SHADES OF GREEN at Walt Disney World Resort Information & Questions

Wait you have to show ID to get on the bus, to get in the resort and to get in the restaurant? This is starting to sound incredibly disruptive. We will have a party of 11 with 5 kids - is showing ID to basically move around the resort problematic? Doesn’t that just make it feel like you’re at work or on edge?
We had to show military ID and resort ID when we stayed in 2018 to eat at the buffet. We didn't have the resort card so my husband had to fill out a form of some type. It's possible we needed to show it for a room charge? I honestly can't remember. We did pay with card, and didn't use a room charge. Only my husband showed his ID.
We didn't use their buses but we walked to the monorail at the Poly. When we returned we just needed the room key to get back in the little walkway gate.
I will def say it was a little weird to be asked to show ID at the buffet. We were a little annoyed when we didn't have the resort card since we were not told we would need it.

Now that I think about it, we got sodas from Evergreens and didn't need ID....

Q: what food delivery service is everybody using? We are thinking of uber/ lyft for our next trip and ordering some groceries on-line instead of stopping.

Wait you have to show ID to get on the bus, to get in the resort and to get in the restaurant? This is starting to sound incredibly disruptive. We will have a party of 11 with 5 kids - is showing ID to basically move around the resort problematic? Doesn’t that just make it feel like you’re at work or on edge?

We've always shown our resort ID when going to breakfast, but only one person in the party has needed to show it and that was whoever was doing doing the "check in" at the counter. I think we only gave a room key to the server when our meal was covered by a package.

I was curious about something... we're going to be staying at SOG this December, sponsored by my brother. Presumably, when we check out and he leaves, we won't be allowed back on property, is that true? I wanted to go to breakfast and maybe Disney Springs that day, but could we still leave our luggage at SOG bell services? Could we leave baggage at the Poly perhaps, even though we're not staying there? I'm not sure how to plan that day, or if we just have to carry around our baggage all day. (We'll be going over to Universal later that evening). Any advice?

Thanks!

I was curious about something... we're going to be staying at SOG this December, sponsored by my brother. Presumably, when we check out and he leaves, we won't be allowed back on property, is that true? I wanted to go to breakfast and maybe Disney Springs that day, but could we still leave our luggage at SOG bell services? Could we leave baggage at the Poly perhaps, even though we're not staying there? I'm not sure how to plan that day, or if we just have to carry around our baggage all day. (We'll be going over to Universal later that evening). Any advice?

Thanks!

You'll still have your resort IDs (which are really just a piece of paper) covering you on your check-out day. My dad and I leave separately as our flights are at different times, and I've still gone to the parks and came back to the resort to get my luggage/hang out in the lobby waiting for my ride no problem.

You'll still have your resort IDs (which are really just a piece of paper) covering you on your check-out day. My dad and I leave separately as our flights are at different times, and I've still gone to the parks and came back to the resort to get my luggage/hang out in the lobby waiting for my ride no problem.

Oh! Okay, great. Phew, I didn't know what we were going to do. Thank you for the info!

Has anyone experienced the room checks/visual inspections at SoG that others have reported happening at the other Disney resorts? Staying at SoG next month and curious if they do these room checks too.

Has anyone experienced the room checks/visual inspections at SoG that others have reported happening at the other Disney resorts? Staying at SoG next month and curious if they do these room checks too.
I think those are for people who decline housekeeping at Disney resorts. To my knowledge, Shades of Green does not offer this.

You obviously had the same issue a lot of people have had, including me. I had to call Disney IT (support) and they were able to fix the glitch so I could make my 180+10, although I couldn't do it the first couple of days due to the glitch so I missed out on a couple of restaurants I wanted, but I'm still tracking those. There's a FB page where this has been discussed.

I had the same issue, had something to do with the reservation under the hubby's name, but the Disney account under mine. Disney Support were able to fix the glitch and it opened up the 180 day reservation window for me.

Last edited:
Can anyone tell me what the wait looks like for the shady shuttle to the Poly first thing in the morning right now? With Magic Kingdom opening at 7am we’d want to leave by 630, do they have someone out there this early?

Can anyone tell me what the wait looks like for the shady shuttle to the Poly first thing in the morning right now? With Magic Kingdom opening at 7am we’d want to leave by 630, do they have someone out there this early?

They'll likely have people out there, but I wouldn't depend on the Shady Shuttle if you're wanting to hit a certain time schedule. If they have luggage to transport or other duties, that will take priority over guest rides. (I once saw a lady throw an absolute fit because she wanted a ride to the spa and they couldn't drop everything to take her right that second)

On a related note, the walk from bell services (where the Shady Shuttle picks you up) to the end of the Shades drive (where they will drop you off) is only 0.35 miles.

They'll likely have people out there, but I wouldn't depend on the Shady Shuttle if you're wanting to hit a certain time schedule. If they have luggage to transport or other duties, that will take priority over guest rides. (I once saw a lady throw an absolute fit because she wanted a ride to the spa and they couldn't drop everything to take her right that second)

On a related note, the walk from bell services (where the Shady Shuttle picks you up) to the end of the Shades drive (where they will drop you off) is only 0.35 miles.
How many shady shuttles do they actually have?

Also, on another note where would the ideal room location be if we wanted to get on and off property quickly?

How many shady shuttles do they actually have?

Also, on another note where would the ideal room location be if we wanted to get on and off property quickly?

I think they have just one (it's a fancy golf cart type thing; picture here: http://magicmemoriesmayhem.com/wp-c...t-Shades-of-Green-at-Walt-Disney-World002.jpg).

I'd simply ask for 'close to lobby.' Here's a link to the property map: https://www.shadesofgreen.org/application/files/5415/0730/5703/SOGMAP.jpg

It can get a little confusing to look at, because you can't really tell that the the express cafe (#1) and bus stop are actually on a lower level than the bell services (#12), and there is no pedestrian exit from the bus stop. If you exit the lobby, you will walk past the bell services and that sidewalk will take you down all the way to the main road/crosswalk to the Polynesian. We've been in what must have been room 296 Magnola side, and that was great because it was the first set of rooms past the exchange. In the Palm wing, we've been in (I think) 5101, which again was the first set of rooms past the elevators (both of our rooms were ADA though). When we've been farther back in the property (maybe 180?) we've found 'shortcut' paths to get from our rooms to the lobby or bus-stop without going through the winding hallway. Though we didn't have any children/strollers in our party, which could add another dimension to it.

Q: what food delivery service is everybody using? We are thinking of uber/ lyft for our next trip and ordering some groceries on-line instead of stopping.
What did you end up using? We arrive in a few weeks and I was thinking about prime now. My issue looking at the webpage is that they have no cases of water. However, I am wondering if that’s a supply issue due to Dorian.

I do t remember the PX having big cases

Does anyone know if the buses are running with the current early early morning times?

Does anyone know if the buses are running with the current early early morning times?

It looks like they should be. On their transport page (https://www.shadesofgreen.org/experiences/bus-schedule), if you follow the link for each park's subpage, they will show you the current/next week schedule. And the HS page lists the 6-9 AM EMH, so I'd expect the first SOG bus to leave the hotel at 5:15.

https://www.shadesofgreen.org/experiences/bus-schedule/disneys-hollywood-studios-bus-schedule

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter