Shopkicks tips

I recently got my first pay out from iBotta for $25 Target card and the card didn’t work. It has two rows of numbers I needed to use it but was missing something. On targets end they could see the $ on the card but it wouldn’t let us apply it. Target gave us the $25 off but I think I’ll do the pay pal option going forward bc of this. Anyone else have this issue?

Am I understanding correctly that people are breaking up large Target purchases into 2 transactions and submitting both receipts to Shopkicks? Curious because we are loading up on Disney GC’s and we’ve been buying one each visit with our Red card. We each submitted separate receipts from Target purchases that were made the same day and we both were denied the points.

What's the benefit of breaking up an order into 2 transactions for 2 receipts to submit?

What's the benefit of breaking up an order into 2 transactions for 2 receipts to submit?

You can get up 200 kicks this way in a day. If you spend $200 at Target and do one transaction you get 100 kicks. If you do 2 transactions of $100 you get 200 kicks.

You can get up 200 kicks this way in a day. If you spend $200 at Target and do one transaction you get 100 kicks. If you do 2 transactions of $100 you get 200 kicks.

So there's a $100 limit per day on the kicks you can get through submitting receipts? Is that for all of the stores?

So there's a $100 limit per day on the kicks you can get through submitting receipts? Is that for all of the stores?
$1 =1 kick at Target and Walmart in my area right now. It sounds like the Target limit is two $100 receipts in one day. The “rules” aren’t clear on shopkick and don’t seem to be fully written out anywhere online so is thread had been a great help!

$1 =1 kick at Target and Walmart in my area right now. It sounds like the Target limit is two $100 receipts in one day. The “rules” aren’t clear on shopkick and don’t seem to be fully written out anywhere online so is thread had been a great help!

I know! Sometimes I think they are just making it up as they go along! I've tried finding answers to my questions (I like to know the "rules"), but they are hard to find!

One thing I learned this weekend is that if they say "extra kicks this weekend" (I'll see this on Friday on their Facebook page), the extra kicks are only there on Saturday, not Sunday!

I know! Sometimes I think they are just making it up as they go along! I've tried finding answers to my questions (I like to know the "rules"), but they are hard to find!

One thing I learned this weekend is that if they say "extra kicks this weekend" (I'll see this on Friday on their Facebook page), the extra kicks are only there on Saturday, not Sunday!

Ha! That “rule” was just for this weekend with TJMAXX. The previous weekend the extra walk in kicks were for 2 days! The Facebook posts have been helpful in knowing what will happen over the weekends.

Is there any trick to scanning stuff? I've been able to get my walk-ins ok but I have had no luck scanning anything in the stores :(

On another note, I cash out on ibotta via Venmo with no issues. I used to get gift cards when they had smaller denominations- I never had any issues- but now I just stick to straight cash back.

Is there any trick to scanning stuff? I've been able to get my walk-ins ok but I have had no luck scanning anything in the stores :(

On another note, I cash out on ibotta via Venmo with no issues. I used to get gift cards when they had smaller denominations- I never had any issues- but now I just stick to straight cash back.
The scan should be straightforward if your are scanning the same item as in the picture? I only have issues if it is something else (wrong size, flavor, whatever).

Eeeeeeeeek the $1/1 kick is gone in my area for target and Walmart ☹️. Anybody been doing shopkicks for awhile know any patterns with that? Does it come and go every few months? I’m bummed.

Eeeeeeeeek the $1/1 kick is gone in my area for target and Walmart ☹️. Anybody been doing shopkicks for awhile know any patterns with that? Does it come and go every few months? I’m bummed.
Pretty sure this is a new add to the app. Maybe there is a monthly cutoff? Check again in Feb?

No problems unless I don't have good internet connection. I do most of my scans at target. A lot of their stuff you can scan the barcode on the shelf price instead of dealing with the actual product. If you get the can't find barcode then you need the actual product. It's helpful when it's out of stock or it's busy and I don't want to be obvious.

No problems unless I don't have good internet connection. I do most of my scans at target. A lot of their stuff you can scan the barcode on the shelf price instead of dealing with the actual product. If you get the can't find barcode then you need the actual product. It's helpful when it's out of stock or it's busy and I don't want to be obvious.
I tried this at Best Buy and Walmart, it didn’t work, I had to find the actual item. Will have to try Target!

How do I earn kicks for visiting online stores?
If an online store has kicks for visits available, the visit icon will appear in blue wherever you see the store in the app. To earn your kicks for visiting, tap on the “shop” button and kicks will be awarded as you visit the online store.

Check this out! I just got 5 kicks for going into the Groupon on-line shop! It had a blue eye that said "views" that I tapped. Unfortunately Groupon is the only one with "visit" or "view" available, but now I know to look out for it!

There are some tricks to cut down on time wasted going from store to store for walk-in and scans. A lot of times, I find that I don't have to actually walk in to a store to get the walk-in kicks; it's enough to walk, drive or park nearby. Also, when I'm at a big store like Target, which carries a lot of variety of goods that you can also find in other stores (e.g., apparel, groceries, drinks, pharmacy, electronics, cosmetics, etc.), I'll scan the items for Target, then look at the list of other nearby stores (e.g., drug stores, grocery stores, department stores) for their scannable items, and if Target has it, I'll just scan it there. You can trick the app's geolocation down to within 1 mile, so it'll credit you kicks for scanning a CVS item at Target if the stores are less than a mile apart. Of course, it helps if you're in a densely populated area with a lot of businesses close to each other.
Oo, I didn’t know you could scan items for one store in another store and it would work. There is a Walgreens and a CVS right across the street from each other near my office; now I’ll just go into one of them and try scanning all the items for both!

Maybe it's already been mentioned on this forum, but I also downloaded the Fetch Rewards app. I just started doing it around Christmas time casually, and got enough points for $10 in Walmart gift cards so far. I think you could also cash out for amazon gift cards, then maybe turn them into uber/southwest/starbucks, etc. that could be used on Disney trips? It's not much, but it's pretty easy to scan/verify much like ibotta:)
I downloaded Fetch Rewards recently as well. Seems pretty easy/straightforward so far. I like that you don’t have to select your products in advance or scan any actual product bar codes to verify items like you do with Ibotta. I pretty much stopped doing Ibotta because it was time consuming to either scroll through all the products or search for things I’d purchased, and sometimes I’d use the product and throw out the packaging before I got around to scanning the receipt so I wouldn’t get credit anyway. I like with Fetch that all I have to do is take a picture of my receipt, and I get 25pts just for doing that plus a bonus if I bought one of their featured brands/products.

I tried this at Best Buy and Walmart, it didn’t work, I had to find the actual item. Will have to try Target!

I've only done it at Target, it's where I get most of my kicks. I ran into a couple that were doing a shopkick date at Target and they told me. We helped each other find some things in the toys too. There's also brand issues sometimes, like it'll say it's for Edy's ice cream which is an east coast thing, in the west it's dreyer's, same brand they both work. Hellman's/Best Foods is that way too. I've noticed they aren't always good at using both brands in descriptions.

I've only done it at Target, it's where I get most of my kicks. I ran into a couple that were doing a shopkick date at Target and they told me. We helped each other find some things in the toys too. There's also brand issues sometimes, like it'll say it's for Edy's ice cream which is an east coast thing, in the west it's dreyer's, same brand they both work. Hellman's/Best Foods is that way too. I've noticed they aren't always good at using both brands in descriptions.
Ah, that’s interesting! I figured they would have the SKU for both in their system!

Ah, that’s interesting! I figured they would have the SKU for both in their system!

They do or they are the same, but Shopkick doesn't always make it obvious that both brands are the same and work depending on where in the country you are.

I downloaded Fetch Rewards recently as well. Seems pretty easy/straightforward so far. I like that you don’t have to select your products in advance or scan any actual product bar codes to verify items like you do with Ibotta. I pretty much stopped doing Ibotta because it was time consuming to either scroll through all the products or search for things I’d purchased, and sometimes I’d use the product and throw out the packaging before I got around to scanning the receipt so I wouldn’t get credit anyway. I like with Fetch that all I have to do is take a picture of my receipt, and I get 25pts just for doing that plus a bonus if I bought one of their featured brands/products.

Same here. I am liking Fetch Rewards more than Ibotta these days. Ibotta used to be much better with their "any brand" items, but those have decreased and been replaced with specialty brands that I don't use. I've completely given up on Checkout 51 because just using the app is so hard on the eyes.
Still using Receipt Hog because it's so easy.

Reactions: Ava

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter