Seven Dwarfs Mine Train FP+ Opening

Walked up to ride in early afternoon and they weren't accepting any people on at that time. She said they are doing it off and on

Got to ride today. DH just didn't fit. Smaller seat space than Goofy's :(

CR has a sign saying sdmt will be open 8:30-10am tomorrow (27th).

Rode it this evening at 11:05PM. Snagged a FP around 3:45PM today - grabbed the later one for 10:50-11:50PM as we had Boma at 7:20PM. Waited no more than 5-7 minutes in line.

I've heard the the seats on 7DMT are tight, but just how tight? Are there signs warning people? My wife and I are each 6', and in the 250 range. Are we going to have a problem? Maybe we should skip the attraction.

I've heard the the seats on 7DMT are tight, but just how tight? Are there signs warning people? My wife and I are each 6', and in the 250 range. Are we going to have a problem? Maybe we should skip the attraction.

I'm worried too my DH is 6'4" 220lbs and now I'm thinking he'll have an issue due to his height if it's that small. I'm pretty sure his knees were hanging out a bit on Goofy:(

My DH said he'd tough it out the first time but wouldn't ride again because it was so painful. The lap bar is slightly narrower than the seat and so there is just no space to put your legs :( Looks a bit like it was made for dwarfs - not pooh sizes. Try it though...every body shape is different.

Would love to keep reading opinions on this ride:thumbsup2. Especially the different perspectives of the "big drops" I keep reading about....

We were there early on the 24 hour day and got a chance to ride. Posted 60 minutes with the line extending a deal ways out of the queue but it moved quickly without any FP+ available.

I'm 6'-4" and had no problem with the fit in the seat. My initial reaction to the ride is that the speed sections are made more interesting/fun with the swinging cars but overall each section, and the entire ride, are just to short. You just start getting into it and the ride is over. On future trips I will definitely make sure to ride it at least once, but I would not wait in line more than 30 minutes for it, but that pertains to almost any ride for me.

They sound like the seats on the Seuss Trolley ride at Universal. I like those seats, you feel very secure in them and I think they are safer for little kids.

So, it seems that taller people are the ones having trouble with comfort. Is that right? Or is it taller, wider people? Seems some have trouble and not others so curious if height or weight seems to be the factor? I am a shorter, wider person and wonder if it won't matter since I'm shorter?

So, it seems that taller people are the ones having trouble with comfort. Is that right? Or is it taller, wider people? Seems some have trouble and not others so curious if height or weight seems to be the factor? I am a shorter, wider person and wonder if it won't matter since I'm shorter?

It isn't height. There is plenty of leg length space. It is width. If your tush and/or thighs are wider than the average person, you will have issues. The leg width space can't be more than 15" and comes down across your mid-thigh. I've got a FP for Thursday and I will bring a tape measure and get an accurate width.

It isn't height. There is plenty of leg length space. It is width. If your tush and/or thighs are wider than the average person, you will have issues. The leg width space can't be more than 15" and comes down across your mid-thigh. I've got a FP for Thursday and I will bring a tape measure and get an accurate width.

Thanks!

We were there Tuesday and 3 of us got a fast pass for it the day before opening. The day of opening the other 3 of us had a fast pass. Whenever i walked by the waits were 60 min, 75 min and even 110 min. Thoes were long waits. Thank goodness for fast pass

My daughter is 5'10" and skinny but has thick legs from playing soccer all her life and the leg width was tight on her. My DH and I are both on the pooh size and our butts fit fine and we has plenty of room to pull the lap bar down. It's the lap bar itself, it is so narrow. I learned my lesson the first time we rode it. I never pulled it down all the way again.

We rode it yesterday and agree width is more the issue. The ride had some problems yesterday. It was not running at park opening, and saw them evacuating the ride around 12:30 in the afternoon. It's a fun little ride but not overly thrilling.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter