September Trip Roll Call & trip report thread

Here is a quick summary of our trip with a few pics:

Saturday 9/24 - arrived around 11:30 am, checked in and were assigned site 117. It was ready, so off we went! We got backed in and started to set up, we very quickly realized that our site had absolutely no shade and the sun beamed into our awning area from around 12:00-6:30 pm. We took a break for lunch at Trail's End, I was wearing my birthday pin so the server brought me the "Strawberry Shortcake Spectacular".

The sun was heating up our patio mat and our shoes, so we ended up running out to Walmart to get something to add to our awning to block out the sun. Here are the pics of the site with our halloween decorations:

Sunday 9/25 - This was a calm relaxing day. Me, DH and DS24 decided to take some time and check out the monorail resorts. We had lunch at the Contempo Cafe at the Contemporary, creme brulee at Kona at the Polynesian and then looked through the shops at the Grand Floridian. We also decided to look for the Walk Around the World stones we had purchased in 1996. There was 1 for my dad who had passed away in 1994 and another for our family, it just doesn't include our youngest son who was born in 1997.

We picked DS28 up from the airport at 8:30, went back to camp and called it a night.

Monday 9/26 - We spent the day at Disney Springs, both of my sons did a lot of shopping, they really liked the new store Uniqlo. We had lunch at D-Luxe burger and while we were there, it rained and rained.

Tuesday 9/27 - Hollywood Studios in the morning, rode ToT, RnR, TSM, checked out the Launch Bay. Then we hopped over to Animal Kingdom, rode Kali, EE twice, walked the Jungle Trek, saw the gorillas and rode KS. When we got back to FW, we were walking through the Settlement area and I noticed a horse and carriage. I called out "howdy" to the driver, we exchanged a few pleasantries and then she offered us a free carriage ride to our camp site! That was really cool, she drove us right up to our site. I think that was the highlight of the day and I was so excited I completely forgot about taking pictures.

Wednesday 9/28 - Epcot and F/W Festival...rode Soarin' and Frozen, otherwise the day was just walking around while DH and the sons ate and drank their way through the world showcase.

Thursday 9/29 - Magic Kingdom day! Rode Buzz, 7DMT, Little Mermaid, Splash, Monsters Laugh Floor, Stitch, Barnstormer, Pirates.

We went to the HDDR late show and had a great time. Genaro was our server and he was fantastic, really interacted with the guests.

I don't remember when I snapped this pic of the sun setting behind TE but I'll put it here

Friday 9/30 - Universal day...we got to UO at opening, rode The Mummy and then wanted to find some breakfast but it turns out the power had gone out in the whole park. We couldn't buy anything, no food or drinks, they weren't letting people into any of the buildings. The power was out for a little over an hour, I don't know if they offered any compensation, I didn't ask. We explored the Diagon Alley area and rode Gringotts, I enjoyed that. We then rode the Hogwart's Express to IoA and were going to ride the other Harry Potter ride but it was down. The stores all had lines just to get inside so we decided to head out of the Harry Potter area and check out Jurassic Park. The line was long and the line had broken down but we stuck it out and got to ride, it was fun, I got soaked. We also rode the new King Kong ride, it was cool.

Saturday 10/1 - Last day - Some friends came over to visit and DS19 came over from his school in Daytona Beach for the day. We went to the pool and visited the Meadows TP.

We went back to the site and started up the grill to cook some chicken, shortly after we put the chicken on, the rain came down. DH stood in the rain with an umbrella held over the grill so that we could cook the chicken, it was delicious! The rain came down for 5+ hours, it was miserable!

Sunday 10/2 - we sent DS28 back to the airport via ME so that we could focus on drying things off and packing up. The front desk gave us a late check out and we pulled out of the site at about 12:00.

Overall, I really liked being so close to the Settlement but I didn't like the actual site, there was NO shade and a lot of sand (other than the coquina area). I think going forward I will stick with the premium sites.

Thanks for reading, stay safe everyone!

Last edited:
@proudmomof4 thanks for the trip report and pics. :thumbsup2:thumbsup2 We arrive on October 28th and your report and pics really add to the anticipation. This trip will be just the DW and I. Our kids are 26 and 23 and don't like it when we travel to Disney without them. Thanks again for the TR.

I am a burger fan. How was the D-Luxe Burger?

@proudmomof4 thanks for the trip report and pics. :thumbsup2:thumbsup2 We arrive on October 28th and your report and pics really add to the anticipation. This trip will be just the DW and I. Our kids are 26 and 23 and don't like it when we travel to Disney without them. Thanks again for the TR.

I am a burger fan. How was the D-Luxe Burger?

Hi JETS70,

I hope you and the wife have a great trip, it can be fun going with or without the kids (even though they are grown, they will always be our kids). D-Luxe Burger was pretty good, the burgers are a little on the greasy side, but they are tasty and BIG, so big they are a little difficult to bite into. The fries aren't bad, not the best I've had but not the worst either.

I look forward to reading about your trip, have fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter