Sister Wives

Apparently it doesn't just take two to tango, it now takes 5 to tango. But you know what, they have created their own dance. Why not give them their freedom to live as they please?

i agree. If we could all have this mentality instead of trying to decide for them if they are happy or whatever, this world would be a better place.

I can't believe they didn't take the daughter who fell off the horse to an MD. Maybe they are too far out to have medical facilities? Cody seemed more worried about getting back on the horse.

I couldn't believe they didn't take the daughter in for an x-ray and instead took her for an adjustment. I was stunned.

Does Kody's dad have ( or had) more than 2 wives? B/c they said that Kody's family made the decision to be poligs while he was on a mission trip( he looked like an older teen in the photo). And grandpa didn't marry Jenelle's mom until 18 years ago.
I felt bad for both the grandmas living all alone part time. Once their kids are grown, the sister wives are alone unless they live together.

I couldn't believe they didn't take the daughter in for an x-ray and instead took her for an adjustment. I was stunned.

I know. They should have called 911 immediately. Instead, they made her stand up. :sad2: She could have had a concussion, broken bone, etc. My Mother is an RN, she would NEVER do such an examine. She would refer her to a doctor.

I know. They should have called 911 immediately. Instead, they made her stand up. :sad2: She could have had a concussion, broken bone, etc. My Mother is an RN, she would NEVER do such an examine. She would refer her to a doctor.

What's even more scary is that there were how many adults in attendance and nobody thought she should go to the hospital for an x-ray or anything.

thats because one of the grandmas was once a nurse and she looked her over and decided she just needed an adjustment...huh?

Anybody watching Sister Wives tonight? Does Christine have a new haircut? Looks better this season!popcorn::

I watched. Kind of surprised at how unhappy everyone looked. I do agree that Christine is looking better.

Forgot they were on last night till I saw this thread. So I don't know if I saw all of it.

But it seems to me they are less interesting. Honestly, to me they are starting to seem like just a normal big family. Yes, the four ladies are all married to the same man, but I am kind of used to that by now (at least in their case). So even the shock value of that has diminished.

THere were fights between siblings, disagreements among the adults how to handle the kids, some family members love shopping, others hate it, the oldest kids are leaving the nest, One of the marriages is getting "stale", infertility- all situations that are faced by many families.

I guess the possibility of Robin being Meri's surrogate makes it more interesting, and I am not minimizing Meri's struggle with wanting another baby. But I can't ignore the image of this surrogacy thing being the element that keeps TLC interested in this family as a TV show. I wouldn't be surprised if TLC is secretly hoping one of the wives will want a divorce as that will boost ratings, too. When the JK8 marriage went down the drain, it kid of gave that show a second wing-trashy and temporary though it was.

Now that I've seen the family as people, and not as mysterious Polygamists, they are just folks.

And if anything they are doing is harming their kids, I think it is being on TV, not Being in a polygamist family.

I thought it was kinda strange that Cody did not show support (or anything) for Janelle when she was dealing with the punch in the nose between the boys. I totally agree that she was capable of dealing with it by herself (and she usually does) but my DH would have at least walked up and silently shown support as unified parents. To ignore the situation, as he indicated he did by his own words, shows that he is used to being an absent parent. That can't be good for the kids, especially when it is teenage boys & aggression is involved.

Just my 2cents.

This show has the train wreck effect for me. My husband and I watch simply because we cannot turn away. No,I would not practice this. If he wants to and the women are in general okay with it, then more power to them. As far as the legality of it, I do not see how it is illegal. He is only legally married to one of them, Meri, the first one. He is celestially married to, or whatever they are, to the other three. There is no paperwork in any state showing them as legally married. Basically he is just shacking up with and having kids with all these other women. Only he is viewed as being bound to them by the church. I don't understand why he is fleeing Utah, he can't be charged with Bigamy since he didn't file for marriage license with the other 3.

I feel for their relationships, they are never all at the same stage. One is in turmoil, while another is still new and fresh, while another is great. I can't keep my own marriage standing straight some days, can't imagine having multiple standings to remember. As far as a show showcasing polyandry, makes me shudder. I do not want to be the center of multiple men's worlds. Talk about jealousy, I think that whole house would have urine all over it just from them not being able to handle it. :rotfl:

I found the episode to be very lackluster. I am not saying every episode needs drama but no one seemed very happy.

I for one am wondering where they got all the money for the expensive Christmas gifts. I know they get paid by TLC but last season everyone was complaining about the lack of money.

I don't care how many they want to tango with. I am stumped that an idiot like Cody (is that his name) actually got 4 women to marry him. What a needy creep.

This show has the train wreck effect for me. My husband and I watch simply because we cannot turn away. No,I would not practice this. If he wants to and the women are in general okay with it, then more power to them. As far as the legality of it, I do not see how it is illegal. He is only legally married to one of them, Meri, the first one. He is celestially married to, or whatever they are, to the other three. There is no paperwork in any state showing them as legally married. Basically he is just shacking up with and having kids with all these other women. Only he is viewed as being bound to them by the church. I don't understand why he is fleeing Utah, he can't be charged with Bigamy since he didn't file for marriage license with the other 3.

I feel for their relationships, they are never all at the same stage. One is in turmoil, while another is still new and fresh, while another is great. I can't keep my own marriage standing straight some days, can't imagine having multiple standings to remember. As far as a show showcasing polyandry, makes me shudder. I do not want to be the center of multiple men's worlds. Talk about jealousy, I think that whole house would have urine all over it just from them not being able to handle it. :rotfl:
In regards to the bigamy charges, I'm not 100% sure but it might have been said that Utah is one of the states that recognizes common law marriages. Since Cody, Jenelle, Christine, and Mari have been living together for over 7 years, they can be considered officially united under a common law marriage.

A couple of things- No one except Robyn looks like they have lost much weight since the last episode 2 mos. ago and they are still working at the gym and trying to open one up? I think the women are secretly sad and alone and eat a lot.

How are they affording to buy 4 plots of land and build 4 houses? I know they have the show and are trying to start some businesses but w/o the show I don't see how they will do it. I found the show last night to be boring and I think it's going downhill as the pp mentioned. I'm not sure if it will last more than another year at best.

Frankly, since the start of the show, they all look worse. Except for Cody, he still looks eternally stupid and shallow.

For some reason, I just thought the Premier was meh … and I thought it was blah …

They just continue to spend money yet I have no clue where they are getting it from unless its the SHOW???

They ended last season by saying they had "a lot of irons in the fire" as to new business ventures … but what … ??? How are they planning on paying for college for all those kiddos? How are they able to build a home for all of them with no income?

Kody not being involved with the boys and their arguments is LAME. Period. He is their father and he should have been WITH Janelle NOT tying a tree to the roof of the car.

I did think the Xmas play was cute the kiddos put on … reminded me of all my bros and sis' at Xmas time with our lame attempts of a Nativity play …

Not really sure what was up with Kody and Christine … was that for the Previews to suck us all into the Premier because it seems as though it amounted to nothing … ???????

And next weeks Preview is Christine appears to be jealous of Robyn … oh boy.

I agree, it was boring. I think new wife (is that Robyn) is creepy and weird. Didn't she say last season that if her two kids from a previous marriage decide they don't feel part of the family, then they can go back to dad and she will be sad but oh well? Are they gone?

Christine to too smart for all of this. I can't believe she is involved in a poly marriage. She deserves better and it's sad she doesn't see that.

Meri looked like a zombie....like she has been to reprogramming camp. I am praying she doesn't take new wife up on her offer to be a surrogate. That would be a disaster for Meri.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter