SHADES OF GREEN at Walt Disney World Resort Information & Questions

Does SoG really check luggage back to airport for guests? I read a few sentences about it- with convenience of printing boarding passes.

I’m flying Southwest. Is this a participating airline?
yes it is true. However, their computers were down on our last visit so we were unable to use the service. You must fill out necessary paperwork 24hours prior at Bell Services. Southwest is eligible

Planning my second trip to WDW and couldn't be more excited! Stayed at SoG last August and had an amazing time. Just booked a trip for September and was able to link my SoG reservation to My Disney Experience without a problem. Being able to make ADRs 180 days out and FPs 60 days out makes the whole experience so much more exciting! Kuddos to Disney for making this change :)

EDITED to say never mind i found out it's on the SOG website!
Does anyone happen to have the current SOG bus schedule for drop off/pick up times going to and from AK and DHS? Trying to finalize my plans for a few weeks from now! Do they change often or stay pretty much the same week to week? Thanks!

Last edited:

EDITED to say never mind i found out it's on the SOG website!
Does anyone happen to have the current SOG bus schedule for drop off/pick up times going to and from AK and DHS? Trying to finalize my plans for a few weeks from now! Do they change often or stay pretty much the same week to week? Thanks!

Buses to DHS and AK always run 30 minutes before the park opening. This includes EMH days, so if there is an 8 AM opening for DHS or 7 AM opening for AK, Shades buses will leave 30 minutes prior. hope this is helpful!

Has anyone had to postpone a SOG trip within their 30 day cancellation time? There's a possibility we won't be able to go due to an injury and I'm just wondering if they still keep the one night deposit if you postpone rather than cancel?

As others have said, you can reschedule to avoid losing the one night deposit. If you don't know when you'd be able to visit, they will hold the credit for you until you're ready to book.

I was hoping you'd get a few more suggestions. We used Sunstate last October and, well..... looking for another suggestion.

Have you looked into a rental car? I know the daily parking fee at Shades is somewhat annoying, but we have found it more economical for party of 3+ to rent a car when staying less than 10 days.

Just received this email from SoG.

"Dear Valued Shades of Green Guest,
Thank you for making the Shades of Green your choice for your recent stay in beautiful Orlando, Florida. Our goal is to provide service that exceeds your expectations and we would appreciate comments about your stay. As a valued guest, we invite you to take a few minutes to complete our feedback questionnaire concerning your recent stay. We sincerely hope you enjoyed your stay and look forward to your next visit."

My trip doesn't start until the 30th of this month. I guess they are getting a jump on things!

Thank you for making the Shades of Green your choice for your recent stay in beautiful Orlando, Florida. Our goal is to provide service that exceeds your expectations and we would appreciate comments about your stay. As a valued guest, we invite you to take a few minutes to complete our feedback questionnaire concerning your recent stay. We sincerely hope you enjoyed your stay and look forward to your next visit."

My trip doesn't start until the 30th of this month. I guess they are getting a jump on things!
I got the same email! Thought it may be in reference to the trip I had canceled in December!

Well, at least they are proactive lol. Preemptive strike!

Has anyone used Uber while staying at SOG? I would assume you might have to meet at the entrance to SOG before going through the gate? Thanks!!

So we called an UBER and they had no problem getting on property. It was an absolute monsoon thunderstorm outside. We were only going across the street to Ohana at the Polynesian but there was no way we could walk. The UBER got on property with no issue

I have not been yet (going in June) but this poster states that there was no problem with UBER getting on property. I am hoping this is still the case, as we will be Ubering several times during our stay.

In regards to luggage check at the resort for the return trip...

yes it is true. However, their computers were down on our last visit so we were unable to use the service. You must fill out necessary paperwork 24hours prior at Bell Services. Southwest is eligible

Any idea if their policy and/or process is listed anywhere in the SOG website? We are also flying Southwest and our plane doesn't leave until 4:30pm. We won't be going to the airport until around 2:30pm. As room check out is 11am, we would love to check our bags in the morning and then wander the Polynesian or Disney Springs until time to Uber to the airport.

Also- does SOG ever do "late check-out"?

But how does the fastpass system know to grant me access at the 60 day mark for staying at SOG if after i link a park ticket to my girlfriends name if she isnt on the room reservation from the start? wouldn't it only allow her 30 days out since she doesnt have a disney hotel to link against?

I have a reservation for August, and needed to link it manually in MDE - I copied each reservation number (2 rooms) and pasted into MDE in the "link reservation" area and it found it and populated my name as guest #1 in both reservations, and have placeholder variable (GUEST_NUMBER_TWO or similar) and I then modified each one to link to people in my MDE family and friends list.
Do you have to link the names, if they have tickets linked? Mine wouldn’t let me link names because in the Disney app, because we have 3 adults on our SOG reservation and Disney lists as kids?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter