Sharps Container?

happymommy

DIS Veteran
My youngest (the one with multiple health issues) started on a medicine that needs to be injected weekly just this December.

He will only have to give himself one shot over our next trip, but I was wondering if housekeeping has sharps containers? I know the other option is to go to first aid to do it, then use theirs (I assume they have them).

We definitely wouldn't put the used needle directly in the trash, even though it has a cover!

Thanks!

I have heard they do if you ask. The few times I have used a syringe at Disney I just recapped it and then brought it to the parks with me and though it away in the bathroom sharp container ( all the bathrooms have one even the bathrooms at the hotel lobby)

I didn't think to do that, thanks! That would be the easiest thing to do!
I have not done it ( just read somewhere they do and just did a quick look and could not find it) but for one syringe I would just recap it and take it to a sharps container

They will provide sharps containers for your room on request. Just contact Housekeeping when you get there.
It is a safety thing for Housekeeping - if they provide an appropriate container, they don’t have to worry about people disposing of sharps in containers that are not appropriate.

All restrooms in parks and resorts have sharps containers. You might occasionally find one that is full, but in general, you won’t have trouble finding one anywhere.
For a single shot during your stay, the easiest might be to just take it to a restroom at your resort and dispose of it there.

Hubby has Type II diabetes and we have gotten the sharps container from housekeeping on several occasions. The last time however he just decided to take his collected needles and dispose of them in the men's room located by the lobby.

I take 5 shots of insulin a day. I have a small sharps in my car, a large one at home and have a sharps shuttle that stays in my bag until I can safely dispose of my needles. The shuttle is small and keeps everyone safe until you get to a sharps box.

The newly remodeled rooms at Pop had sharps containers mounted in the bathroom, at least in the accessible one.

Whenever I travel I just clip my needles (well I actually clip them at home too) with this little device then re-cap and bring them home to my sharps container.

House keeping will give you one. HOWEVER, do NOT expect them to be quick about it! Be persistent. I had to call 3 times, and actually had to finally go to the front desk to get one handed to me. I am a nurse and was freaked out by the whole experience. I had to use an Epi-Pen on one of my trips and with the "generic" Epi-Pens the needle does not retract into the device and you cannot recap the needle. So I had an uncapped needle in my room for 24 hours while trying to get a sharps container. I was NOT about to bring it out of the room to a public bathroom to dispose of. I ended up locking it in the safe until I finally picked up the sharps container from the front desk. Very annoying! Once I finally went to the front desk, they handed one over no problem!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter