• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Shop the Block 2019 -Bonus miles are POSTING NOW!

Ok gang, I really hate to do this but The Duck is coming in on bended knee, begging for some help. My body has decided this a perfect time to give out on me -- gastritis attack & bursitis in both shoulders have agreed that I need to slow down (doesn't seem to matter that i don't have the time to do that!)
Main card is done and except for the online shopping & MasterCard, all the miles have posted to my account.I'm not worrying about those last two because those coupons NEVER post until after the promo ends.

Secondary card is what i need help with, if anyone has the chance to do one coupon for me I would be over the moon happy and extremely appreciative!
Here's what I've managed to complete and again, all but the online have already posted

1. Rexall
  2. Shell
  3. Online Shopping (split but i know i can fight that and it will work out)
  4. Sobey's -thanks to a very generous fellow hunter
  5. LCBO - thanks to my mom getting us extra Disney cards and my desire to thank her (helps that i had more than enough cash miles :P )
  6. Metro - ordering food for Christmas thanks to my stupid tummy, if i can't eat much I HATE cooking for everyone else!
  7. AND i have no idea what to do for this one :(
I feel terrible asking for help since I've already had 2 of you help me to complete the main card and then the one Sobeys trip on this card. I didn't think I would even get 3 offers done on this card but surprised myself.
I think I can help you out with either a Foodland or a Jean Coutu. Would that work for you?

My Mom's Samsung Pay miles posted, but only 25 of the 100. Can/should she contact live chat now and get the other 75? I have no idea why she only got 25.
This is my experience as well. I am going to wait a bit and then do a claim if the 100 AM is still not posted later.

Add me to the list. Looks like Standard Operating Procedure. :rolleyes2

Quick comments here that have popped up in my mind -- no order because my mind is muddled tonight!

• Only a few more days left in this promo, time to check your list and make sure you're done
  • Find a place to keep your receipts
  • Even if miles have posted to your account you STILL need to keep your receipts in case you don't get credited properly
  • If something hasn't posted properly (samsung is causing issues) you can contact them if you want BUT realize you could end up dealing with a by-the-book agent who will tell you to wait the 120 days, your choice!
  • Online shopping *coupon* NEVER posts until after the promo ends, last year it didn't post until January 22nd

Sorry I cannot help you this year @Donald - my hero ! This promo should have been super easy for me but late Nov/early Dec was super busy and I messed up 3 coupons (rookie mistakes). That means I still need to do 3 offers for DH's card!!! I should drive to ON but I have no energy to drive the 2h both ways so I'm trying to figure out what I should do...

Anyone else received a total for their BMO offer that is way off? I thought I had my 350$ but the e-mail says I only collected 202$ as of Dec 9th (I didn't do any big AM shops since that date). I'm freaking out a little... Maybe they didn't tallied my purchases at Foodland since it's out of province?!?

Also, I read the back of the Staples coupon and I don't think my online purchase at Staples can count for two coupons (Staples and Airmileshops). To be sure, I will count this purchase as 1, not 2 offers.

Last edited:
Would any one happen to know the least expensive option for the LCBO coupon? It does not really matter if it is wine or spirits, just the least expensive. I am breaking my own rules and making an un needed purchase to try and finish STB

Would any one happen to know the least expensive option for the LCBO coupon? It does not really matter if it is wine or spirits, just the least expensive. I am breaking my own rules and making an un needed purchase to try and finish STB
Hi Hon
The wine is the cheapest
I bought the Henry Of Pelham wine at 14.95 each x 2
You can check prices here.
https://www.lcbo.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/en/lcbo
Jacob's Creek Reserve Chardonnay Adelaide Hills

Jacob's Creek Reserve Shiraz

750 mL bottle | LCBO#: 665471
$17.95
Airmiles
10 Bonus AIR MILES®

Hugs
Mel

Last edited:

The offers with 16 bonus AM are the cheapest. You have to buy the two bottles specified in the coupon. They range from $14 to $18 each.

Updated:
Cheapest combo is this one
$11.45 and $13.95

Sorry I cannot help you this year @Donald - my hero ! This promo should have been super easy for me but late Nov/early Dec was super busy and I messed up 3 coupons (rookie mistakes). That means I still need to do 3 offers for DH's card!!! I should drive to ON but I have no energy to drive the 2h both ways so I'm trying to figure out what I should do...

Anyone else received a total for their BMO offer that is way off? I thought I had my 350$ but the e-mail says I only collected 202$ as of Dec 9th (I didn't do any big AM shops since that date). I'm freaking out a little... Maybe they didn't tallied my purchases at Sobeys/Foodland since it's out of province and on DH AM card?!?

Also, I read the back of the Staples coupon and I don't think my online purchase at Staples can count for two coupons (Staples and Airmileshops). To be sure, I will count this purchase as 1, not 2 offers.
Do you live in the province of Quebec? If so you can still do Nickels Restaurant, Jean Coutu, Tradition, IGA Express, IGA, and Shell, if you have not done them already?

Anyone else received a total for their BMO offer that is way off? I thought I had my 350$ but the e-mail says I only collected 202$ as of Dec 9th (I didn't do any big AM shops since that date). I'm freaking out a little... Maybe they didn't tallied my purchases at Sobeys/Foodland since it's out of province and on DH AM card?!?

Hi Isabella
I am picking up a small gift basket at Metro tomorrow,,(spend $20.00 or more get 25 airmiles)
would a Metro spend help?
Hugs
Mel

Last edited:
Do you live in the province of Quebec? If so you can still do Nickels Restaurant, Jean Coutu, Tradition, IGA Express, IGA, and Shell, if you have not done them already?

No time/budget left to go to Nickels (and by experience they never post correctly and no coupon per se for this offer so I don't trust it), did IGA Express, messed up IGA (realized yesterday I used the coupon one day late and the only coupon left for IGA is the online order with high threshold), Shell is done and will do Jean Coutu later today with Rachelle Bery. Traditions is an option but none are close.

Hi Isabella
I am picking up a small gift basket at Metro tomorrow,,(spend $20.00 or more get 25 airmiles)
would a Metro spend help?
Hugs
Mel

That would be AWESOME!! MERCI Mel!!! I will send you DH's card by pm.

No time/budget left to go to Nickels (and by experience they never post correctly and no coupon per se for this offer so I don't trust it), did IGA Express, messed up IGA (realized yesterday I used the coupon one day late and the only coupon left for IGA is the online order with high threshold), Shell is done and will do Jean Coutu later today with Rachelle Bery. Traditions is an option but none are close.

That would be AWESOME!! MERCI Mel!!! I will send you DH's card by pm.

Perfect!
Edited: All done receipt sent via PM.
Hugs
Mel

Last edited:
Thanks so much @bababear_50 and @AngelDisney for your quick answers!

Now I am going to try and find them in store LOL-that should be fun!
That's the kind we bought for my mom! No clue if it's good or not but it was the cheapest! Go online and find a store that actually has it in stock before you head out to buy it -- out of the 4 in our city only 1 had BOTH types.

It's from Chile, so don't wander around the store like we did FOREVER! Just head to that section :P The labels are really clear and have the exact product code that's on the coupon

Bottle ONE
Bottle TWO

When you get to the product pages use this box to find a store that stocks it, select All Stores and a list of every store in the province that has it in stock will pop up.

I just filtered it alphabetically by clicking the arrow on the top left of the results, click it once and it shows A-Z

Don't worry about it, someone is helping me out!

For the MasterCard offer - we had the same issue pop up last promo, the numbers were waaaay off. Why not access your account online and just look to see what you've done, super easy. Hubby keeps a very close eye on our accounts to make sure nothing slips in by mistake!

About the Staples offer -- DANG, good eye there on the fine print but I'm not 100% sure how to take that. Might be for in store that it won't combine because there is zero way for them to tell if you used the portal or not -- most stores that are in that list have NO IDEA!!! I would be fighting it at the end if I wasn't credited and focus on the online portion ONLY, ignoring the Staples offer in my chat

It's from Chile, so don't wander around the store like we did FOREVER! Just head to that section :P The labels are really clear and have the exact product code that's on the coupon

Bottle ONE
Bottle TWO

When you get to the product pages use this box to find a store that stocks it, select All Stores and a list of every store in the province that has it in stock will pop up.
View attachment 460073

I just filtered it alphabetically by clicking the arrow on the top left of the results, click it once and it shows A-Z

Oh thank you, I had not thought about looking at the origin country to help me find it quicker in store, great idea! I am sure it will be crazy busy in there!

Thanks to our dear Mel @bababear_50 , I am finally done! As I wrote earlier, I really messed up this year but luckily, she was able to save me a long drive for the last coupon I needed.

My card:
1- IGA
2- Jean Coutu (posted)
3- Shell (posted)
4- Airmilesshops.ca at well.ca Posted but I am missing 1 AM so the coupon won't be triggered. Will have to chase.
5- Foodland (posted)
6- BMO
7- IGA Express
8- Rachelle-Béry (did purchase today)

DH's card:
1- IGA Express
2- Shell (posted)
3- Bureau en Gros/airmilesshops (base miles and 20X posted but no coupon AM from either) -- counting as 1 offer because of conditions behind the Staples coupon
4- Foodland (posted)
5- Rachelle-Béry (did purchase today)
6- Jean Coutu (did purchase today)
7- Metro (kindly offered by Mel)

ALWAYS check your receipt for the coupon code. Luckily, I was paranoid earlier today and checked before leaving Rachelle-Béry because the coupon was NOT on DH's receipt but was on mine. Asked DH and kids to wait next to the exit, waited the long line to return some products and re-purchased them. This time the coupon was on the receipt. Of course it had to be on the card I have the most difficult time to do this year!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter