Shop the Block 2019 -Bonus miles are POSTING NOW!

@pigletto, If you regularly shop at any of the partner stores, go in and pick up one of their GC. Charge that to your BMO CC to get up and over the $350 threshold. I know spend in GC is unnecessary but if its a store you shop at anyway it's just a timing thing.

For those who shopped IGA in Quebec or New Brunswick, my StB +5AM just posted (took a while) but it posted as Shop the Block so that one is solidly done.

Arrrgh....................... missed out on the Jiffy Lube (ended yesterday Dec 15) .....
I am planning on doing the Metro catering for a work function,,I ordered a fruit platter/Pumpernickel and spinach dip.....order came to 24.98......double dang ,,I am going to try and buy some fruit dip or extra bread to up the cost a bit.
Both of these shops are for my sons card.
I have 5 and figured why not try for 7 ,,,,but now I will be short one,,,,,,,,ah back to the STB chart.Sigh!!

Edited : Change in plan
Office Managers are now getting wine and not Starbucks gift cards,,two bottles of Henry Pelham Riesling Wine.
Ran out tonight and bought the wine--#6 done on son's card.

Hugs
Mel

Last edited:
@pigletto, If you regularly shop at any of the partner stores, go in and pick up one of their GC. Charge that to your BMO CC to get up and over the $350 threshold. I know spend in GC is unnecessary but if its a store you shop at anyway it's just a timing thing.
Thank you , that’s a great idea.! I will pick up some more Sobey’s cards and use them at Freshco. I bought a months worth for the bonus miles last week , but getting $200 more will put me over the threshold and we will easily use them all for the January/February grocery budget.

Current status on the cards in the Duck's house:
Main card:

1. Mastercard - almost finished - this has been hard because most "partner" stores we shop at give us the 1 mile/$5 with our AMEX so it's only Rexall for this. I'll pick up a gift card for our son & his wife since they just bought a new house I think Pizza sounds perfect!
  2. Foodland Threshold - done & posted
  3. Rexall -done & posted
  4. Online -done & posted
  5. Shell done yesterday not posted yet
  6. Sobey's thanks to a kind hearted Diser
  7. and last safeway from yet another helpful hunter
Secondary card -- a little tighter here!
  1. Online - done & posted incorrectly, i'll be following up once they big bonus posts next year
  2. Rexall - done & posted
  3. Shell -done yesterday, not posted yet
  4. LCBO sometime this week to buy some wine for my mom (don't normally get her anything buy she forgot that and grabbed us even MORE Disney GC, so I'll use some cash miles!)
  5. Sobey's thanks to a gracious hunter
  6. ???not sure
  7. ??again, haven't a clue!

I'm up to 3
1. IGA
2. Shell
3. Safeway
4.Tried online but it doesn't seem to have the shop the block miles posted so I think I missed out!
I should be able to get 2 more when I get to the city (over an hour drive away)
4. Rexall
5. Sobeys
Now I think I'm stalled out. Any ideas on how I can get the last 2? I am in Alberta so we don't have some of the partners so it is making it tough!

I'm up to 3
1. IGA
2. Shell
3. Safeway
4.Tried online but it doesn't seem to have the shop the block miles posted so I think I missed out!
I should be able to get 2 more when I get to the city (over an hour drive away)
4. Rexall
5. Sobeys
Now I think I'm stalled out. Any ideas on how I can get the last 2? I am in Alberta so we don't have some of the partners so it is making it tough!
Rexall STB ended on Sunday. Have you done the Hudson’s bay point convert (You don’t have to buy anything) or Rewarding your opinions survey? Order some personalized Xmas ornaments from staples (have to spend $40) I am in Alberta too and 2 hours away from most stores, it’s a challenge for sure.

Well this STB is not going so good for me.

I dont know if it is the lack of incentive (1,200AM max bonus) or what but I missed the Rexall shop deadline and I just cannot seem to get motivated.

I have only done the Sobeys shop and that is because I shop there on a regular basis

I opted in for Shell and plan to do the in store purchase but have not had the time to do it

Gosh, I dont mean to grumble but it just seems really hard for me this year without going out of my way

I do have a quick question about Metro-I see some of you have ordered from the Fresh to Go menu but I also think I read that some of you used the STB coupon on the hot foods that are already prepared and ready for anyone to pick up-is that correct?

Yes, your experience may vary however. There have been reports of cashiers not allowing the coupon to be used. My suggestion would be to ask them to scan the coupon anyway and see what happens.

I picked up roast chicken and pizza on two separate occasions. Others have used it for the Fresh to Go salads, fries, subs etc. Report back how it goes.

I've done the pre-made pasta/lunches, etc at Metro a couple of times now - and once I did the chicken deal (chicken, fries, salad) and added one other thing with the fresh to go sticker. I had no problem any of those times, I've gotten at least 3 uses out of that coupon, and tasty food too :)

So I did a last minute shop at Chapters on Dec 16 to get the bonus air miles and I was worried because it is being shipping in 3 shipments. I am happy to report that I got my both my regular and 5x & 10x bonus miles and they are for the $100 shop so another one off the STB list.
My card 6 done just have to go to Shell.
My Mom's card 3 done - my sister has to do Metro and I will do both Sobeys and Foodland for her and I guess we will have to do LCBO for the 7th because we can't get that close and not make it. Or I can send my sister the list for the LCBO and she can shop there herself.

For my husband's air miles I picked up sliced cheeses and pizza dough and used the Metro STB catering coupon. The Cashier hesitated to use it but I pointed out the coupon specified Fresh2Go and showed her the items I purchased all had Fresh2Go labels on them. Then she rang it in.

Thanks for all the feedback about the Metro Fresh to Go everyone!

For my husband's air miles I picked up sliced cheeses and pizza dough and used the Metro STB catering coupon. The Cashier hesitated to use it but I pointed out the coupon specified Fresh2Go and showed her the items I purchased all had Fresh2Go labels on them. Then she rang it in.

This is a great tip, thank you. I hope I wont have to fight for it but if I do this is an excellent point.

I need another STB :sad:. I didn't read the BMO offer correctly and therefore didn't hit the spending threshold at partner stores. I just hit the threshold. Totally my fault and I could have actually done it with partner spending but it isn't our everyday card so I didn't use it. :guilty:
I have to figure out one more offer for my husbands card now, and I can't see a thing that won't be just spending money to get points. Sigh.
Could you buy some grocery gift cards to make the MasterCard threshold? I bought $700 worth of Disney gift cards from Metro for that one. It was very convenient that I was going to owe approx $600 CAD for my resort room.

I’ve got StB completed on my card and still need one more for DD’s card. I’m debating the Samsung sign up or wine from LCBO. The thing is none of the wine on the list is appealing to me...I could gift it or cook with it :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter