SHADES OF GREEN at Walt Disney World Resort Information & Questions

I've never asked for one side or the other when I've made my reservations, the only thing I've ever specified in the comments is reservation number of the other room I'd just booked and then checked the "adjoining" box and it's never been a problem.

In 2014 and 2016 we got Palm side, and then 2017 we got 3 rooms on Magnolia side and while they were still in better shape than the majority of Comfort/Quality/Hampton/etc that I've stayed in, it was time for renovation as the tub drains in 2 of the 3 rooms were not working right. Things like that just happen with daily use after years and years and this was a few months before the renovations were supposed to start in late 2017 as they told me when I was there last year. So I'll see which side we get in a couple weeks and ask about the status of any renovations and post here.

The biggest gripe I've always had about the place and have put it in the feedback each time is that if you get located down near the end of one of the wings then the wifi signal can be very weak to being non-existent. In 2016 and 2017 I ended up doing a lot of my online work on laptop from the main lobby instead of the room itself in order to get a good signal. But again I've noted that each time and I assume that gets passed to whatever network firm has the contract for the building, will see if it's any better this time around!
Thanks for the reply! I look forward to hearing about your experience. We will be traveling with a 2yo and plan to walk over to the Poly to catch the monorail. Will be interested in suggestions on convenient room location for that. Don’t really care about the pool. Hope you have a great time!

I've never asked for one side or the other when I've made my reservations, the only thing I've ever specified in the comments is reservation number of the other room I'd just booked and then checked the "adjoining" box and it's never been a problem.

In 2014 and 2016 we got Palm side, and then 2017 we got 3 rooms on Magnolia side and while they were still in better shape than the majority of Comfort/Quality/Hampton/etc that I've stayed in, it was time for renovation as the tub drains in 2 of the 3 rooms were not working right. Things like that just happen with daily use after years and years and this was a few months before the renovations were supposed to start in late 2017 as they told me when I was there last year. So I'll see which side we get in a couple weeks and ask about the status of any renovations and post here.

The biggest gripe I've always had about the place and have put it in the feedback each time is that if you get located down near the end of one of the wings then the wifi signal can be very weak to being non-existent. In 2016 and 2017 I ended up doing a lot of my online work on laptop from the main lobby instead of the room itself in order to get a good signal. But again I've noted that each time and I assume that gets passed to whatever network firm has the contract for the building, will see if it's any better this time around!
Can you make adjustments to a reservation? I marked adjoining rooms but did not think about putting the first room reservation number in the box!
We reserved pool side rooms so any feedback on those rooms would be appreciated! Thank you!

We will be at SOG in two weeks. If the walking path to Poly is still closed are you permitted to walk along the road to get over there?

We will be at SOG in two weeks. If the walking path to Poly is still closed are you permitted to walk along the road to get over there?

We were there 7/9-7/14 and the walkway was closed then. We hadn’t been told this, so when we got down the sidewalk near the guard shack, the security guard told us that it would be closed for a while and we aren’t allowed to walk along the street. Honestly, with the way we saw people driving around there, I had no interest in having my Granddaughters walk along the road.

We were there 7/9-7/14 and the walkway was closed then. We hadn’t been told this, so when we got down the sidewalk near the guard shack, the security guard told us that it would be closed for a while and we aren’t allowed to walk along the street. Honestly, with the way we saw people driving around there, I had no interest in having my Granddaughters walk along the road.

Thanks for the info. So was your only option using the SOG buses to get around if you didn't have a car? Or taxi, Uber, etc?

Can you make adjustments to a reservation? I marked adjoining rooms but did not think about putting the first room reservation number in the box! We reserved pool side rooms so any feedback on those rooms would be appreciated! Thank you!

Yes -

1 - Go on to site like you're going to book a room, then just to the left of the "check availability" button is a link for "view or change an existing reservation"
2 - Enter email address and confirmation number, then search - when your reservation shows up, click button on far right for "select"
3 - When reservation details show up on next screen, on far right at top (where it says 'options') use selector to choose "change guest/payment information"
4 - At next screen you can change details or enter information in the "comments" box, then click "confirm reservation" to save (will probably generate another email to you)

Thanks for the info. So was your only option using the SOG buses to get around if you didn't have a car? Or taxi, Uber, etc?

I've seen plenty of threads (and posts within this thread) about Uber/Lyft so that's an option. There's also an Alamo rental counter just off the main lobby, hours are 8am to Noon according to Alamo's web site (see below) - so if you wanted to rent a car for a day trip that may be an option. I will have a rental van from the airport for my group of 7 and we had planned to take the shuttle to most places, but now it looks like I will have to get the van out of the SOG garage and load everyone in to drive across the street to the Poly parking lot to drop the group off as we planned to walk over to Capt Cook's a couple nights.

https://www.alamo.com/en_US/car-rental/locations/us/orlr82-shades-of-green.html

Yes -

1 - Go on to site like you're going to book a room, then just to the left of the "check availability" button is a link for "view or change an existing reservation"
2 - Enter email address and confirmation number, then search - when your reservation shows up, click button on far right for "select"
3 - When reservation details show up on next screen, on far right at top (where it says 'options') use selector to choose "change guest/payment information"
4 - At next screen you can change details or enter information in the "comments" box, then click "confirm reservation" to save (will probably generate another email to you)
Thank you!!!!

My check-in for our August trip is two weeks from today... I'll ask about the renovation schedule and post any info that they give me.

Please do! I wonder if this is still closed from last March? I was planning on doing a lot of back and forth to the Poly for Dole Whips! lol! We arrive end of September.

I am also curious about the walkway. That is one of the main reasons we booked SOG. We are trying to avoid the busses when possible with several young kids in strollers. I am seeing conflicting reports about it being closed. As was mentioned above, I found articles saying it closed March 15 with no date of completion listed. Is this still the case? I noticed some people saying they couldn't use the walkway recently. I have also looked at Tripadvisor and some recent reviews mention walking over to the Polynesian. If anyone has been recently and knows if you can actually walk to the Poly (even if the walkway is closed) or if that isn't a possibility, I would love a definitive answer. Thanks so much!

Please do! I wonder if this is still closed from last March? I was planning on doing a lot of back and forth to the Poly for Dole Whips! lol! We arrive end of September.

The earlier closure was the walkway on SOG property. The current closure is on the Poly walkway. I would think that it should be back open by your arrival.

I am also curious about the walkway. That is one of the main reasons we booked SOG. We are trying to avoid the busses when possible with several young kids in strollers. I am seeing conflicting reports about it being closed. As was mentioned above, I found articles saying it closed March 15 with no date of completion listed. Is this still the case? I noticed some people saying they couldn't use the walkway recently. I have also looked at Tripadvisor and some recent reviews mention walking over to the Polynesian. If anyone has been recently and knows if you can actually walk to the Poly (even if the walkway is closed) or if that isn't a possibility, I would love a definitive answer. Thanks so much!
Same here, exactly wht I booked SoG because it was more than Pop (and even some mods) but wanted to go back to SoG and enjoy the proximity to the Poly. LuckiyL 2 adults this time but we have a very quick trip and lots planned that I didn't want to use SoG buses for....also a passholders playtimpl at TSL and the check in for that alone is 0645@DHS. Thinking that the poly might have a bus that's early but not SoG.
Long winded sorry. Either way hoping to find out before we go, otherwise I might go with a Priceline rental car...not ideal.

Is there a way to walk onto Poly property if this particular walkway is still closed? We had planned on making several trips over there for breakfast at Ohana and multiple Dole Whip runs and are not renting a car. Really would like to find a way to walk if at all possible.

Is there a way to walk onto Poly property if this particular walkway is still closed? We had planned on making several trips over there for breakfast at Ohana and multiple Dole Whip runs and are not renting a car. Really would like to find a way to walk if at all possible.
Recent conversation on a FB site.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180725-093639.png
    Screenshot_20180725-093639.png
    316.1 KB · Views: 46

Not without walking on the side of a very busy road. There is grass but it looks very wet/swampy.

What is the conversation? I clicked on the file you attached but nothing came up and I am not on FB.
This is a SOG fan page and you'd need to be on FB. Some people are still walking to the Poly by the grassy road side up to the Poly parking lot.

For those people who were having problem with your fastpasses not staying on MDE, any updates? Are you still having to call to fix the problem?

I just booked and I will be there August 22. I will keep everyone posted on the Poly walkway. If we walk on the grass/ swamp/street to go to Poly does it take a lot longer than the walkway?

For those people who were having problem with your fastpasses not staying on MDE, any updates? Are you still having to call to fix the problem?

It’s more about the SOG ressie disappearing from MDE with the potential of losing FPs. Yes it’s still a problem. My Oct ressie is gone right now. I’ll relink it closer to my FP date since I’m getting tired of doing it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter