Seven Dwarfs Mine Train FP+ Opening

It's open!! My wife and I were the first two official guests to ride it this morning! A manager took our picture with his cell phone before we went into the queue. Just got off and now it's a 90 minute and rising wait time.

So it's open open! Have fun at the party!

Since it hasn't opened yet, how can we know for sure? The walked-rope idea makes sense based on everyone's guess on 7DMT popularity, but we'll just have to wait and see what happens next week.

My thoughts are if they are doing the rope walk to Elsa & Anna, it will def include the 7DMT since it's in same area.

I won't be there for rope drop on the 28th but do have a FP in hand, just hope they 'keep' the times vs what I experienced with excessive waits in January with BTM & Star Wars with long snaking lines. A friend posted a pic on FB as his FP return line for Star Wars, way past where we entered @ front of Indy ride.

my theory is that people who had FPs were entering the return line long before their actual time slot began figuring by the time they waited an hour in it, they would be 'good'. not sure why they don't routinely have a CM assigned @ the end of the FP return lines when they start to grow to monitor that only those with current return times can join the line.

My thoughts are if they are doing the rope walk to Elsa & Anna, it will def include the 7DMT since it's in same area.

I won't be there for rope drop on the 28th but do have a FP in hand, just hope they 'keep' the times vs what I experienced with excessive waits in January with BTM & Star Wars with long snaking lines. A friend posted a pic on FB as his FP return line for Star Wars, way past where we entered @ front of Indy ride.

my theory is that people who had FPs were entering the return line long before their actual time slot began figuring by the time they waited an hour in it, they would be 'good'. not sure why they don't routinely have a CM assigned @ the end of the FP return lines when they start to grow to monitor that only those with current return times can join the line.

If I ran MK Operations, I would seriously consider splitting the rope drop crowds for two highly-popular attractions into two groups at the Hub. One for A&E would still go through CC and on around the carousel, while one for 7DMT might proceed up the northeast spoke to Mad Tea Party and hang a left.

Again, we can't know for sure until next week if even then.

If I ran MK Operations, I would seriously consider splitting the rope drop crowds for two highly-popular attractions into two groups at the Hub. One for A&E would still go through CC and on around the carousel, while one for 7DMT might proceed up the northeast spoke to Mad Tea Party and hang a left.

Again, we can't know for sure until next week if even then.

100% that would make the most sense, but would require additional staffing which seems to be an issue with whomever is allocating resources @ WDW.

Regardless, t would be an easy fix to observe the crowds and make necessary adjustments. I used to think they were experts in crowd control, now not so sure after experiencing the FP+ return lines.

Hope to be able to come back and report they have gotten it back together after I return from my trip.pixiedust:

100% that would make the most sense, but would require additional staffing which seems to be an issue with whomever is allocating resources @ WDW.

Regardless, t would be an easy fix to observe the crowds and make necessary adjustments. I used to think they were experts in crowd control, now not so sure after experiencing the FP+ return lines.

Hope to be able to come back and report they have gotten it back together after I return from my trip.pixiedust:

Have a good trip. I'll be there myself for a couple days at the end of next week--though not at rope drop. I hear with FP+ I can sleep in! ;)

We arrived at MK around 5:30am this morning and got in at opening. We headed back to Fantasyland and were shocked to see SDMT open! We got in about 15 min, it was awesome! Faster than I expected, lots of fun.

Have a good trip. I'll be there myself for a couple days at the end of next week--though not at rope drop. I hear with FP+ I can sleep in! ;)

have fun!

We arrived at MK around 5:30am this morning and got in at opening. We headed back to Fantasyland and were shocked to see SDMT open! We got in about 15 min, it was awesome! Faster than I expected, lots of fun.

woohoo!

We had SO much fun riding it last night, actually I guess it was this morning! The line around 10:30 pm was 120 minutes, wrapped all the way around the mountain heading toward Little Mermaid.

Around midnight the line had gotten much shorter so DH and DS jumped in.

They were doing rider swap last night so I was able to take my little guy to the front of the line and get the rider swap for my turn. :goodvibes

We were able to ride it around 9:30pm last night and it was the kids first time. The ride is a lot different in the dark than the day. I think it is much more fun!

We were an odd numbered party and I was sat with another odd rider. They don't tell you that will happen so even though I thought there might be a single rider line (I was wrong, it is an even/odd party line) the lack of notice was a miss Disney's part. I know the guy next to me was uncomfortable riding with a stranger. (You can just feel that vibe coming off people sometimes)

Also a quick tip, if you have a bag, place it on the floor first then sit around it, you might not be able to put the bag down if you sit first. If you have long legs like me, there is space under the seat so try to tuck your feet back there if you have a bag taking up the floor space.

Did snyone go from rope drop to 7DMT this morning? If so, how did it work with A&E stampede?

Is there a ride photo?

Would love to keep reading opinions on this ride:thumbsup2. Especially the different perspectives of the "big drops" I keep reading about....

In line now. CM walking the line said it may open 12 noon because thats what it did yesterday. Not sure if thats true or not. Staying in line.

On and off the ride already!

I asked a CM and he said they're trying to avoid the FP+ crash they had with Anna and Elsa so there's limited testing today.

Just got off the ride. Awesome! FP+ available early as 3pm late as 11pm. I had to use the web site not the smart phone app.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter