Shrek mediocre at best

We loved it!!! And, We have seen all the Disney films up to this point... I was LOL so hard my daughter was upset with me... But, you had to have seen alot of old dinsey films to really understand! "Get the dead broad off the table".. LOL

My family liked it a lot, but I don't think it will have a lot of "shelf life." I don't think we'd buy the video. (I feel the same way about Emperor's New Groove.) I thought the Disney references were funny but not too obnoxious. ( The take on It's A Small World really killed me.)

A tip for those concerned about ratings--check out www.screenit.com, which lists in great specificity everything potentially offensive in new movies.

Another tip: to see a different vision of family animation, rent the Japanese films "My Neighbor Totoro" and "Kiki's Delivery Service," distributed by Disney. Another film by the same director, "Princess Mononoke," is also very good, but it is extremely violent--not for young kids.

**None of Dreamworks movies, including Shrek, can hold a candle to Disney's best**

Prince of Egypt's animation was the most awesome I've seen! Especially, the parting of the sea and the scene where Moses is dreaming and finds out what happened in the temple. I was amazed by the animation and absolutely loved it and so was my DH & DD!! I love art and was amazed by the animation. My daughter has all the Disney movies as well as Prince and Joseph.

She liked Shrek. My sis took her so I can't comment personally, but they liked it. Friends of mine thought it was totally hilarious.

I, too, get really upset when the movies are geared towards children, but contain offensive lanuage and such (ie, Ants - cuss word *ss, George of the Jungle *ss). Even the Grinch has some. Why? Why can't we take our children to the movies without worrying about the lanuage. It doesn't add a darned thing to the quality of the movie. OH, my DH always says "he/she owes me a dollar (for the cuss word) ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter