• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

SHADES OF GREEN at Walt Disney World Resort Information & Questions

I have a question for those who have stayed at SOG before (June will be my first time). If I wanted to get to HS an hour before RD, would you recommend a bus from the poly? I think that may be our only option to do that (uber is not an option, unfortunately)

We did that one day, and we got in line at the friendly shuttle for 7am for a ride to the corner, as a couple of us are older with bad knees. Saved some walking.

There are two entrances to the Poly paths when you walk across the street. I'm trying to figure out if you are talking about the path at the Poly or the one at SOG will be the one under construction?

The other thing you could do is if you have proper military or DoD ID you could get on the SOG bus at the TTC and ride it over and back to the TTC.
They will not let you on the bus without proof you are staying at SOG. My son was our room sponsor and they tried to not let him on because he didn' have his room ticket. I had an extra, so they let him back on. This was just last week.

It's pretty bad that SoG has better bus service to the waterparks than the Disney resorts do! Yikes!

Thats a great perk for SoG! We've never stayed there but I always order our tickets from them!
We were able to walk over there last week, but some left over construction fencing was off to the side, so must still be a work in progress.

They will not let you on the bus without proof you are staying at SOG. My son was our room sponsor and they tried to not let him on because he didn' have his room ticket. I had an extra, so they let him back on. This was just last week.
I'm aware of this as I've stayed there many times.

Just wanted to clarify because we rode before with just military ID, just to check things out.
Yes and there's also been times where they don't even bother with your ID or hotel proof at all. It really depends on who is your bus driver and when you go, but I'm not going to bother talking about this further.

Is anyone else getting a message on MDE that says we are tempoairly unable to display your itinerary? My FP show so thats the important thing but I wanted to make some changes but can't because SOG isn't showing anymore.

Is anyone else getting a message on MDE that says we are tempoairly unable to display your itinerary? My FP show so thats the important thing but I wanted to make some changes but can't because SOG isn't showing anymore.

Last night I had to relink my SOG ressies to get them to show up!!

Hi all. I’ve only done a bit of research on SOG but we’re thinking of utilizing their veterans special in January. From what I’ve read, they are really strict on needing to see a military ID at the gate. Since my husband is not retired or active duty, he does not have an ID card any longer. Will his DD214 serve as his identification for this purpose?

Hi all. I’ve only done a bit of research on SOG but we’re thinking of utilizing their veterans special in January. From what I’ve read, they are really strict on needing to see a military ID at the gate. Since my husband is not retired or active duty, he does not have an ID card any longer. Will his DD214 serve as his identification for this purpose?
Yes His DD214 should be enough. You can confirm when you make reservations.

Same thing for me. Was at 60 days last Thursday. Couldn’t figure out why I could not see beyond 30 days. Got it fixed and still got all my FP’s.

The morning of my 60day FP reservations I noticed that my SOG resides had disappeared. Took some doing to get them relinked. Heads up to SOG patrons; check MDE BEFORE your FP morning!!
I have all my FP but wanted to make some changes...and I noticed. I re-linked my resize today, no problem. I was scared at first...LOL.. didn't want to lose my coveted FPs

I have all my FP but wanted to make some changes...and I noticed. I re-linked my resize today, no problem. I was scared at first...LOL.. didn't want to lose my coveted FPs
Glad to hear they didn’t disappear along with your reservation. I’ve been nervous about that happening to me ever since my FP morning crisis. I took screen-shots of my FP on MDE jus in case.

Can non-military WDW resort guest not staying at SOG eat at the restaurants at SOG?

Can non-military WDW resort guest not staying at SOG eat at the restaurants at SOG?

To get on property using normal methods without having military Id you must either be a guest at the resort or a guest of a guest staying at the resort. Someone staying at the resort can bring a certain number of guests with them. MOST places at the resort won't card you as long as you are paying with cash. As was mentioned, every time I ate at the buffet I had to show my room card. There are other ways that you can eat at the resort without being a guest. The only official way that doesn't violate rules is that people playing on the golf courses can eat at Evergreens (and a few other places) as long as you pay in cash.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter