September Trip Roll Call & trip report thread

And we off! Miraculously got everything in and on top of the car. However, apparently the stroller didn't survive the move from VA. :charac2: Gotta get one in FL I guess.

We just drove from TN to GA, back into TN, and back into GA. Hilarious. My kids loved it. :moped:

Wait, I'm confused. Are you trying to get in or out of TN? Or is it GA?

We left our house north of Nashville headed to FL. Interstate 24 goes into GA, curves back up into TN, then back down into GA again. So weird.
And near that same spot on the TN/GA line, you are less than 4 miles from Mississippi. Sounds like you are taking the same path we do from STL. Have a good rest of your trip and let us know when you get to the Fort.

j

And near that same spot on the TN/GA line, you are less than 4 miles from Mississippi. Sounds like you are taking the same path we do from STL. Have a good rest of your trip and let us know when you get to the Fort.

j

You mean Alabama? ;)

Made it to Florida!

HbUWYP.jpg

Last edited:
Wait, hang on a second... isn't Alabama in there somewhere?

You mean Alabama? ;)
OK. Alabama then. You know, one of those "drive through" states on the way to the Fort. :-)

Actually, I was talking to my DS about the drag strip here. We were at the NHRA races yesterday. The track is actually in Illinois not far from downtown St Louis. TV was showing the arch and the river and I got caught up in spelling the river name. I was so proud I knew how to spell the river that I decided to move the state over a spot.

If you just made it to the FL line, not much further to go! :yay:

j

OK. Alabama then. You know, one of those "drive through" states on the way to the Fort. :-)

j

Love this! That is what we call Alabama too. We have to drive down 65 on our way to Destin and after Kentucky and Tennessee, Alabama just seems soooooo looooooonggg.

We are havung such an amazing time and decided we will honestly never stay anywhere else again!!! We love it. Got here about 1 on Saturday and checked in the cabin. Got our golf cart from Kenny and went over to Hollywood studios. I will say this trip is way different than planned. Having our son who is autistic is definitely a challenge at times. I cant tell you how many stares I have gotten because he has a breakdown. We were at animal kingdom today and went into Nemo. Asked to sit by an exit and the very nice gentlemen allowed us. Then when they started asking everyone to move in so the stand by line could have room. An older gentleman pointed to us and said why the hell don't they have to that was great.

We did get rained out yesterday and actually ordered takeout which was great! Watched the electric water parade and saw fireworks. I am super glad we decided on a golf cart!

Post pictures soon!!!

Rland8228,

I am so glad to hear you FINALLY made it to the Fort. I know you've had a lot of ups and downs on prior plans that didn't work out. I'm a little jealous to hear you're living the good life in a cabin with a golf cart but I'll get over it.

Have a good time and I am PROUD of you for finally making it.:wave:

Bama Ed

2goofycampers said: "Eagerly awaiting some TR posts and pictures."
My reunion with my sister after 13 years of not seeing each other turned out totally different than I expected.
We quickly found out that her mobility was very limited since back surgery almost a year ago. After attempting a boat ride to the Contemporary to take the Monorail on Resort tours, we were finished after first stop at Poly. The walks to and from boat to monorail to resort took a tool on her. We went back to The Fort (Site 1724) and reserved a Scooter from Lake Buena Vista Scooters for 5 days since we had big plans for MK, AK and DS while they were here. We were able to do MK on Fri, Sept. 23rd from 8 am to 12 pm. Sat. Sept. 24th we went to DS for a few hours...(DS blew my mind...looked totally different than it did last year). We cancelled AK as she and we were really not prepared for her limitations. We had several nights of dining out off property simply because its easier to use handicapped parking to go into restaurants. My sister never had a license and driving the scooter was a bit too much for her. In spite of it all we and Sis and DH had a good time. They head back tomorrow for Texas. We have two more days here at The Fort. I only have one picture to load from my computer...rest are on my phone. When I get a chance after they leave I will send more pictures to computer. We spent the night looking at old pictures and talking about our Mom and Dad and remenising. Here is a picture of the camp site across from us getting ready for Halloween.Pumpkins.jpg

That's a lot of inflatables...:eek:

After 13 years, I am glad that you were able to spend some time with your sister. Sorry it didn't work out better as far as enjoying Disney and what it has to offer. Sounds like you made the best of things though. I am sure just spending time together was pretty awesome. My sister lives in Colorado and I Live in Pennsylvania. Sadly the only times we (generally) see each other (in person) is the old cliche' of "Weddings and Funerals" Last time was about 7 years ago. So I'd love to spend more time with her. She is looking to try and move back this way though.

Anyway. Looking forward to more pictures.

Well my sister left for Texas today. We hugged, cried and said goodbye. We all really had a good time and my sister especially enjoyed the relaxing mornings sitting at our campsite. Here are a few pictures from our adventure.
20141027_114638-1.jpg Castle Crain.jpg Contemporary 2016.jpg Chris n John 2016.jpg Parade 2016.jpg

Made it home today, it was a really busy trip so I didn't have time to post live during the trip. I have a lot of chores to do for the next few days but I will come back in a few days and put together a summary of the trip and my thoughts on our site.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter