Sister Wives

I agree, it was boring. I think new wife (is that Robyn) is creepy and weird. Didn't she say last season that if her two kids from a previous marriage decide they don't feel part of the family, then they can go back to dad and she will be sad but oh well? Are they gone?

Christine to too smart for all of this. I can't believe she is involved in a poly marriage. She deserves better and it's sad she doesn't see that.

Meri looked like a zombie....like she has been to reprogramming camp. I am praying she doesn't take new wife up on her offer to be a surrogate. That would be a disaster for Meri.

They all deserve better. They deserve to have a man that loves them, that respects them and a man that doesn't think it's ok to sleep with other women while being in a relationship with them.

I agree with the poster who said watching was like a train wreck ready to happen. Can't stop watching, lol. My only question from this season's premier was 'which wife got Kody on Christmas night?'

Frankly, since the start of the show, they all look worse. Except for Cody, he still looks eternally stupid and shallow.

Totally agree!

Meri looked awful--weight gain, sad face. Christine is not happy at all. Janelle looked like she was more at peace with herself--though I am surprised that she hasn't gone back to work.

Living in separate houses seems to be tearing them apart more than when they all lived together. Maybe the women are getting a taste of what it would be like to have their OWN husband who would only focus on her and her kids.

How would you like to be the other neighbors on the culdesac of homes that they are looking at? Not sure if I would like it.

They are looking at buying all these big homes and the older 5/6 will be gone in two or three years. Wonder why they aren't buying land farther out of LV and building a big house--like the one they rented?

They all deserve better. They deserve to have a man that loves them, that respects them and a man that doesn't think it's ok to sleep with other women while being in a relationship with them.

:thumbsup2 And a man who cares about their feelings, that nurtures them, that takes responsibility for his children .... We could go on and on, couldn't we?

I wish Christine and Janelle would just set themselves free to find a life that makes them happy. Neither one seems happy with Cody any more. I am sure the big family get-togethers are fun, and they could continue with that. But a woman needs to feel loved by her partner, and it doesn't look like either one of them are.

:thumbsup2 And a man who cares about their feelings, that nurtures them, that takes responsibility for his children .... We could go on and on, couldn't we?

I wish Christine and Janelle would just set themselves free to find a life that makes them happy. Neither one seems happy with Cody any more. I am sure the big family get-togethers are fun, and they could continue with that. But a woman needs to feel loved by her partner, and it doesn't look like either one of them are.

Yes! :rotfl:

DW and I had a lazy day over the weekend and found ourselves stopping on this show and never leaving the day long marathon....The only thing is I kept saying to myself, hey this is not how it was on "Big Love" .

Totally agree!

Meri looked awful--weight gain, sad face. Christine is not happy at all. Janelle looked like she was more at peace with herself--though I am surprised that she hasn't gone back to work.

Living in separate houses seems to be tearing them apart more than when they all lived together. Maybe the women are getting a taste of what it would be like to have their OWN husband who would only focus on her and her kids.

How would you like to be the other neighbors on the culdesac of homes that they are looking at? Not sure if I would like it.

They are looking at buying all these big homes and the older 5/6 will be gone in two or three years. Wonder why they aren't buying land farther out of LV and building a big house--like the one they rented?

You know, I don't know that all living under the same roof again will solve their problem. I think when they were back in Utah, their arrangement was something that they had all agreed upon and were comfortable with. They each had their place within the family unit. I think the three of them could have lived that way forever.

They have made so many changes - starting the show, adding Robyn, moving to Las Vegas - which have thrown their family into a new and constant state of turmoil. Cody's solution is to have a baby with Robyn. :rolleyes2 He is not capable of addressing the problems with his family as evidenced by him thinking he can patch things up with Christine like a high school boyfriend would by giving her a nice gift.

The wives are going to have to decide whether they can live this way. Cody is never going to change.

I agree, it was boring. I think new wife (is that Robyn) is creepy and weird. Didn't she say last season that if her two kids from a previous marriage decide they don't feel part of the family, then they can go back to dad and she will be sad but oh well? Are they gone?

No they were there. I noticed Dayton and one point and her younger daughter was one of the girls Kody took Christmas shopping.

I agree that the premier was boring. I started surfing on the laptop as it was not keeping my attention at all.

All of them living under the same roof would solve anything The only reason that cody wants them all together is because he is nothing but a controlling , shallow little jerk that needs a vasectomy right now. He is the stud of the pasture and he know it

Did any of you see the look that cody had on his face when meri was saying that living alone she didn't have the help of all the kids and then robyn has to add her two cents by saying that she had all kinds of help and they just came and did it she didn't have to ask for help he had the look of how dare you complain and stupidity all rolled into one.

I hope this season picks up because if it gets to the point that this show and bridezilla are on at the same time i will take bridezilla.

All of them living under the same roof would solve anything The only reason that cody wants them all together is because he is nothing but a controlling , shallow little jerk that needs a vasectomy right now. He is the stud of the pasture and he know it

Did any of you see the look that cody had on his face when meri was saying that living alone she didn't have the help of all the kids and then robyn has to add her two cents by saying that she had all kinds of help and they just came and did it she didn't have to ask for help he had the look of how dare you complain and stupidity all rolled into one.

I hope this season picks up because if it gets to the point that this show and bridezilla are on at the same time i will take bridezilla.

Ya, that is like a snarky remark that Robyn did not need to make.

You know, I don't know that all living under the same roof again will solve their problem. I think when they were back in Utah, their arrangement was something that they had all agreed upon and were comfortable with. They each had their place within the family unit. I think the three of them could have lived that way forever.

They have made so many changes - starting the show, adding Robyn, moving to Las Vegas - which have thrown their family into a new and constant state of turmoil. Cody's solution is to have a baby with Robyn. :rolleyes2 He is not capable of addressing the problems with his family as evidenced by him thinking he can patch things up with Christine like a high school boyfriend would by giving her a nice gift.

The wives are going to have to decide whether they can live this way. Cody is never going to change.

I agree completely!
When the show started out, they seemed comfortable with their arrangement. It certainly wasn't a lifestyle that I would choose or like, but it seemed to work for them. They were also part of a much larger Polyg. community, weren't they? So they fit right in with their culture, their kids were part of the Polyg. community, not completely different from all the other kids in their circle.

I think the two factors that changed the family for the worse were:

1. Marrying Robyn. I just don't see why he did that. Each wife had a place and they seemed to complement each other well. Janelle brought in money, Kristine was the at-home-mom, and Meri did a little of both and was also the Senior wife and organizer, it seemed. I have nothing against Robyn personally. She would probably be fine for Cody if she were his only wife. But if this huge family lives as a "collective" then I would think that they would look at each member's value for what they bring to the group. And, I don't mean to sound unkind, but I don't think that a non-working woman and three (soon four) kids add productivity to this family. This is in addition to the emotional stress of adding another wife.

2. Going on Television. This opened them all up to judgement, which I think they were not expecting. I think being on TV was a huge stressor for the kids. Being on TV is what cause them to be in danger of being prosecuted under the law. When they just kept the polygamy private, the authorities looked the other way. Kind of a "Don't ask, Don't tell" type of thing. They told. I can't believe they are surprised that they went on TV and admitted they are breaking the law, and the authorites had to act on it. Either keep it quiet, or boldly be ready to accept the consequences.

I think #1 and #2 are related. I am guessing that things weren't as rosy as they appeared in the first episodes, at least financially. The only reason to do the show, as far as I'm concerned, is for the money. So, the show would help them to make ends meet, but maybe the producers/TLC weren't sure the family was interesting enough to build a series around as it was. I admit myself that the first few episodes were fascinating- hearing how they handle the logistics of plural marriage. But after I realized that their day-to-day lives were kind of dull and tedious- like mine, the fascination waned. THe prospect of adding another wife to the family would add to the drama/ audience interest. So it would not surprise me if adding Robyn helped sell the show.

So, I think both factors were negative, but maybe they saw them as the only options.

One reason they may be looking at 4 houses instead of one, big house is that one, big house would be permanent (very hard to resell) and 4 smaller houses could be temporary (easier to resell).

Just my 2 cents.

:stir: OR four houses, he can only legally have one address. He would make that with Meri his one "legal" wife. That way he is not common law married to anyone. He doesn't legally live with anyone but Meri. Could just be their way around the law. Just a thought.

OR four houses, he can only legally have one address. He would make that with Meri his one "legal" wife. That way he is not common law married to anyone. He doesn't legally live with anyone but Meri. Could just be their way around the law. Just a thought.
Today 02:23 PM

Very plausible! Whatever the reason, it takes a higher priority for them than all being together under one roof...... which means that something else is more important than their stated priority of everybody being together.

It may be TV editting or something else, but we certainly don't have the complete picture. They invited into their lives but we only see a little bit.

I never understood why he took a fourth wife because dynamics seemed to be good with just the three. :confused3
I do think I have learned some interesting things by watching them on tv and how they live making me perhaps a little less judgmental on that lifestyle.

I think their belief is that the more wives a man has, the higher up he will be in heaven or something like that. By what they say, it was Meri that was pushing him to date Robyn. He didn't want to at first b/c she was divorced.

WAIT! SPOILER! I know what will happen......Kody can marry KATE! and her eight kids will be added in to the family........:rotfl2:

That was funny:rotfl2::rotfl: and then i have another idea if he can handle the group he already has and can handle kate and her mess of a family he could really sew his wild oates and take on michelle duggar and her brood.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter