SHADES OF GREEN at Walt Disney World Resort Information & Questions

I just read the news story about the walkway between SOG and the Poly being closed for refurb. We will be at WDW in a couple weeks and we were hoping to walk over to SOG from the Poly to check it out before our upcoming June trip. Is it still possible to walk over without using that walkway?

I just read the news story about the walkway between SOG and the Poly being closed for refurb. We will be at WDW in a couple weeks and we were hoping to walk over to SOG from the Poly to check it out before our upcoming June trip. Is it still possible to walk over without using that walkway?

There are two entrances to the Poly paths when you walk across the street. I'm trying to figure out if you are talking about the path at the Poly or the one at SOG will be the one under construction?

The other thing you could do is if you have proper military or DoD ID you could get on the SOG bus at the TTC and ride it over and back to the TTC.

There are two entrances to the Poly paths when you walk across the street. I'm trying to figure out if you are talking about the path at the Poly or the one at SOG will be the one under construction?

The other thing you could do is if you have proper military or DoD ID you could get on the SOG bus at the TTC and ride it over and back to the TTC.
Thank you!

Where did you read this? I’ll be there early May and always walk to the Poly for monorail.

Is there any other way to get to the Poly from Shades of Green while the walkway is under construction?? I was planning on hopping on the monorail from there for all of our PPO reservations :(

My common sense would say we could walk along the road if need be, but I’m not sure if the path is through a wooded area where you have to be on it for that to work

My common sense would say we could walk along the road if need be, but I’m not sure if the path is through a wooded area where you have to be on it for that to work

The path runs down the main driveway to the resort. There are huge swamp/ponds on each side of that road somewhat over from the sidewalks with warnings about snakes and gators. If they take the sidewalk out of commission there will be no where safe to walk. On side will be water and the other side is the road/driveway.

Like I had said before. Your best bet is going to be driving somewhere or taking the bus from SOG to the TTC and onward from there.

Is there any other way to get to the Poly from Shades of Green while the walkway is under construction?? I was planning on hopping on the monorail from there for all of our PPO reservations :(

The SOG bus to the TTC, or Uber. If they close the entrance point to the Poly walkway, I'm not sure if there is another way to actually walk to the Poly. When we cross the street from SOG we always turn left when we reach the sidewalk, and this brings us to the walkway. Not sure if the sidewalk extends to the right, but that main road is so busy, I don't think it would be safe to venture off the sidewalk. Funny thing, we've done that walk for years, and never investigated another route. :laughing:

The path runs down the main driveway to the resort. There are huge swamp/ponds on each side of that road somewhat over from the sidewalks with warnings about snakes and gators. If they take the sidewalk out of commission there will be no where safe to walk. On side will be water and the other side is the road/driveway.

Like I had said before. Your best bet is going to be driving somewhere or taking the bus from SOG to the TTC and onward from there.
Thanks for the info... I saw someone on FB who is there now, and they said the sign says it will only be out of commission through 3/23, so that’s great news!

I didn't know there was a bus! Does it run regularly? I've never been to SoG before but planned to walk over in a few weeks from Poly (where I'm staying) to SoG to buy MNSSHP for my upcoming September trip. If the walkway isn't open now I know to look for a bus. Thanks!

I didn't know there was a bus! Does it run regularly? I've never been to SoG before but planned to walk over in a few weeks from Poly (where I'm staying) to SoG to buy MNSSHP for my upcoming September trip. If the walkway isn't open now I know to look for a bus. Thanks!
Yes, SOG has their own dedicated buses that run to the TTC and parks and Disney Spring/Waterparks.

Yes, SOG has their own dedicated buses that run to the TTC and parks and Disney Spring/Waterparks.

It's pretty bad that SoG has better bus service to the waterparks than the Disney resorts do! Yikes!

Thats a great perk for SoG! We've never stayed there but I always order our tickets from them!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter