• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Sister Wives

:confused: Why? What happened to her? I briefly remember seeing her in one scene but I tuned in a little late.
She has a curved spine and instead of getting better it’s getting worse. Now she has to wear a brace during the day as well as at night. She was crying and talking about how painful it is and how self conscious it makes her. I just really felt for her. Being a teenager is hard enough.

There is no way those Frisbees will be thrown over the couple like a rainbow. I was talking to DH last night and I told him that their friends and the kids will though it at them.

If Tony had to pay, they'd probably "elope" all the way to Las Vegas. ;)

I was going to say that too! lol

I've told my children I won't be paying for weddings but I will gift a "gift" and maybe buy DD's dress and something similar for DS. But if I did agree to pay for a wedding and my kid and her fiancé came at me like this.....it would NOT be pretty! NO WAY would I pay for 400 people. Absolutely ridiculous!

I know Tony said it's cultural to invite one person and they bring the whole family, yes that is true. I've had to deal with that with my XH's family and my family. But you know what.......we were straight up with people. We would call them and tell them "yeah you can only bring X, Y and Z. Do not bring your in laws and their kids." Sure some people got offended but you gotta do what you gotta do or it'll get completely out of control.

I'm just watching last night's episode. Did Meri REALLY think the family should buy a house 3 hours away just to "have it in the family"? So she lives in a 5 bedroom house by herself and she also thinks they should buy a spare?

The girl is nuts.

I guess we've seen the web page showing it's now operating as a B&B, but I wonder if they're fully invested in running it that way or if she's just going to dabble in it enough to justify using family money.

What does Tony actually do for a living? I also feel that his "White People" comments are pretty nasty. How would he feel if people made comments about his Mexican heritage? I find Mykelti to be a little snobbish like when she is answering questions while sitting with Tony, she kind of looks up and rolls her eyes...She works in a freaking pawn shop!!

The guy that owns the pawn shop has a really nice house...must be a lucrative business!

I felt bad when they were discussing the Frisbees and Tony's mom and dad were sitting there and they were clueless! Someone at work told me that Tony's dad was born in the US but he doesn't seem like he speaks too much English??

What does Tony actually do for a living? I also feel that his "White People" comments are pretty nasty. How would he feel if people made comments about his Mexican heritage? I find Mykelti to be a little snobbish like when she is answering questions while sitting with Tony, she kind of looks up and rolls her eyes...She works in a freaking pawn shop!!

The guy that owns the pawn shop has a really nice house...must be a lucrative business!

I felt bad when they were discussing the Frisbees and Tony's mom and dad were sitting there and they were clueless! Someone at work told me that Tony's dad was born in the US but he doesn't seem like he speaks too much English??

He may have been born in the US and then moved right back to Mexico.

I think he's out of line with the white people comments too. Especially on national tv. To your fiancé's family that you haven't even known for a year.

I hate when Cody meets with wives and they sit on the couches and he sits on super high chair where it makes his appear to much taller and where they all have to look up to him lol.

Wonder of much of the wedding is paid by TLC. If it is they are wanting the family to create drama around the wedding to spice up the episode.
I call BS on the whole Meri's mom plot line. It was bought to run as a B&B. This story line involving her Mom is just to add drama to the show.

Remember much of this is scripted!! You can't believe everything on there.

I was going to say that too! lol

I've told my children I won't be paying for weddings but I will gift a "gift" and maybe buy DD's dress and something similar for DS. But if I did agree to pay for a wedding and my kid and her fiancé came at me like this.....it would NOT be pretty! NO WAY would I pay for 400 people. Absolutely ridiculous!

I know Tony said it's cultural to invite one person and they bring the whole family, yes that is true. I've had to deal with that with my XH's family and my family. But you know what.......we were straight up with people. We would call them and tell them "yeah you can only bring X, Y and Z. Do not bring your in laws and their kids." Sure some people got offended but you gotta do what you gotta do or it'll get completely out of control.

The son of a friend of my parents got married this past September. I heard the father of the groom just complaining up a storm last January over the details. Apparently the bride had invited 500 people and her parents felt strongly that there needed to be an open bar. The man was just muttering over and over "I am NOT paying for an open bar for 500 people!!!" LOL. Not that I blame him, that would have been insanely expensive. I never did hear how that turned out.

Ok I watched last night, so I’m not in the know. Who is mykelti’s real dad? Who buys a house for their mom just because she wants it? I can’t wait to see the frisbees. The show was on, we didn’t really pay attention until the singing, and then we just looked at each other in...horror? Amusement? Reminded me of the older sister on Dirty Dancing at the talent show.

Ok I watched last night, so I’m not in the know. Who is mykelti’s real dad? Who buys a house for their mom just because she wants it? I can’t wait to see the frisbees. The show was on, we didn’t really pay attention until the singing, and then we just looked at each other in...horror? Amusement? Reminded me of the older sister on Dirty Dancing at the talent show.
Mykeltis dad is Cody

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter