for you and your family. We are also from NY( just a half hour south of Albany) and can somewhat relate to the trip you completed. I am guessing that you took 81,77,26,95 and so on. That is how we travel and like that route. Looking forward to your posts and maybe a picture or 10. :thumbsup2

We'rehere!! Notthemost auspiciousstart... Camedownduringthestorm andstayed in SC where treeswere falling left and right (hit the sites next to oursbutthankfullywe were ok) which made for asuper scarynight.

Aight folks, take note:. Too much caffeine intake on the way to the Fort can lead to extreme excitement and ultimately the inability to hit the space bar.

Sisters reunion update: My sister has her maps all ready and route planned out for northeast Texas to Florida. (She is not teck savy and still does it the old fashion way.) We will be leaving Pa and heading south on th 16th. We will be spending a couple nights at our daughter's farm in Winchester, VA. They put in an electrical hookup for us near the barn. The cows will wake us up!

Sisters reunion update: My sister has her maps all ready and route planned out for northeast Texas to Florida. (She is not teck savy and still does it the old fashion way.) We will be leaving Pa and heading south on th 16th. We will be spending a couple nights at our daughter's farm in Winchester, VA. They put in an electrical hookup for us near the barn. The cows will wake us up!

Yeah, as fellow Dairy Farmers, we know you will enjoy their "dairy-aire"! Have a wonderful trip, enjoy the amazement of the farm, safe travels, and enjoy all Fort Wilderness has to offer. We love Fort Wilderness, especially as our sons involved in our operation take over management, etc.

We just came back from our camping trip on Monday. It was great. Our location was 1511 Sweet Site. Not too far from anything Restroom or pool. Got there late on Friday Nite had to work, (trying to save vacation days lol) Was able to get my site up and going in about a hour 3 tents. 1 screen tent and 2 Ozarks 6 person and 10 person tent. 2 problems, really not problems but learning lesson. Leave your bread in the car lol, These squirrels are devil lol they can smell it from mile away. 2 we had a red ant issue, forgot to tell the people about it it was bad. The Everything was OK the Campfire show was ok the kids loved it. We ate a Trials Ends on Sunday before going to the park YES YES. That Smoked Bacon lol and the French Toast bread pudding The best. We will be back.

Last edited:
We just came back from our camping trip on Monday. It was great. Our location was 1511 Sweet Site. Not too far from anything Restroom or pool. Got there late on Friday Nite had to work, (trying to save vacation days lol) Was able to get my site up and going in about a hour 3 tents. 1 screen tent and 2 Ozarks 6 person and 10 person tent. 2 problems, really not problems but learning lesson. Leave your bread in the car lol, These squirrels are devil lol they can smell it from mile away. 2 we had a red ant issue, forgot to tell the people about it it was bad. The Everything was OK the Campfire show was ok the kids loved it. We ate a Trials Ends on Sunday before going to the park YES YES. That Smoked Bacon lol and the French Toast bread pudding The best. We will be back.

Glad the trip went well other than the critter problems. I have had site 1511 before, it is one of the best sites in the 1500 loop, IMO anyway.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter