SHADES OF GREEN at Walt Disney World Resort Information & Questions

What time of year was the poly rate only $20 more? I’ve never seen it less than 350 with the military rate. That would be unbelievable!

i would be all over a Poly rate that was only $20 more than SOG, unfortunately I don't think it will ever happen. Even with the military discount it is very pricey no matter the season. I am pricing out Disney resorts for 2 nights in February that are unavailable at SOG for our vacation week, and we may end up at the POP. I will book now, and call back to request the military discount if it is offered for 2019.

i would be all over a Poly rate that was only $20 more than SOG, unfortunately I don't think it will ever happen. Even with the military discount it is very pricey no matter the season. I am pricing out Disney resorts for 2 nights in February that are unavailable at SOG for our vacation week, and we may end up at the POP. I will book now, and call back to request the military discount if it is offered for 2019.

If you feel like having some fun, you can get some decent prices on Disney resorts through Priceline or Hotwire opaque bookings. There are a couple of threads here on the DIS about it. Especially if you only need a couple of nights and you are going at lower crowd times.

I will be at SOG next week and I would like to add a couple of days onto the beginning of my trip. I called Disney reservations and asked for the military rates for all of the deluxe resorts. It was $1130 for one night at the poly! Yes it was club level but still…
CR was $830 a night. Beach club was $900 a night. And this is with the military discount! So I just added on to our SOG where I will be just as happy if not happier. I am traveling with three kiddos and the pool area is awesome.

I will be at SOG next week and I would like to add a couple of days onto the beginning of my trip. I called Disney reservations and asked for the military rates for all of the deluxe resorts. It was $1130 for one night at the poly! Yes it was club level but still…
CR was $830 a night. Beach club was $900 a night. And this is with the military discount! So I just added on to our SOG where I will be just as happy if not happier. I am traveling with three kiddos and the pool area is awesome.

Interesting on the CR rate. I just got back from WDW and stayed at CR with the military rate. Not club level and was the Garden Wing, but the rate was $343 per night. I did that with only 2 weeks advance booking.

If you feel like having some fun, you can get some decent prices on Disney resorts through Priceline or Hotwire opaque bookings. There are a couple of threads here on the DIS about it. Especially if you only need a couple of nights and you are going at lower crowd times.

Thanks, I will have to check this out.

I have been trying to get a deluxe hotel at a mil rate. I have bad timing but gonna hope to get one in March, also hoping for AP or mil on a cabin Dec (got it for 315 with the holiday magic). I would love club level too. i didn't think they would do that but i actually will wait for a good deal. 1130 for CL poly is still high to me. Love me SOG though, they redid the magnolia side, rooms are so big. our kids are just big enough to were we will get 2 rooms for now on. even more room and will still be cheaper than any moderate.

Any room renovation updates for the Magnolia wing? Pics of finished rooms? IDK if it's even that far along but haven't seen much about it. Does anyone know a timeline?

My sister and I will be taking our 3yr olds in 3 weeks. and wondering what to put for our room request. We've stayed on the palm side a few times and it's nice but it's a bit of a hike. Husband and I stayed on the magnolia side for NYE and the room was soooo old and worn out. The bathroom door wouldn't close and we definitely want to avoid that this trip. I don't need any surprise visitors while im in the bathroom bc our boys always want to be a part of the action LOL ;)

Any room renovation updates for the Magnolia wing? Pics of finished rooms? IDK if it's even that far along but haven't seen much about it. Does anyone know a timeline?

My sister and I will be taking our 3yr olds in 3 weeks. and wondering what to put for our room request. We've stayed on the palm side a few times and it's nice but it's a bit of a hike. Husband and I stayed on the magnolia side for NYE and the room was soooo old and worn out. The bathroom door wouldn't close and we definitely want to avoid that this trip. I don't need any surprise visitors while im in the bathroom bc our boys always want to be a part of the action LOL ;)

We are here now; leaving tomorrow, but we are staying in
the Palm wing. From what I've observed, renovations are still ongoing in the Magnolia wing. The third floor is presently under construction, and closed; I saw them hauling away all of the worn out furniture this past week. Walking through the Magnolia on our way to the the pool I noticed the old carpeting is still in place in the second floor hallways, but there is
new carpeting on the first floor, and the woodwork and doors have been painted.

Here are a few pics I saw on facebook...

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1534908112866.jpg
    FB_IMG_1534908112866.jpg
    136.5 KB · Views: 44
  • FB_IMG_1534908120802.jpg
    FB_IMG_1534908120802.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 41
  • FB_IMG_1534908138556.jpg
    FB_IMG_1534908138556.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 43
  • FB_IMG_1534908164920.jpg
    FB_IMG_1534908164920.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 46
Here are a few pics I saw on facebook...

Thanks for the pics. Perhaps this confirms that the first floor pool rooms have been completed. I suspected this since the hall carpeting had been replaced. Hopefully we will be there in February, so I am waiting for reports on the rehabbed rooms; I especially want to know if they have replaced the noisy AC/heat units. Looks like the style is very similar to the Palm wing decor.

Does anyone have any experience with the 180 +10 dining reservations that Shades of Green guests are now eligible for? Last year I was in on the beginning of the new 60 day fastpass allowance and it was great! A bit of a learning curve but we got everything we wanted. Not sure how the 180 +10 works though. I think it means that on 180 days from our check in date we can make all dining reservations for our trip up to 10 days out instead of having to get up each morning and do it 180 days from each date, right? So does that extra 10 days just show up in the My Disney Experience on your 180 day mark? Because now it only goes to 180 days. I know with the fastpasses it was only showing 30 days in advance until we hit our 60 day mark then it popped up in the app so maybe thats the way dining works too? Hoping someone has done this and has some insight! Thanks!

Hello! New to DISboards and my first time staying at Shades will be next month! I had a question about resort IDs that i've been unable to get an answer to... I am AD and will have a guest joining our family at the park and joining us for a day or two at the hotel to swim or eat dinner. If they are not on our reservation, will they be able to head back with us on Shades transportation? Will they be able to go to the pool or restaurant if we are not there with them?

Hello! New to DISboards and my first time staying at Shades will be next month! I had a question about resort IDs that i've been unable to get an answer to... I am AD and will have a guest joining our family at the park and joining us for a day or two at the hotel to swim or eat dinner. If they are not on our reservation, will they be able to head back with us on Shades transportation? Will they be able to go to the pool or restaurant if we are not there with them?

:welcome:
I do not have an exact answer for you, but I do know that they have become very strict when checking ID's to get on the bus. You may possibly encounter a problem with your guest because you also need to show a resort ID that indicates the number of people in your party. A security guard also boards the bus to do ID checks when returning to SOG. As far as your guest eating at the restaurants, they would not be able to eat at the buffet, because you need a resort ID. They do not ask for IDs at Evergreens, or Manginos.

Last edited:

Could you just add their name to your reservation?

When you check in, tell the SOG rep that you will have a couple visitors during the trip and ask if they can print out additional green paper passes for them. During my stay earlier this month, they printed out an extra sheet of 4 passes for me because I had a group of 7 and asked for extra in case one of the passes got wet during a ride in Disney. So I ended up carrying an extra paper pass in my wallet during the trip just in case someone did get one wet or forgot one back in the room.

When you check in, tell the SOG rep that you will have a couple visitors during the trip and ask if they can print out additional green paper passes for them. During my stay earlier this month, they printed out an extra sheet of 4 passes for me because I had a group of 7 and asked for extra in case one of the passes got wet during a ride in Disney. So I ended up carrying an extra paper pass in my wallet during the trip just in case someone did get one wet or forgot one back in the room.

Well this is good information to have. Frankly I am a little surprised that they would print out extra passes for unregistered guests considering the new ID check policy. Thank you for sharing this.

Does anyone have any experience with the 180 +10 dining reservations that Shades of Green guests are now eligible for? Last year I was in on the beginning of the new 60 day fastpass allowance and it was great! A bit of a learning curve but we got everything we wanted. Not sure how the 180 +10 works though. I think it means that on 180 days from our check in date we can make all dining reservations for our trip up to 10 days out instead of having to get up each morning and do it 180 days from each date, right? So does that extra 10 days just show up in the My Disney Experience on your 180 day mark? Because now it only goes to 180 days. I know with the fastpasses it was only showing 30 days in advance until we hit our 60 day mark then it popped up in the app so maybe thats the way dining works too? Hoping someone has done this and has some insight! Thanks!
I was able to book ADRs my week-long January trip at the 180 day marks without any problems. Just enter your SOG reservation in My Disney Experience.

We stay at Shades of Green all the time but I've never tried to do an early morning breakfast reservation in the parks. If I have a reservation for breakfast in Magic Kingdom that is before park opening, how do we get there from Shades of Green? Do monorails run early enough for that? We have always just gone in at park opening so I'm not familiar with getting there early!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter