• 10/10 - 10/13

• 10/17 - 10/20

• 10/24 - 10/27

• 10/31 - 11/3

• 11/7 - 11/10

Results are only viewable after voting.

Brocktoon

21st Century Schizoid Man
For the past few years, the folks over on the Singles (and ex-singles) Social Club thread have organized an annual F&W meet. Basically if you're a like minded adult and want to find some other folks to hang out with at the F&W Fest or other activities (Jellyrolls, Boardwalk, DTD, late night at MK etc ...) this may be the time to drop by WDW for a visit. Pretty sure you don't have to be single, or solo ... just up for a good time

I'm attempting to list a poll the for various long weekends over F&W to gauge interest on when may be the best time to plan around.

NOTE: The F&W gets PACKED from Friday evening to Sunday afternoon. I'd advise to avoid the World Showcase at all costs during those times. Mondays - Thurs are typically the best (with Mondays tops), but early Friday is probably doable.

If anyone is interested, when are the preferred dates? (Multiple choices allowed):

EDIT: Added a roll call thread if folks are inclined to list when / where they plan to stay while at WDW

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278185

I think this is a great idea! One big problem with doing the F&W solo is that I have to stand in line for my food, THEN try to find a place to sit. When DH is with me, he can stand in line while I search around for a bench, standing table, curb, etc. I won't be solo in 2014 (actually this is the only year I won't be solo at the F&W), but voted for the week we'll be there anyways. It just dawned on me-is this meant for singles, or can married (but single travelers) join?

It just dawned on me-is this meant for singles, or can married (but single travelers) join?

That just ain't right to deny access to folks who don't have the luxury of being single ;) Seriously though, over the past meets we've had singles, solos without thier SOs, friends, couples, and even past singles who have met through these meets or the SSC thread, who are now couples! My retirement age parents have been known to drop by depending on what's going on (they loved hitting Jellyrolls)

I'd hate to speak for everybody, but I think the basic rule of thumb it's primarily going to be a bunch of adults having fun at WDW during F&W. This isn't Vegas ... it's still a fun WDW environment. I think it's pretty free-form, but atleast gives some folks an idea when other solo and adult DISers will be around to hang out together.

I'm planning on a late Oct solo trip. Hope we can get a meet together.

Hi, Everyone! I'm looking to meet new friends. I've already met some great people here on Disboards. :)

I'll be at WDW Oct. 22 - Nov. 2, 2014. For part of the time I already have plans with friends, but as of now, I still have some open days I can meet up with you guys and gals:

I plan to be at Jellyrolls evening of Wed., Oct 22. So far it looks like I'll be solo at Epcot during the day on Thurs., Oct. 23 (thinking of lunch at Coral Reef). At Hollywood Studios during the day on Fri., Oct. 24, and again on Sat., Nov. 1. Also planning on evening to watch the tap dancing show at Raglan Road on Sat., Nov. 1 (although I'll probably dine elsewhere first.) Will be at/near MK Oct. 27-28. I'll also be doing MNSSHP on an evening to be determined.

(My plans are subject to change because I'm waiting to see what days MNSSHP will be this year, so I may need to rearrange my schedule a bit. Also, for the actual Food and Wine Festival, I already had plans to see that with another friend, so I'm looking now for folks to do other things.)

But, if any of this looks like something some of you might like to meet up for, please let me know! (I'll be making my dining reservations on Apr. 25.) It would be nice to have company for Jellyrolls, MNSSHP, some meals, and/or at the parks, during the days I'm available. :) Also feel free to send me a PM.

Tentatively planning a solo trip down in October for mid-month. All depends on getting time off from TDS :( Last year was down in September but I definitely like F&W and it hadn't started yet. My plans are still fluid so hopefully I can meet up with some people!

This actually sounds pretty cool.

I am planning a solo weekend trip down to Orlando for the food and wine festival and HHN. I would love to be able to converse with like-minded individuals while i am there.

There are just a couple of days left until I make my dining reservations for October! If anyone would like to meet up for any of these meals (or if you'd like more info), would you please send me a PM by this Thursday, April 24, if possible, so I can include you in the dining reservations?

Oct. 24 (Friday) lunch at Sci Fi Dine In
Oct. 27 (Monday) lunch at Liberty Tree Tavern, dinner at Kona Café
Nov. 1 (Saturday) lunch at 50s Prime Time Café, dinner at T-Rex

Already meeting up with some great people for various other meals and hope to meet others for these!

I made a few ADRs this morning, as I will have various relatives around WDW while I'm down. Got everything I wanted without any issues. Trying for a BOG lunch FP for Friday 10/24. I was able to do that last year, so hopefully it works again. I don't usually finalize my schedule until the F&W calendar is released, as I tend to plan my trip around F&W. The only given is a F&W day on Monday 10/27, as Monday always works out as the best day to attack the kiosks. Right now it looks like I'll be at MK for the morning 10/24 though, have some Epcot area dinners booked with family members, but other than that it's wait on the F&W stuff. If I had to put a tentative plan together though:

10/23 - ??? w/ dinner at DTD
10/24 - MK and Epcot
10/25 - ???
10/26 - ???
10/27 - Epcot (maybe some HS?)
10/28 - AK / Epcot
10/29 - HS / Epcot
10/30 - MK / Epcot

Ok, decided to go with it and book a solo trip. I will be there the following days:

• Flying in 10/23. Will have the park hopper for that day/evening (5 day hopper)

• Leaving 10/28. Will not have the park hopper for that day
I am not sure yet where I will be staying. I've only stayed at the Grand Floridian, Yacht Club and Contemporary in the past but am thinking Caribbean Beach this time.

I look forward to meeting those of you who will be there then!!!:banana:

Susan

Ok, decided to go with it and book a solo trip. I will be there the following days:

• Flying in 10/23. Will have the park hopper for that day/evening (5 day hopper)

• Leaving 10/28. Will not have the park hopper for that day
I am not sure yet where I will be staying. I've only stayed at the Grand Floridian, Yacht Club and Contemporary in the past but am thinking Caribbean Beach this time.

Susan

Congrats on the booking! There should be at least a few of us DISers around during the time ... I know my trip overlaps as well.

I've heard really good things about Port Orleans for solo travelers. You may want to check in on the Singles Social Club thread for where to stay, but I seem to recall a lot of folks staying at French Quarter, Riverside, or POP for a value resort.

Hi SEAlla, I've stayed at all the moderates. Caribbean Beach is fun if you enjoy that type of theme, as I did, and the rooms there are larger than the other moderates, so I think it's a good choice to try at least once. :)

Hi SEAlla, I've stayed at all the moderates. Caribbean Beach is fun if you enjoy that type of theme, as I did, and the rooms there are larger than the other moderates, so I think it's a good choice to try at least once. :)

I've been thinking about trying CBR, but I heard that it is really spread out and a far walk to several of the buildings. What is your opinion?

I have stayed at CSR which is also kind of spread out but it didn't bother me.

Thanks in advance for feedback :goodvibes

I've been thinking about trying CBR, but I heard that it is really spread out and a far walk to several of the buildings. What is your opinion?

I have stayed at CSR which is also kind of spread out but it didn't bother me.

Thanks in advance for feedback :goodvibes

Hi want2bminnie, all the moderates except POFQ are really spread out and a far walk to some of the buildings. If you enjoy walking, this can be an advantage. Otherwise, you could request a room closer to the restaurant/lobby area, but that might cost extra.

Hello everyone! I'm planning my first solo trip to WDW for the last week of October (26th-1st). This will be my first for F&W and MNSSHP. I'd love to meet up with some people if our schedules work out. ;)

SEAlla said:

Flying in 10/23. Will have the park hopper for that day/evening (5 day hopper)

Leaving 10/28. Will not have the park hopper for that day

Susan

Welcome! I am doing my first solo trip too and our dates overlap. Will be there 10/20-10/26. I may have some friends come for a few days but mainly solo. I haven't stayed CBR ...I think my favorite moderate is POR. This time I am staying at SSR. Hopefully we can all cross paths! I know many of us will be there then!

This will be my second trip to Disney, my first solo:cheer2:. I will be there 9/30-10/10 and would love to meet fellow disers:flower3:

Will anyone still be there evening of Sat., Nov. 1? I'm planning on dinner at T-Rex and then hanging out at Raglan Road to watch the Irish tap dance show. Would anyone like to meet up for either or both?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter