• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

SHADES OF GREEN at Walt Disney World Resort Information & Questions

Your room key is not needed for EMH when staying at Shades, you show them your resort I.D.

That's what we've always had with us and showed, but now that the SOG reservation can be linked in MDE I wonder if they can just scan the MB? I'll find out in August, will definitely have the green resort ID with me but will see if the MB will work.

That's what we've always had with us and showed, but now that the SOG reservation can be linked in MDE I wonder if they can just scan the MB? I'll find out in August, will definitely have the green resort ID with me but will see if the MB will work.
I have been twice since they began linking rooms and they still ask for the resort ID. Hopefully magic bands will work eventually.

omg, I'm beyond irritated. This is the 3rd time in the last 2 weeks that my SOG resort reservations has mysteriously vanished from my MDE account. It's getting ridiculous, and they can't tell me why.

omg, I'm beyond irritated. This is the 3rd time in the last 2 weeks that my SOG resort reservations has mysteriously vanished from my MDE account. It's getting ridiculous, and they can't tell me why.
Mine too!! GRRrrr...I’m glad you said something. What a pain.

Mine too!! GRRrrr...I’m glad you said something. What a pain.
Those with SOG reservations, BE CHECKING DAILY! The WDW internet support person told me that IF you catch the dropped reservation same-day you should NOT lose your FP reservations, but if you miss the dropped ressie, your FP reservations may also DISAPPEAR!! This is a known system error that WDW is working on, but they have no answers yet. If you lose your FP ressies, they will work to recover “most if not all” of them. I plan to check twice daily until I pass the 30 day mark. Yikes!!

Those with SOG reservations, BE CHECKING DAILY! The WDW internet support person told me that IF you catch the dropped reservation same-day you should NOT lose your FP reservations, but if you miss the dropped ressie, your FP reservations may also DISAPPEAR!! This is a known system error that WDW is working on, but they have no answers yet. If you lose your FP ressies, they will work to recover “most if not all” of them. I plan to check twice daily until I pass the 30 day mark. Yikes!!
Wow, that is completely unacceptable. What if my tickets were to disappear? I activated an additional set of vouchers on our last trip and they kept the originals. No idea if I’d be able to recover them. I know we are talking about resort reservations, but it makes me worried about all of it.

Wow, we just returned from SOG with NO issues. My reservation did disappear from MDE but it was within the 30day timeframe so I just let it go. All my fast passes were fine. Hope they fix the problem quickly

Thanks for the tip - each time I see a post in here about the SOG reservation dropping from MDE I check mine and they are still there, but I'm still 5-6 weeks away from making FP reservations. But once I do make those, I will definitely be checking often!

Thanks for the tip - each time I see a post in here about the SOG reservation dropping from MDE I check mine and they are still there, but I'm still 5-6 weeks away from making FP reservations. But once I do make those, I will definitely be checking often!

I have 3 reservations booked at SOG—May, July, and Oct—and they’ve all disappeared 3 or 4 times. I would keep checking on a regular basis just to prevent any FP delay or other planning issue.

The day before and the morning of your FP day, check again. I was panicked and in tears on my FP morning because I couldn’t figure out why my window didn’t open. It all turned out ok and I got the FPs I wanted, but it was a traumatic morning.
This morning I jumped on my computer and printed hard copies of all of my reservations, including the FP details and the #of people who all have the FPs. This way, if they dump, I have some proof of what they should be giving back to me. I am on the countdown to 30 days! When I pass that mark it shouldn’t matter anymore whether I have hotel reservations or not. Ugh!!

We are staying at SOG for the first time this year. DH is a civilian DOD employee. I was wondering if we would be able to buy things at the gift shop at SOG. He is not able to shop at the stores on military bases, but I didn’t know if it was the same at SOG.

The day before and the morning of your FP day, check again. I was panicked and in tears on my FP morning because I couldn’t figure out why my window didn’t open. It all turned out ok and I got the FPs I wanted, but it was a traumatic morning.
This morning I jumped on my computer and printed hard copies of all of my reservations, including the FP details and the #of people who all have the FPs. This way, if they dump, I have some proof of what they should be giving back to me. I am on the countdown to 30 days! When I pass that mark it shouldn’t matter anymore whether I have hotel reservations or not. Ugh!!

I wrote yesterday that I checked my 2 reservations for August and they hadn't dropped off... well of course guess what happened once I posted that? Just re-linked them again, definitely will have to keep and eye on them!

I wrote yesterday that I checked my 2 reservations for August and they hadn't dropped off... well of course guess what happened once I posted that? Just re-linked them again, definitely will have to keep and eye on them!
Of course! The moment you aren’t looking.....

Stay vigilant, folks!

This is nuts! To make it even more confusing my reservation was showing on the app but not on the website! Oh this is going to be annoying if it keeps happening!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter