Shop the Block 2019 -Bonus miles are POSTING NOW!

We just finished 5. Didn’t think we would get there But I’m worried about two

ones that seem to have worked
1) sobeys showed shop the block on the receipt. we spend at least 50 every week. one has to work!
2) Safeway showed shop the block on the receipt
3) jiffy lube already posted in transactions!

ones I’m not sure
4) shell. Went twice. First time coupon wouldn’t scan and did online chat who stated they added it. Went again another time and scanned the coupon but forgot to check receipt. both have posted the base miles but not the bonus offers.
5) amazon via airmiles shop. Just spent 100$ after going through airmilesshop website. Didn’t show any record on invoice. I’ve never done airmiles shop before So not sure how that works.
amazon will be a great reward if it worked. 50am for shop the block, 5x AM, and 20x airmiles. Should be about 200 AM!
i did it from my iPad but tempted to cancel it and go through a computer as I can see the chrome extension.
hoping it all works out!

ones that seem to have worked
1) sobeys showed shop the block on the receipt. we spend at least 50 every week. one has to work!
2) Safeway showed shop the block on the receipt
3) jiffy lube already posted in transactions!

ones I’m not sure
4) shell. Went twice. First time coupon wouldn’t scan and did online chat who stated they added it. Went again another time and scanned the coupon but forgot to check receipt. both have posted the base miles but not the bonus offers.
5) amazon via airmiles shop. Just spent 100$ after going through airmilesshop website. Didn’t show any record on invoice. I’ve never done airmiles shop before So not sure how that works.
amazon will be a great reward if it worked. 50am for shop the block, 5x AM, and 20x airmiles. Should be about 200 AM!
i did it from my iPad but tempted to cancel it and go through a computer as I can see the chrome extension.
hoping it all works out!
Did you opt in to do the Shell or use the coupon in store. If you went inside to pay for your gas it didn't work. The words "5 Miles - Shop the Block Fuel Offer" should show up on your receipt. You should received an automatic 6 AM for the fill up if it works. If you opted in you won't know for sure until very late in the promotion as Shell waits to post those who opted in until later.

You've still got time, what city do you live in? If it's Ottawa I can highly recommend a station that will definitely work for you.

Can't help you with Airmiles shops but @Donald - my hero will help when she gets home.

Did you opt in to do the Shell or use the coupon in store. If you went inside to pay for your gas it didn't work. The words "5 Miles - Shop the Block Fuel Offer" should show up on your receipt. You should received an automatic 6 AM for the fill up if it works. If you opted in you won't know for sure until very late in the promotion as Shell waits to post those who opted in until later.

You've still got time, what city do you live in? If it's Ottawa I can highly recommend a station that will definitely work for you.

Can't help you with Airmiles shops but @Donald - my hero will help when she gets home.
Thanks for the advice. I remember at the time looking at the receipt and thinking it was fine but silly me I can’t find it and now paranoid haha. I opted in on my account but also scanned in at the store.

We’re in Edmonton. Plenty of shells but nothing super close to the house so it has to be a special trip. I should be able to make it one more time to try again and make sure it goes through.

I'm going crazy. I'm trying to place a Staples order online (went through airmilesshops) to be DELIVERED, not picked up in-store. Only because an item I want to purchase the store only has one in stock but there's multiple online. Their system will not let me choose a delivery option. It's insisting on in-store pick up. Do I not get a choice? Hmm... maybe I should try pick-up at a different location.

Grr... no matter what store I pick, it says only 1 in stock. In the check-out it shows that all the items are available online and ready for delivery, but I can't make it choose "delivery for free"

Last edited:

hoping it all works out!
Just to help with a bit of your concerns - check post # 7 on the first page to compare how your coupons are posting to what others have reported. Specifically for you
Shell-- the code should show on the receipt and it will be clearly posted with StB notation so if you're not seeing this, better go back and either fill up again or spend $10 in store

Amazon - it's not one of the stores that's specifically connected to the Chrome Extension so it doesn't matter if you shopped from your iPad. Here's the difference you'll see :
first if you go to Amazon and hover your mouse over the little Airmiles symbol you'll see this
click on it and you'll see this
But when you go to Old Navy, which is connected, hover your mouse and again see that it has access but you'll see this when you actually click on it

If you look at my post back a page you'll see how the miles will post, reference I spent $156 before tax so working off $140 for the miles.

I just updated post #7 with all of the reported receipt codes and account posting information. Please take a quick glance and let me know if you have anything that can be added, it's nice to have that list handy for others to confirm their coupons have either worked or failed. Thanks!

Thanks Jaqueline. I guess I’ll just wait for amazon to post and see. I’m gonna head back to shell today while daughter is in kinder and spend the 10$ in store Just to be safe. I found my receipt from shell and nothing on there from STB. It says 6AM but I also got something in store that gave 5 bonus AM. Oh well.

Thanks Jaqueline. I guess I’ll just wait for amazon to post and see. I’m gonna head back to shell today while daughter is in kinder and spend the 10$ in store Just to be safe. I found my receipt from shell and nothing on there from STB. It says 6AM but I also got something in store that gave 5 bonus AM. Oh well.
Your Amazon miles should post the day you get the shipping email notification and be backdated to your transaction date.

"Cannot be combined with any other AIR MILES store wide coupon" seems to indicate no STB for this one though. :(

It always works for me,,just ask the cashier to please scan all your coupons.
Both Rexall spend 50.00 get 100 airmiles coupons I have have two different bar codes.
Regards
Mel

Last edited:
OK, so for our StB hunters who don't follow along with the regular Airmiles discussion thread here's the link to the post with all the information on how to turn EVERY $50 transaction into 220 miles this will ONLY work tomorrow, so get your lists ready, pack a healthy dose of patience, carry a calculator of some kind (phone works well!), a snack, your water bottle (maybe spike it!) and leave people who don't get how serious this can be at home:rotfl2:
If you are doing the vitamins in the flyer (bogo 50% plus 50 miles for every $50) you have my blessings!
You can find the post HERE

I'm going crazy. I'm trying to place a Staples order online (went through airmilesshops) to be DELIVERED, not picked up in-store. Only because an item I want to purchase the store only has one in stock but there's multiple online. Their system will not let me choose a delivery option. It's insisting on in-store pick up. Do I not get a choice? Hmm... maybe I should try pick-up at a different location.

Grr... no matter what store I pick, it says only 1 in stock. In the check-out it shows that all the items are available online and ready for delivery, but I can't make it choose "delivery for free"

The shipping option didn't appear for me until I was checking out. I put in the shipping address at that point.

It's almost like a Blue Friday tomorrow at Rexall. We'll need to come up with a name for the triple dip days.

I've got my list prepared and looks like I'll be able to do 2 shops. One on DS card and one on mine.

My in-laws are all set to drive across town to the Rexall I shop at so they can successfully triple dip. FIL went to his local Metro the other day and they told him a pizza and roast chicken would not qualify for StB. I informed him that it should have so now he's travelling to my tried and true stores for his StB purchases.

Know when you get something poking at back of your brain because it just doesn't quite add up?? Yeah, I knew something was off with my Amazon miles from Black Friday and I just tracked down the problem and I'm ticked that it means yet ANOTHER chat with Airmiles. I placed my order on Friday -- you know, it took forever to actually work at 1:08 am but they posted the transaction as happening on THURSDAY so i only got the 10X sitewide bonus not the 20X urgh! That means they owe me another 63 miles i HATE policing them 😡🤬🤬

My Indigo order of $100 in gift cards posted but the base miles says only 4. Shouldn’t it be 5? With the bonus miles it’s 116 miles total 36 for the 10x and 76 for the 20x.
. Does this sound right?

My Indigo order of $100 in gift cards posted but the base miles says only 4. Shouldn’t it be 5? With the bonus miles it’s 116 miles total 36 for the 10x and 76 for the 20x.
. Does this sound right?
This happened to me last year. Once the bigger bonus was posted (and was wrong) I had to go back and prove my Indigo order, have them credit the missing mile and then adjust the bonuses that were also wrong (a multiplier and the promo bonus). It was super annoying

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter