~~~~ Sew, help me... A bittersweet "Epic Girls Trip"... January 2018! ~~~~ UPDATE 1/7!!~~

I'm so excited for your next trip!! What a wonderful surprise to find amazing airfare. We are going in October of next year and literally discuss our trip all the time! How fun to be able to spend that time with your brother. I'm glad the first visit went well.

Makes perfect sense...and glad it is working out so well!

Yes because we were also looking to do this trip pretty cheaply, Shades just seemed like the best idea. I think the longest we've stayed there was maybe a few nights? Honestly can't remember, but it's not like we ever spend a lot of time in the room anyway. We have NEVER been in any of the pools there for sure.

I've got my October plans in there somewhere in my PTR...along with all of my other PTRs and TRs that I've done for 2017 so far! I should index them all somewhere...but haven't done that.

Yah - I loved staying in Disney resorts while it was still financially reasonable (with some sort of code) and attainable.... but there is just no way that we can afford to stay there any longer. I am forever thankful that we have the option to stay at SoG, it's really the only reason I was able to do 3 trips last year and go back again, I just can't afford to stay at Disney unless I am able to split the cost with others... It's sad, but understandable too. :scratchin And we do spend a lot of time in our rooms... That afternoon nap helps. LOL

I will try to stop by today and see what I can catch up on. :)

I would find it hard to take a late flight unless I had plenty of things to do. Your manicure and visit with your dad sound like a good way to kill time.

My sister and our daughter have both taken flights that landed late. The biggest problem for our daughter was that they were hungry and nothing was open that late at the resort. My sister got "upgraded" to a pirate room at CBR which was not at all what they wanted. It never hurts to call the resort to make sure they know you are arriving late and check on your room assignment.

I've never done a late flight before.... It should be interesting, as I am normally in bed around 8... Hopefully I'll be able to get a nice nap in anyways? :scratchin

I think we will be OK? We can always do our grocery stop and grab something while we are there - even if it's a couple of sandwiches from the grocery store and a bag of chips (none of which I will eat... LOL)

That would be terrible!!! I am just really nervous that the SoG remodel will be underway, and we won't even have the option to stay in the area we like to stay in.... I plan to keep tabs on that once they start. ::yes::

Your doing the right thing and your showing your girls how important family is.
always a great job. Love you to bits.

Omg...

Weirdo..

I am over the moon excited for you and the girls!!! It's been way toooooo long SO SO HAPPY!!
Yes your always welcomed to tag along! we need a redo of Minn. I want to see more of it.

I love the black for Halloween-ish time and red for everything else
only my little opinion!

i would totally call early!
Unless you move over to FQ LOL

Thanks... I don't think I"d be able to live with myself otherwise. ::yes::

I have never claimed to be normal... ::yes::

Yah - we are so excited!!! I forgot how much fun we had planning together... It was so fun planning their individual trips last year - don't get me wrong - but I always felt like we had to "keep it under wraps" a little bit, to save the other girl from feeling left out... Now we are all like screaming middle-schoolers! :woohoo:

Excellent point... Definitely a point for the red. I will see what my mood is when I go that day. :scratchin

And yes - I am certain I will be calling... That way if I need to modify our room location at all, I can do it in the morning, vs. later in the day when there may not be any options left. ::yes::

I vote red dots! It won't hurt to call and check on your room assignments.

Awesome!!! Thanks for the vote!! :lovestruc

I think I will - since I have the option to do so... I am mostly nervous that the remodel will be going on and we won't even have the option to stay in the area that we like to stay in. ::yes:: I will be monitoring the remodel closely - once it starts... If it's even started before our trip. ::yes::

LoL. Guess I'm a day late, but I worked almost 11 hours yesterday so I'm using that as my excuse! I think I'm going to reserve rooms "just in case"!

Great that they could be together again!

Let the fun begin!

Hahaha! It's OK - we've gotta make $$ right? ::yes::

I know - it was a great visit for everyone!

:woohoo:

I am so excited for you and your daughter's. Planning a DW trip is the best... and I love that you are already planning your outfits. I'm arriving on 10/18 for 6 days with half my family and I may or may not have gone overboard with my character tees. We have gone on other trips as a family, but DW keeps calling me back. Happy planning and I can't wait to see your outfits.

Thanks!!! We are just so thrilled! :woohoo:

Oh yes - in full out detailed outfit planning mode already! ::yes:: I put a couple of outfits together yesterday, and well, let's just say that my Steamboat Willie bag is in dire need of cleaning... I may work on him a little bit today. He is a mostly white bag - and I was smart, I soaked him with Scotch Guard when he was new, so hopefully there's hope for him. ::yes::

I don't know what it is about WDW??? Seriously... I am going to Europe in 9 months, such an amazing trip, and I just can't get excited about it... but throw me into WDW and all the planning and I am :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :scratchin

Thanks! I am excited to share them... Though, when I was going through my previous outfit photos yesterday - I realized that I have had the SAME stuff for trip after trip... I really need to come up with something new. I do try to reuse stuff, I always feel like the more I use stuff, the more value it has... But I also want to do something exciting. :scratchin We'll see what I have time for.

Oh, and I booked rooms! :cool1: Now to see if i can even go!

Wahoo!!!!! :woohoo:

I'm so excited for your next trip!! What a wonderful surprise to find amazing airfare. We are going in October of next year and literally discuss our trip all the time! How fun to be able to spend that time with your brother. I'm glad the first visit went well.

Hi Carrie!!! It's great to see you here!!!

We were so excited to find great airfare! I couldn't believe it! ::yes::

That is so awesome! I love going in October... The weather, Halloween, all of it!!! It's honestly the best time of year to go, IMO. ::yes::

Thanks - I was so happy to be able to open our home to him and that it worked out. ::yes::

*************************************************************************************************************

Yesterday was a pretty non-exciting day for me...

I lifted weights right away and got that done...

Then I worked upstairs all day. I was able to make huge progress on everything that I am working on. :woohoo:

I even took a break to lay out (and take pictures) of some of my Disney outfits... However, I was working on the Steamboat Willie theme - and I noticed my bag is in dire need of a GOOD cleaning... So, I need to work on that before I can post pictures of outfits. Hopefully today I will be able to get started on cleaning him. ::yes::

For the last few trips, I've been wanting to make myself a new Donald bag... Every time I go to do it though, I just can't bring myself to leave my Duck Butt Bag behind - so I never actually make a new bag and I just carry the DBB. ::yes:: I've had a new Donald bag for myself cut out and ready to go for a very long time... Who knows if I'll ever actually do it though? :scratchin

I do have one new bag planned for myself though. ::yes::

I am beginning to wonder if the "freak cold spell of 2016" isn't normal for Florida and if I am going a little overkill on the warm weather wear? :scratchin I am really going to have to monitor the weather when it gets closer and plan accordingly. ::yes::

Anyways...

My plan for today...

I will work out this morning... I have a salad planned for lunch, and I plan to bring it to town to eat with Dad.

In between working out and lunch, I will work upstairs... And then I will go back to work up there when I get home from lunch. ::yes:: I still hope to put in a full day, as this is the last day I can work up there this week.

I have something fun planned tomorrow (which I will tell you about later, it's not Disney related)...

And Friday is grocery shopping day, and also I have a hair appointment for a cut and root touch up. ::yes::

So, today is IT. Must get everything done! ::yes::

I hope you all have a fantastic day!!! Sending prayers and pixie dust out to all! :grouphug:

D~

So much goes into planning a Disney vacation (ADRs, fast passes, outfit planning, etc) & that’s part of th fun. Plus things are always changing so there’s new things to keep up with.

Enjoy your lunch with your dad & the rest of your day!

I'm a little late to the party here, but your FB post reminded me to get back to your PTR!!! You must be over the moon excited about having this trip to plan with your girls!! :cutie: I know my Mom and I thought we had done our last solo Disney trip the Christmas before I got married in 2006, so when we got to go see the last of the Osborne lights in 2015, we both appreciated every moment SO much!!

I love your enthusiasm for the whole trip planning process, outfits etc.! So nice all 3 of you can be in on the fun this time around. Does your DH need to leave the room at times? :rotfl2:Yesterday was my fast pass day and I got most of what I wanted! I was nervous about the FP for FofP but I snagged one! My husband tolerates my chatter but doesn't care to hear many details. He always enjoys our trips but the planning process was more fun when my sis and I went. Oh well, I'm just glad to be going! Hope you have a productive day - will be waiting to see your park outfits!

Following along. Sooo excited that you and the girls get to go on a trip! I had not been on here in awhile and came back to your announcement! :yay: Yay!!
So glad things are going well with your dads move and getting to see your brother more. I can kind of relate to being the child that has all the parental responsibilities. It can be hard for sure.
We went to WDW this past January and the weather was beautiful. Shorts weather for sure but not too hot. I don't know if that is a normal January for Florida or not but the weather was perfect. Maybe a little cool in the evening but still shorts/hoodie temperatures. So excited for you!!:yay::)

I am beginning to wonder if the "freak cold spell of 2016" isn't normal for Florida and if I am going a little overkill on the warm weather wear? :scratchin I am really going to have to monitor the weather when it gets closer and plan accordingly. ::yes::
Usually any cold snap will be short, so you most likely will have some decent days, too. It will be cold at night, though, even if the days warm up.

I think your Donald Duck Butt bag is so fun, but it would also be fun to have a new one, so go for it. I vote for red dotted nails -- there's just something about that "classic Minnie" look that I really love. We've never had an arrival so late at WDW, but you've got a good schedule of activities planned out for the day so I think it will be fun. I hope SoG gives you your room requests!

I'm still trying to nail down the timeframe for our Disneyland trip next year...but I have the first large chunk of money set aside for it. :-) Our Disney trips are always done on a pre-paid basis, meaning I have the money set aside/saved before we leave, just like you. I'd like to go at the end of April when Brie and Andrew finish their semesters, but Mark would have to take leave to go then. He would prefer to go during the summer but that may interfere with when Alyssa and Andrew are moving for optometry school (no idea exactly when that will be) and since Brie is probably going back to Virginia to work next summer (the swimming pool management company wants to hire her back as either a supervisor or a coordinator -- both promotions/raises from her position this past summer, and she'll make more there than out here), that would mean paying airfare to fly her out west for the trip and her using up her one week of leave, which is fine...or go in August after Brie returns home and before school starts, but not sure what Alyssa and Andrew's schedule will be. I just want to get it nailed down but I can't yet.

On the house front, we are now prequalified for the loan so I'm waiting for a call back from the builder to start working details of the house plan. :-)

Hey Dorine! Just wanted to send a howdy your way as we are leaving Friday and I probably won't post again til next week. Our flight gets in late as well, around 9:30, and Tyler and Ariece get in right before midnight! I am calling our resort tomorrow just to make sure both rooms are saved. I would do the same with yours.

I had an idea that you were getting your Dad settled in first, before having your brother come visit. You are doing such a wonderful job with your family Dorine; so much love all around. So happy it is all working out. Your holidays are going to be so amazing!

I love this PTR; so much magic; I vote for the red nails by the way. Can't wait to see your outfits all put together.

I will report back next week Dorine! Wish me lots of luck this weekend with both (lots of) crowds and RAIN!!

Love ya!!!

An unexpected trip with the girls! YEAH! So exciting! Kids growing up and becoming independent is a bittersweet reward for a parent. So happy you get to share another trip with your girls before they are off on their way.

It's crazy how low Airfair is getting right now. I was just looking at Frontier Airlines and round trip tickets for 5 of us to Orlando in January (after the new year of corse) is only a grand total of $220. That's what I paid for 1 round trip ticket for our 2014 December trip. If I could afford the tickets for the parks and the hotel stay right now, I would be all over that. It's so great you are able to work it out in the budget even though it is unexpected.

So much goes into planning a Disney vacation (ADRs, fast passes, outfit planning, etc) & that’s part of th fun. Plus things are always changing so there’s new things to keep up with.

Enjoy your lunch with your dad & the rest of your day!

I know - right??? All of it is just so much fun!

Thanks! I had a great lunch with dad! :lovestruc

I'm a little late to the party here, but your FB post reminded me to get back to your PTR!!! You must be over the moon excited about having this trip to plan with your girls!! :cutie: I know my Mom and I thought we had done our last solo Disney trip the Christmas before I got married in 2006, so when we got to go see the last of the Osborne lights in 2015, we both appreciated every moment SO much!!

No worries Jackie!!! I try to keep up with you on FB. :lovestruc Though it seems you are always off on adventures. LOL

Thank you - we are just so excited to be going back... The elation is indescribable! :woohoo:

That's awesome to hear... I do hope that my girls will continue to go on trips with me, I just know, in the coming years it will get harder and harder for them to be able to make the time and afford to go. So, these trips - I just truly cherish! :lovestruc

I love your enthusiasm for the whole trip planning process, outfits etc.! So nice all 3 of you can be in on the fun this time around. Does your DH need to leave the room at times? Yesterday was my fast pass day and I got most of what I wanted! I was nervous about the FP for FofP but I snagged one! My husband tolerates my chatter but doesn't care to hear many details. He always enjoys our trips but the planning process was more fun when my sis and I went. Oh well, I'm just glad to be going! Hope you have a productive day - will be waiting to see your park outfits!

LOL - thanks... Sometimes I think I am a nut! Which I likely am. :scratchin

No - we try not to talk too much about the trip with him in ear shot, because I do think, he thinks we are a bit nuts. LOL

Yay!!! Congrats on FPs! :woohoo: Did you make them at 30 or 60 days? I am so nervous that there will be nothing left of FoP at 30 days... I only want to ride it once, so I hope the Disney Gods are shining down on us at our 30 day mark. ::yes::

Hahaha... I wish Josh enjoyed our trips - he doesn't do crowds well at all, so it's just best that we avoid them - which sadly means avoiding Disney... ::yes:: Thankfully the girls and I do OK for the most part - there are somethings we don't enjoy because of the crowds - and that mostly has to do with the night time shows... We'd much rather watch from elsewhere as we are exiting in front of everyone else. But let's face it - even just riding the monorail at night is magical. ::yes:: LOL

I am so excited to start sharing them. ::yes::

Following along. Sooo excited that you and the girls get to go on a trip! I had not been on here in awhile and came back to your announcement! Yay!!
So glad things are going well with your dads move and getting to see your brother more. I can kind of relate to being the child that has all the parental responsibilities. It can be hard for sure.
We went to WDW this past January and the weather was beautiful. Shorts weather for sure but not too hot. I don't know if that is a normal January for Florida or not but the weather was perfect. Maybe a little cool in the evening but still shorts/hoodie temperatures. So excited for you!!)

Yay!!! Welcome! :woohoo: Thank you - we are just so excited to be able to do this... I think we are getting more and more excited as the days go by. LOL The shock is wearing off. ::yes::

Yes - it's going better... Still a few things he isn't real happy with, but for the most part, I truly feel that his quality of life - in every single aspect - is better here. :lovestruc It's hard, but like I said - I think it would be much harder if I did the wrong thing, ya know? At least, now feel like I am truly doing the best I can (where before, I did the best I could, despite the circumstances) - I just feel so much better about this... I know I can give him the time he deserves - and that's the most important thing. :lovestruc Sending you hugs - it's so hard to be the "one". :hug:

Ahhh - now THIS is what I want to hear... At this point in time, for each day/outfit... I am packing shorts/capris/jeans or leggings + tank top/tee shirt/long sleeved tee shirt/fall jacket... My suitcase is going to weigh in at 6 tons! :eek: LOL Really hoping for decent weather - I'd be thrilled if it was like our current fall weather... Light jacket/capris. :scratchin When we were there in Jan 2016, the ONLY day where shorts were even remotely possible was our arrival day... After that - shorts weren't even an option... Even capris were borderline insane. ::yes::

Need another donald for your new Donald butt bag?

Hahaha!!! I am just not sure I can do a trip without the DBB. :scratchin It's kind of a signature thing. ::yes::

Usually any cold snap will be short, so you most likely will have some decent days, too. It will be cold at night, though, even if the days warm up.

I sure hope so... I am super nervous about this. Like I was telling V yesterday... The thing with the cold in FL, is there is nowhere to go to get out of it - it's not like they have furnaces there to warm buildings - so there is always a chill. I was never so thankful to get home to the zero temps and furnaces. LOL At least I was warm at home. Terrible - I know. ::yes:: Let's pray the cold is VERY short lived!

I think your Donald Duck Butt bag is so fun, but it would also be fun to have a new one, so go for it. I vote for red dotted nails -- there's just something about that "classic Minnie" look that I really love. We've never had an arrival so late at WDW, but you've got a good schedule of activities planned out for the day so I think it will be fun. I hope SoG gives you your room requests!

I'm still trying to nail down the timeframe for our Disneyland trip next year...but I have the first large chunk of money set aside for it. :-) Our Disney trips are always done on a pre-paid basis, meaning I have the money set aside/saved before we leave, just like you. I'd like to go at the end of April when Brie and Andrew finish their semesters, but Mark would have to take leave to go then. He would prefer to go during the summer but that may interfere with when Alyssa and Andrew are moving for optometry school (no idea exactly when that will be) and since Brie is probably going back to Virginia to work next summer (the swimming pool management company wants to hire her back as either a supervisor or a coordinator -- both promotions/raises from her position this past summer, and she'll make more there than out here), that would mean paying airfare to fly her out west for the trip and her using up her one week of leave, which is fine...or go in August after Brie returns home and before school starts, but not sure what Alyssa and Andrew's schedule will be. I just want to get it nailed down but I can't yet.

On the house front, we are now prequalified for the loan so I'm waiting for a call back from the builder to start working details of the house plan.

Thanks!!! I will think about Donald... If I do make another one - it will be the last thing I do. I am leaning towards the red nails too... Technically, if I do them in alternating trips - red would be next to do. ::yes:: Thanks - I hope so too... A little nervous about getting there so late - but I am sure it happens all the time and people check in at all hours often... I will just have to pack in such a way that I can flop into bed as soon as we get there, and have my outfit ready for the next day. ::yes:: As we will be going straight into the parks the following morning at 8am - which means I have to be up by 5. :eek:

Yikes!!! :eek: I sure hope you are able to find dates that work for everyone... That sounds like a task unto itself, and my exact fear for my future... Which is why I am so thankful to be able to squeeze in this last trip before the girls go off, as I know that life will get really complicated for everyone, but me. :lovestruc Keep me updated! :lovestruc

:woohoo: Congrats!!! I am super excited for you about this! I know how hard it is for you to live in someone else's house - so this will be a great thing!!! Did you choose a lot yet? Is it where you were telling me about?

I vote for the red nails. I am glad your visit with Jonathan worked out.

Thanks!!! Red is definitely winning! :lovestruc

Yes - it was great, I am so glad we were able to work it out and hopefully we will get to do it more often in the future. :lovestruc

Hey Dorine! Just wanted to send a howdy your way as we are leaving Friday and I probably won't post again til next week. Our flight gets in late as well, around 9:30, and Tyler and Ariece get in right before midnight! I am calling our resort tomorrow just to make sure both rooms are saved. I would do the same with yours.

I had an idea that you were getting your Dad settled in first, before having your brother come visit. You are doing such a wonderful job with your family Dorine; so much love all around. So happy it is all working out. Your holidays are going to be so amazing!

I love this PTR; so much magic; I vote for the red nails by the way. Can't wait to see your outfits all put together.

I will report back next week Dorine! Wish me lots of luck this weekend with both (lots of) crowds and RAIN!!

Love ya!!!

Wahoo!!!! Carol!!! This is going to be awesome!!! Keep an eye open for my good friend Santos (from FQ) - he now works security for U.S. ::yes::

I am anxious to hear about this trip - I know you have so been looking forward to it! :lovestruc It will be GREAT!!!

Yes - at one point - everyone was pulling me in several directions... I finally just had to assert myself and say "stop"... One thing at a time... Find Dad somewhere to live, pack him, move him, get him settled and life ironed out... Then - I was able to work on Jonathan's piece... I am glad I did it that way - otherwise - I think I would have had a nervous breakdown... All of that, ON TOP OF V being in Europe... :eek: Just glad life is dull at the moment. ::yes:: I am VERY excited for the holidays and having my family in my home - it's been too long!

Red nails are winning! :woohoo:

Can't wait to hear about your trip!!! Have a great time Carol and safe travels!!! :lovestruc

Inquiring minds want to know the best way to clean them!

So hoping it's not going to be cold!

Typically, I turn them inside out and wash on gentle with non-bleach detergent (and NO Woolite)... hang to dry. But with my white bag, I chose to spot clean it... If you remember what it looks like - the dirty part was the front pocket trim and right behind - that slip in pocket where I always keep my phone... I really wanted to bleach it, and I still might??? But with the black on there - that makes me a little nervous - so I am trying spot cleaning first. ::yes:: It should be dry enough today that I can determine if my spot cleaning worked, or if I will have to resort to bleach. :scratchin

PhotoPass_Visiting_Magic_Kingdom_Park_7523244518.jpg

On a side note - I wish I could find that shirt... Sigh... The girls have a habit of "borrowing" my clothes, and then not returning them - and on top of that, I've saved many of my "borrowed" clothes from the donate bin over the years... I am afraid it was donated. :(

Me too!!! I really want to pack less! LOL

An unexpected trip with the girls! YEAH! So exciting! Kids growing up and becoming independent is a bittersweet reward for a parent. So happy you get to share another trip with your girls before they are off on their way.

It's crazy how low Airfair is getting right now. I was just looking at Frontier Airlines and round trip tickets for 5 of us to Orlando in January (after the new year of corse) is only a grand total of $220. That's what I paid for 1 round trip ticket for our 2014 December trip. If I could afford the tickets for the parks and the hotel stay right now, I would be all over that. It's so great you are able to work it out in the budget even though it is unexpected.

I know - right? I am so excited! :woohoo: So are they! I love seeing them growing up and being responsible... yet, I still want to cling to them... Being a parent isn't easy at any stage. :lovestruc

It's still really low! I checked again yesterday and I was so surprised! :woohoo: It's so tempting isn't it? I am even tempted to add on an extra day - but then when will it end? LOL Adding days just makes the other parts of the trip more expensive, so I need to leave it as is and be happy with the time I have there with the girls. :lovestruc

I am glad for the year of paying off debt like crazy - it sure makes unplanned trips like this easier to do financially... We won't be debt free before our trip - but we will be close, so that's nice. ::yes::

************************************************************************************************************

Not much exciting happened yesterday... I worked out in the morning... I had lunch with Dad... I ran some errands... I worked. Overall a good day. ::yes::

I did snag another ADR... Which kind of throws a couple of our park days out of whack... So, now I need to stalk MDE to reorganize a little bit. :scratchin

I also washed my SBW bag... It looked pretty good wet - so hopefully I was able to get it clean enough... I left it hanging to dry in my sewing room last night - so hopefully it's dry enough this morning that I will know if I need to work harder at it. :scratchin

Today... I will work out - it's a heavy lifting day for me, but my right hip is kinda kinked up - so I might just do a regular workout today and heavy lift tomorrow... In all reality - I am just putting off squats. :rofl2: I truly dislike them. ::yes::

Then I will work upstairs for a while...

Then I will get ready and head out for the day - I have lunch plans... Which I will share more about later. :lovestruc

If I get home early enough, I'll work some more... It sure is nice to have the ability to sneak in an hour here or there as I can, I do tend to get a lot done in those little sessions. ::yes::

I hope you all have a great day! :grouphug: Sending prayers and pixie dust out to all! :hug::

D~

Just popping in to vote for red nails and to say "phew you're one busy lady" I feel like I'm getting healthy just reading about you salad lunch and workouts!! If only it was that easy lol. Well done to you. Keep up the good work :)

Sounds like your plans are coming along great. I also vote for red nails. The most outfit planning I do is which Disney shirt to wear. I have a few t-shirts and also a couple sweatshirts. Usually though it's a tee and and zippered Disney hoodie if it's cooler. I try and get a zippered hoodie every year. The only problem with that is sometimes people see them and ask where I got them, and they're no longer available.

I think one year, maybe 2013, it had been so cold leading up to our trip. I kept reading people were buying winter coats to wear. It was an extended cold spell for about 3 weeks where many days were in the 50's. Luckily when we got there we had mostly 80's and I think only one cool day in the 60's. I was really watching the weather that year. I don't mind 60's but if our whole trip had been 50's that would have really disappointed me. We usually wear jeans but one year when we went in early March it was really hot. My husband wore shorts and got that Disney rash. He said he's never wearing shorts to the parks again.

Glad your weekend with your brother went great. I know what you mean when you say you're the one. While I have sisters none of them are close so that makes me the one for my dad too. He's still having some confusion, but he's still in his house for now. He is really adamant about staying there. He even tells me he just came home and found my Grandpa dead. He had moved in to help take care of my Grandma who had Alzheimer's. So I hope he can stay at home at least for now. I know how hard the decision making is though.

We had a great time in Duluth, except for the rain. It did go away on our last day though so that was nice. I know there was a lot of rain in the cities though and my granddaughters' games were cancelled for 2 days.

Last edited:
I also washed my SBW bag... It looked pretty good wet - so hopefully I was able to get it clean enough... I left it hanging to dry in my sewing room last night - so hopefully it's dry enough this morning that I will know if I need to work harder at it. :scratchin
Thanks for the washing instructions. I hope your bag is fresh and clean. I love that SBW b&w bag!

I'm headed on a dive trip this weekend. We'd originally scheduled a group trip to one of the hard hit caribbean islands. Had to fall back and punt when that trip got cancelled. Only half the original group are going, but we are going to have some fun diving for a week. It will be a nice break after all the stress of the past few months. Unfortunately DH isn't going (he was originally going on the trip) due to having to spend extra leave and time away from work due to the court stuff. But we'll make up for it next month at WDW!!!

My DH is also anti-crowds so DW is really pushing the limit for him. I try to plan accordingly and build in some time away from the masses. ADR's and FP's really help so we're not fighting the crowds and standing in long lines. Asking him to stay for Happily Ever After could be a stretch! I was able to book FP's at the 60 day mark. I used a strategy I read somewhere - schedule the hard to get FP's for later in your trip then book that day first. We'll be there Sat-Sat and planned an AK day for Thurs. When I went back to our MK day and tried to book 7DMT there was no availability but I plan to keep checking periodically. We're going to MVMCP one night so we can always ride it then :thumbsup2

Welcome back!!!! It's great to have you here!

Ooooh - that is exciting!! So, where are you staying? I'd love to hear a little about your trip - unless - do you have a PTR going? I am terrible at following along in other's too... Sometimes I can barely keep up here. LOL How awesome though that you get more uses out of your AP!!! :woohoo: And yes - these "short notice" trips... I dunno - they are kinda fun too. :scratchin Less waiting. LOL I do think it was meant to be... It has to be. :lovestruc

I do have a PTR, although I probably shouldn't have started one this time around...it's a double report with December/Jan and my October trip coming up in 9 days that I have barely had time to focus on at all. I'm taking my mom for her first ever visit, and everything is planned, but I'm in charge of our school's fall festival and it has been taking all of my time. I haven't even had a chance to be very excited about it! I'm way behind on updating the PTR, and I usually post more on them...I need to kick it into gear, LOL!!

For the short notice trip, the DVC reservation we bought is at AKL, and we added two nights onto the front at All Star Movies because it was all that was available - we've never stayed at a value before, and I am excited to see the big icons and take a million pictures of them.

I agree about the less waiting being a good thing!! All of my other trips have been booked and planned SO FAR in advance. Although having gone frequently over the past few years, there is less planning and more going with the flow. The trip in 9 days is stressful to me b/c I feel pressure to make sure my mom has a great time (she has no concept of the scale of WDW, at all, and it's hard to explain, so I am nervous!!), but the NYE trip isn't bothering me as much since it will just be me and DH, and we just want to eat food :rotfl::rotfl:

And since I have never, ever had a flight leave so late in the day - I am honestly not sure what to do with myself here?

We were so antsy with the one late flight we had a couple of years ago, we couldn't handle it anymore and went to the airport super early. We thought we'd rather sit at the airport for an extra couple of hours than hang around the house. We were driving ourselves crazy sitting at home, so going to the airport made us feel like we were doing something I guess?? It sounded like a great idea until we were actually there just sitting and waiting and the kids were bored, haha.

Our flight leaves at 6:30pm... and doesn't arrive in Orlando until after 10:30pm... It's going to be a LONG day for us! I am not expecting to be in our room anytime before midnight. :eek:

This is when our plane was supposed to land on the flight I mentioned above. We had some storm delay so it was a little later. It was so weird to see MCO empty and the stores closed, and for the resort to be deserted when we arrived. (but it was a great opportunity to grab some pictures of the Wilderness Lodge lobby empty!!)

OH! and I'm on team red nails for your manicure!

Dorine!

2017-10-05.png

My daughter wants us to go again! We just made reservations for a Royal room at POR-R. I've wanted to stay there for a while! We're going Feb 3 - 10. I wish we could stay at SOG but we're fresh out of military connections. She keeps getting boyfriends who are in the armed forces but goes through them pretty quickly, LOL.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter