Shocked with crowds last week.

We were there last week as well. We typically go the week before Thanksgiving or end of April. I have always been a diehard Disney World fan, unfortunately this trip left a bad taste in my mouth. We are from Louisiana so we expected the Mardi Gras crowds but it was more rude foreigners that we ran into more than anything. I was disappointed in the cast members as well, I can count on one hand the cast members that were happy and friendly. I feel like Disney has over marketed themselves. It seems like every weekend there is some type of event to keep the crowds coming in. My daughter will be 6 in April and this was her 4th trip, we told her that we probably would not be back for 10 years, the magic was definitely missing from this trip.

We were there from 2/13-2/16. I had been expecting high crowds from reading this forum but I was shocked. We'd been once before and I looked it up and the crowd levels during that time were 3-5. There were so many people and so many lines. Even our lowest crowd day (7 at Hollywood studios) we got a back row seat at the Indiana jones show after showing up 20 minutes early! I didn't even think we would get in. We managed to get everything we wanted done without waiting to long (my son can't really do lines) but it was exhausting because we found it better to shut down a park so every night my four and eight year old were exhausted but that was the only way to avoid waiting 2 hours to ride rides. We rope dropped twice and got on the first ride right away each time but by the time we made it to the second ride the lines were already ridiculously long. And we had better luck than another family we knew who went to magic kingdom 2/16 and waited an hour a piece for their splash and space fastpasses! We will probably only be back if it is a guaranteed low crowd situation (Disney after hours or one of the parties) we're not big crowd people.

Anyone have any reports on crowds today or yesterday? I'm interested in how President's Day weekend being over has effected crowds.

Anyone have any reports on crowds today or yesterday? I'm interested in how President's Day weekend being over has effected crowds.

I don't have a great point of comparison since we don't come here often. But my impression is that the walkways/restaurants/shops haven't actually been too crazy. They've been easy to navigate. But the lines for pretty much every ride seem pretty long. Things that people historically say should be a relatively short wait are 30-60 minutes, minimum. This seems to be because a lot of the headliners have gone down and nobody has anything else to do to kill time.

We have been at MK yesterday and today, it felt very crowded but I think it was skewed by the number of ride closures making it feel worse than on a normal day

But my impression is that the walkways/restaurants/shops haven't actually been too crazy. They've been easy to navigate.

FWIW, when we were at MK on February 8th, I went to purchase fudge from the candy shop on Main Street. As I went to get in line, I noticed that the line extended from the fudge counter across the store to the side entrance! I gave up and left.

There was also one gift shop where the CM appologized to me for the wait. I'm trying to remember which one it was, but I can't remember.

I was there 2/8-2/14 (cheer comp) and then 2/16-2/21 (gymnastics comp). 2/8-2/14 was much better than 2/16-2/21 but I expected that due to Presidents Day weekend. The main difference was honestly the fastpass return times. The first trip we would be on in 5-10 min easy. The second trip most fast pass waits were 30 minutes min. We are pretty well versed in park touring so the crowds didn't really affect our overall enjoyment. All I can say is refresh is your friend. The sunday of Presidents weekends we got same day fastpasses for Seven Dwarves, two for space and two for thunder. I think all in all we used 9 fastpasses from 11 AM - 11 PM. All of those headliners didn't show up until refreshing at least 5 to 10 times. Also using mobile ordering for the first time was a life saver!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter