~ Sew Sweet 16 ~I’m packing your angry eyes just in case~Aug 2014~ BFF' bag 8/20!!!!

I agree with Suzi.. where are you going to pack all your Suvies?!?!
At least you have a little time to get A- packed... get on it!!!
:cheer2:

So excited for you guys! :yay:

Love it.

The nails are awesome. I think I am going to get Disney toes.

Today is launch day so I have to go and finish my last item. IT is attaching the bodice and skirt and done.

I love all your bags. I am actually going to see if I have an extra tank around I think I want a Mad Hatter to go with my alice bag.

Did you ever show us BFF's bag? Is Alli bringing one of your bags to carry?

Everyone's nails look awesome! I may try to squeeze in a pedicure before we leave, if I have time. I tried to do something different and fun last time I went and had my toes painted blue (I was thinking Donald Duck) but I do not like them. Apparently I need to stick with my pink, light purple, and coral shades.

Love everyone's nails!One of my favorite pre-trip rituals is getting a mani/pedi. I look at it as an early start to my trip ;)

It's funny b/c on our last trip I too was putting some of my things in my girl's bag too. Since they were 9 & 2 their clothes took up a lot less room than mine so why not use the space left in their suitcase, right?:lmao:

After packing photos!! - well, mostly.

I'd third the souvenirs question, but you kinda make pre-venirs with your customs. Yeah, you might re-use them, but there is always a special "This was made for the trip in XXXX and we did such-n-such and had a great time!"

I would do that, but Disney has released a whole pascle of new HM stuff and I must get at least 3 things, I think. Anything with that adorable bat from the ride stanchions. I love it's gothicy look.

Speaking of bats, we were out in the backyard last night and got to watch our neighborhood bats. I like bats a bit - nocturnal and most of them eat bugs!

Don't go too crazy with the nothing to do and have a GREAT TRIP, because I can almost guarantee that this is the last time for a couple of days that I visit here.

I can't believe your trip is almost here!! I love the fun nails and the MB covers. I'm getting shellac so I'm going to have to see if they will do dots or something fun. I still have some time to worry about that though. Haha.

Glad you live on higher ground and didn't get any flooding. Two Mondays in a row our street flooded and last Monday, basically every major freeway in the metro area had several closures for water. At one point it was almost 14 feet deep. And as I sit here typing this, the sky is black and we have flash flood warnings out! Gotta love summer.

I can't wait to hear about your trip. I'll miss your PTR but once the TR is done you'll have to start one for the trip you take with Ali (hint, hint).

Have fun!!!

Ummm....maybe you should have shipped your bags ahead????
I don't know how you fit it all in there! And the most important question......where are you going to fit all the souvies you buy????

Eeeek! So excited for you, it is going to be such a fun trip with BFFs

Hahaha... I made it work! Thankfully summer clothes don't take up a lot of room, and I was able to fit my excess stuff in the girls' luggage... Let's just say - I have a little something in every bag we are taking. :rolleyes1 Including carry-ons. ::yes::

Yes, we are super excited!

As long as Ali packs the night before, you'll be fine. I start setting aside important things that I want to be sure not to forget, like MagicBands and luggage tags, as early as a few weeks ahead of time. And the carry on might be packed early. But we usually wait until the night before to pack our clothes. And toiletries wait until the morning of the trip. I have a "use and pack" method.

Thankfully, she devoted time to packing last night, so she is mostly packed. We still have all of the last minute items to pack though.

I agree with Suzi.. where are you going to pack all your Suvies?!?!
At least you have a little time to get A- packed... get on it!!!

So excited for you guys!

Well, most of the souveniers I plan to buy are Jewelry and small items - so I shouldn't have any problems... ANd we have pleanty of room in all of our luggage combined, just not in my luggage. :rolleyes1

Alli is mostly packed - she did it last night. Phew!

We are soooo excited! The excitement seems to build trip after trip - rather than diminish... :confused3

Love it.

The nails are awesome. I think I am going to get Disney toes.

Today is launch day so I have to go and finish my last item. IT is attaching the bodice and skirt and done.

I love all your bags. I am actually going to see if I have an extra tank around I think I want a Mad Hatter to go with my alice bag.

Yay! I hope you get Disney toes! They are so fun! I was even getting compliments yesterday while running errands. I don't know why more people don't do Disney nails every day?

I hope you were able to get everything done yesterday!

Oooh - looking forward to seeing what you pair with the Alice bag... That is one of my favorite appliques ever!

Did you ever show us BFF's bag? Is Alli bringing one of your bags to carry?

Everyone's nails look awesome! I may try to squeeze in a pedicure before we leave, if I have time. I tried to do something different and fun last time I went and had my toes painted blue (I was thinking Donald Duck) but I do not like them. Apparently I need to stick with my pink, light purple, and coral shades.

Ack!!! Crap!!! No, I didn't! I hope to get that posted this morning - thanks for the reminder.

You should! Yah - I've done blue before - it's just not as great as the red for some reason?

Love everyone's nails!One of my favorite pre-trip rituals is getting a mani/pedi. I look at it as an early start to my trip

It's funny b/c on our last trip I too was putting some of my things in my girl's bag too. Since they were 9 & 2 their clothes took up a lot less room than mine so why not use the space left in their suitcase, right?

Exactly~! I love doing them - it's so fun!

Yup - that's what I did... Alli's suitcase is half clothes and half shoes... Half of those shoes are mine. :laughing:

After packing photos!! - well, mostly.

I'd third the souvenirs question, but you kinda make pre-venirs with your customs. Yeah, you might re-use them, but there is always a special "This was made for the trip in XXXX and we did such-n-such and had a great time!"

I would do that, but Disney has released a whole pascle of new HM stuff and I must get at least 3 things, I think. Anything with that adorable bat from the ride stanchions. I love it's gothicy look.

Speaking of bats, we were out in the backyard last night and got to watch our neighborhood bats. I like bats a bit - nocturnal and most of them eat bugs!

Don't go too crazy with the nothing to do and have a GREAT TRIP, because I can almost guarantee that this is the last time for a couple of days that I visit here.

You are right Ruth - I don't tend to buy a lot of souveniers... I used to, but now that I sew, I am pretty picky - and I refuse to buy clothes that are screenprinted (at least for the prices that Disney charges) - I prefer to have them embroidered, but they do very little of that these days. Sad.

I saw that HM stuff - it looks pretty cool! I hope you can get all of the pieces you want.

Hehehe... SOunds like Lottie... Nocturnal and eats bugs (or she is supposed to - she doesn't like them) - you'd have to add "cranky" to that list though.

Thank you -I will! I hope you have a great rest of your week! :wizard:

I can't believe your trip is almost here!! I love the fun nails and the MB covers. I'm getting shellac so I'm going to have to see if they will do dots or something fun. I still have some time to worry about that though. Haha.

Glad you live on higher ground and didn't get any flooding. Two Mondays in a row our street flooded and last Monday, basically every major freeway in the metro area had several closures for water. At one point it was almost 14 feet deep. And as I sit here typing this, the sky is black and we have flash flood warnings out! Gotta love summer.

I can't wait to hear about your trip. I'll miss your PTR but once the TR is done you'll have to start one for the trip you take with Ali (hint, hint).

Have fun!!!

Thanks! Oooh - I bet they could! Bring in a picture of what you want, that's what I always do. I bet they could come up with something fun for you!

Yikes - I hope you didn't get anymore flooding. :hug:

Hahaha... Yes, I will do a PTR for that trip - but it will be a while before I start it.... I really prefer them to last less than a year. :laughing: So, sometime this coming spring I'll start one.

So, the girls had appointments yesterday...

We also spent some time in town gathering last minute stuff to pack.

It was then that Alli told me she only had one pair of shoes for the trip. :eek: Crap! Would have been nice to know that ~ahem~ a month ago... Too late now. So, I asked her what was wrong with all of her other shoes... She told me they were dirty from the garden and the lake.... Hmmm... :scratchin So... Que the washing machine and dryer... Yup - I was washing shoes yesterday afternoon. Oh well, now she has a suitcase full of clean shoes.

I tried to lay out and tan yesterday, but it was more than mostly cloudy - so I took a little snooze out there instead.

Then I went to get my hair done.... Oooh - it's so nice to have it done finally. I always hate he last few weeks before. I am always so shocked at how dark it is at first, it's just as dark this time as it was when I went to Chicago, but the darkness fades pretty quickly. I did one shade lighter blond highlights this time, but I don't see much difference between those and the ones I had before. Either way - I like how it looks, and I love my stylist!

V babysat the neighbor kids last night.

Alli and I worked on getting her packed... Thankfully she had oodles of room in her carryon bag - so I was able to transfer half my load into her's. Mine is still pretty heavy, but I have heavy things in there.

This is my final (final, final) packing picture... I can't get anymore in there. My suitcase weighs in at approx 39lbs... Let's hope my scale is accurate, because it's FULL!

20140819_111713.jpg

The plan for today... :confused3 Not a clue?

I was up half the night last night... I woke at 12:30 and couldn't fall back to sleep. :headache:

So, I am sure my day will involve some sort of nap...

Maybe some sun? If it's shining later...

Maybe I'll take a walk?

Weigh the luggage again?

Play on my tablet a little bit?

Eat a couple of meals?

Try to stay busy?

ACK!!! Next time, remember to schedule MORE stuff before the trip. :laughing:

I hope all of you have a wonderful day~!! Prayers and good thoughts to all! :grouphug:

D~

Can't believe I forgot to post this! Thanks for the reminder Jennifer!

This bag has been promised to BFF for well over a year... but, it just kept getting pushed to the back burner... I think BFF knew, if she took a trip with me, I would have to make her the bag in time for that trip... So, secretly, maybe she is just going to WDW so she can finally get her bag? :scratchin LOL Nah...

BFF's favorite character is Grumpy... Always has been - so I've always known that this is the bag she was going to choose. Always being prepared, I stumbled upon the interior fabric well over a year ago, and I've been saving it for her bag ever since. :lovestruc

I think the applique turned out perfectly, and I love his expression! It's so Grumpy!

IMG_1744.jpg

IMG_1745.jpg

IMG_1747.jpg

D~

I love those kind of days! (or hate them, depending on how long I can actually relax)

Enjoy your relaxing day because it won't be long now!

Nini

"We are soooo excited! The excitement seems to build trip after trip - rather than diminish"

This.
This is why we all love it so much!
Where else can you go year after year after year and NEVER get tired of it. No, more than that.....you just continue to get more excited every trip. You just know what is coming, the rides, the good, the resorts, the MAGIC!

Can't wait for you to leave! Have a great trip my friend.

I feel the same way. Mostly everything done and ready and still 11 more days. Soon you will all be having a wonderful time.

Love Grumpy bag.

Yes yes and YES!!!

Excitement is KEY!!! you know something different will happen each trip and your just waiting for it to happen!!!

Glad you got the shoes cleaned we don't need the next TR titled A and the stinky feet. :rolleyes1

Or

A- what's that Smell? i'm packing Order destroyers...

popcorn:: popcorn:: popcorn:: popcorn::

I love the fabric for the inside of BFF's bag. :lovestruc It's too bad that there isn't a way to show it off. The Grumpy bag is perfect.

In case I miss your departure, have a great trip! :goodvibes

I am glad it occurred to me to ask about BFF's bag. I thought I might have missed it some how, but I try to pay attention to all your creations. :rotfl: The Grumpy bag turned out great! Love the color combo.

I'd like to have a day like your day today. Instead it's going to be work, work, and more work. Trying to get caught up/ahead so I can work from home Friday morning and take Friday afternoon off!

Enjoy your day!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter