• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Sister Wives

I may be in the minority but I would not be happy with Tony and Makelti if they really did show the younger girls how to french kiss. I would have hoped that they would be more mature and respect her parents values. Yes, I know those values are not the norm but they are well established.

I may be in the minority but I would not be happy with Tony and Makelti if they really did show the younger girls how to french kiss. I would have hoped that they would be more mature and respect her parents values. Yes, I know those values are not the norm but they are well established.

I was really surprised at how that was laughed off. Really surprised they would have the conversation with Truly sitting right there.

What? Wait, Mariah is gay? That is a surprise! I didn't watch last night and forgot to DVR. I thought she was the one who wanted plural marriage?! Anyone else think this a publicity stunt for her to get more attention than her mom?

Does anyone know who the extra female was in the room when Mariah came out? She was sitting right by the door, next to Robin.

Does anyone know who the extra female was in the room when Mariah came out? She was sitting right by the door, next to Robin.
That's Christine's mom. I thought it was weird she was there.

I wasn't surprised at all. When they showed the previews it was my first thought. Kind of annoyed that the whole episode was about the cat fishing and we had to wait two hours to get to it. I don't think it's to get attention. While it's much more accepted than ever before it's a huge thing to label yourself with for just the heck of it. As far as Meri's reaction in the previews, I think she'll come around. Like I've explained to my kids when you have a child you build up in your head what they're life might be like the second they're born and all of a sudden it's all different. Gonna take her a minute I would think but she'll come around. And I disagree about Kody being the one to reject her, he's talked about letting his children make there own life choices (although I don't think being gay is a choice, you just are IMO) many times. He didn't have a problem with Madison marrying way outside of their faith and I think that would be a bigger deal. I see Christine putting up the biggest struggle, she doesn't like change.

Tony and Mykelti, ugh. Talk about two people who are just too immature for marriage. Showing the younger girls what a French kiss is, such a middle school move.

Oh and if my kid came to me and told me I had to make thousands of handmade petals for her flowers I'd tell her to get bent, lol.

Well, I actually didn't see that coming with Mariah. I thought they've talked about what would happen if one of their kids came out, but I cannot remember what was said. I mean with all those kids, chances were it would happen. It will be interesting to see if they will be supportive. Meri sure didn't seem to be taking it well when they showed the previews.

Well, I actually didn't see that coming with Mariah. I thought they've talked about what would happen if one of their kids came out, but I cannot remember what was said. I mean with all those kids, chances were it would happen. It will be interesting to see if they will be supportive. Meri sure didn't seem to be taking it well when they showed the previews.
I'm not sure how much of what we see is real; some of it may be "scripted" and at the very least it's highly edited for effect. But I know there's been several issues on the show I personally would NOT have wanted to be informed of and have to immediately react to, on camera. If they truly had no inkling, that's a BIG revelation to take in. I honestly hope for all their sakes that the moment was "faked" and that there had been some privacy and intimacy between them for the actual talk.

Last edited:
The Catfish story is getting sooooo old! Probably keeping it a storyline so Mary can still get air time on the show!!! ;)

I fast forwarded through a lot of the catfish stuff. Mariah's outing surprised me. I don't know. It just seems off. Like she's doing it for attention. Then in the previews she's dyed her hair, the dark lipstick and to me she kind of look goth. Either way I hope she has found herself and can be at peace.

I am so tired of the cat-fishing thing. Meri emotionally cheated and checked out. I personally believe the only reason it didn't go beyond emotional was because of the fact it wasn't a man. I'm sorry there are photos of Meri at Disney World with the person who cat-fished her so it can't be that bad. Heck the audio files are even out there on the conversations and the person who did it runs a blog about it. Meri needs to stop acting like a victim and fess up to the fact she does not want to be in this family any more and move on and find herself again!

Mariah I am not shocked that a Brown child is LGBT but was shocked it was her. Her distance from the family makes sense though. I hope the other kids see that some time away from the family (actually away not being baby sat by a family friend even though your an adult) is a good thing and helps you really figure out who you are as an individual. I hate hate hate that Kody joked about Mariah getting engaged as her "big announcement". There is more to life then your children getting married. I also hope this was a scripted moment and not just filmed outright at the conversation.

I don't know about Mykelti and Tony. Something just seems so off. I'm always a little hesitant when I hear someone hates the outdoors meets a person and then suddenly is always outside doing physical activity simply because their significant other likes it. There are some other things like how his voice changes several times through out the episodes. I hope they take time for themselves as a couple before they have kids simply because it seems they are still very immature and might benefit from some time on their own before the next step. I think that won't happen though because she'll be rushing to babies to compete with her sister.

I finally watched the episode. I do hope that Mykelti and Tony finish school before having children like Christine told Truly. I'll mostly reserve judgment, since I don't really know them, but they do appear awfully immature on the show.

I was surprised by Mariah's news. I know that it looks like Meri is taking the news hard, but I think it's more from the idea that she was clueless about so many of Mariah's feelings instead of the fact that she is gay. And maybe she's mourning a little the idea of the future that she had for Mariah. Not that she isn't going to like the new future, but if she had ideas in her mind, it may take a little bit to clear those dreams out before moving on and realizing that the new dreams are just as wonderful. We'll see... As a previous poster mentioned, I also hope that she shared the news privately before having it filmed.

I have to say Janelle's reaction was my favorite. She was just so relieved that Mariah's revelation wasn't something awful, haha. Followed by Kodi's, "Know you are safe and loved." Think what you will about him but at his core he's a man who loves his kids above all else.

I was annoyed by both Mariah and Meri. Mariah seems hell bent on punishing Meri and Meri needs to back off and let the girl breath a little bit. That said, Meri's transgressions are not Mariah's to forgive. I can understand her being upset but it's not as black and white as she sees it. Meri is 100% responsible for her actions but her emotional state at the time was a perfect storm for this kind of thing and even Kodi admits that he contributed to it by essentially ignoring her. Mariah just doesn't have the life experience or relationship experience to judge IMO. Meri needs to stop groveling and Mariah will stop punishing. Mariah is digging the power she has over her mother's emotions and it makes me dislike her immensely.

Mariah is acting like a big spoiled brat! She wants everyone to accept her choice but yet she can't accept Meri bad choices. Meri needs to stop hounding after her. Kody needs to tell Mariah to knock it off. Cut Meri some slack. No one can punish Meri as much as she punishing herself.

Mariah is acting like a big spoiled brat! She wants everyone to accept her choice but yet she can't accept Meri bad choices. Meri needs to stop hounding after her. Kody needs to tell Mariah to knock it off. Cut Meri some slack. No one can punish Meri as much as she punishing herself.
He did! That's the thing, he's told Mariah that it's between him and Meri and that he acknowledges his role in the whole thing. She's definitely coming at this with a juvenile perspective.

He did! That's the thing, he's told Mariah that it's between him and Meri and that he acknowledges his role in the whole thing. She's definitely coming at this with a juvenile perspective.
In my opinion he's not standing up enough for Meri

So I'm just catching up and seeing the old footage from last week's episode. I almost forgot about Sister Wives' Closet. What a waste that Meri didn't go back to school because of the "business". She really needs something else in her life. I think the catfishing is proof of that.

I totally agree about Mariah. Her attitude is getting on my nerves. I think back to when her and Kody were talking about the situation and when he tried to own up to his end, she kept shaking her head and saying that it was all her moms fault. I wish Meri would just leave her alone, because at this point it seems like Mariah is the one that's going to have to end up missing her mother. I would not grovel anymore, because I TOTALLY agree that Mariah loves the power. The cat-fishing had nothing to do with her, yet it seems like she's trying to make it all about her.

Just wondering how do many of you think you would react if you found out your parents who preach to you about the sanctity of marriage and why plural is so great etc found out that one of your parents cheated. What Meri did is indeed cheating and Mariah knows it was more then that. The show is spinning this to be much less then it actually was. This was not just texting someone she thought was a man but also professing love and a desire to run off.

Also I hate when the person who was cheated on blames themselves. Yes Kody may not have been the best husband but Meri could have left the situation it isn't like Kody is abusive (and if he was it would be all over the internet by now). She could have left as I have to believe she has her own independent money from the family especially with the show and all. The cheater makes the ultimate decision to cheat and it is still cheating even if the other party has left them lonely.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter