Sister Wives

Excellent question.

If Meri was just an aunt or something, I would feel the same way. But they are sister wives. That's what she signed up for, even encouraged in their family. Now she wants to be treated like she's just an ex-wife or something.
Why not every parent feels like a parent child should move home.

I don't blame Meri for not volunteering her house and I don't think they should assume she should take them in.

It seems that Maddie and Caleb had an "oops." ???? They said they both planned to wait until they were done college or at least in their senior year of college. Since things happened quicker than they thought they want to move back home to be closer to the family and for "help" AKA babysitting so they can finish school.

That's all great and I commend Janelle and Cody for opening their home for their daughter but not every parent feels the same. I know my mother would not let me move back home while married and pregnant just so I could have access to babysitters and more help. She would tell me I'm a married woman with a baby and to figure it out. The only way I could've gone back home after I was married with children is if I had a huge life altering experience (house burned down, husband died, etc.)

Meri shouldn't have to give up her quiet home because they decided to have a baby sooner than expected. Having an entire family unit living in your home is way different than teenagers or older kids coming back home.

Oh heavens yes! Our daughter and her husband and their daschund moved into our house for several months while they were in between their leased home and the home that they were purchasing. That was so different than when our daughter would come home from college for a few weeks/holidays, etc.

I know that these sister wives helped raise all of the older children together and I'm sure that Meri considers Madi one of her own but, like the mothers said on the last episode, they do feel they have a right to say and do more when it is there own biological child. This is Janelle's child and I am sure that she feels the need to bear whatever burden (for lack of a better word) is required to move her own daughter into her home.

Last edited:
Hmm I could have sworn it was Aspyn. Anyhow if you check out Aspyn Brown's twitter you will see how beautiful and fashionable she is! Still in college and in a soriority. Hope she goes far and doesn't drop out to work in a pawn shop.

Last I heard her talk on the show, she said she wanted to be a Kdg teacher. She has lots of experience with the younger sibs

I'm watching this episode right now. What is up with Kody and his insistence that Caleb and Maddie have a special "suite" in Janelle's house? Why would they be entitled or need their own bathroom? Why should the other kids get uprooted from their bedrooms to make them happy? They are lucky that Janelle doesn't mind them moving home with her, they should be grateful for any free space that is offered to them. That bedroom was huge (by my standards) with plenty of room for that king sized bed plus a crib and other furniture. I can't believe Janelle wasn't shooting him down more about his grand plans to wall off that end of the hall and make it like a mini apartment for them. You could tell she didn't agree with him, but she sure wasn't verbalizing it heartily. I wonder if he won that fight or if the newlyweds had to deal with just a nice big bedroom and a bathroom that they could call their own :rolleyes:?

I'm watching this episode right now. What is up with Kody and his insistence that Caleb and Maddie have a special "suite" in Janelle's house? Why would they be entitled or need their own bathroom? Why should the other kids get uprooted from their bedrooms to make them happy? They are lucky that Janelle doesn't mind them moving home with her, they should be grateful for any free space that is offered to them. That bedroom was huge (by my standards) with plenty of room for that king sized bed plus a crib and other furniture. I can't believe Janelle wasn't shooting him down more about his grand plans to wall off that end of the hall and make it like a mini apartment for them. You could tell she didn't agree with him, but she sure wasn't verbalizing it heartily. I wonder if he won that fight or if the newlyweds had to deal with just a nice big bedroom and a bathroom that they could call their own :rolleyes:?
He probably ought to install a wet bar for them too.

I don't think anyone has mentioned Christine singing "Let Me Call You Sweetheart" at the wedding. It is a nice story about her grandparents, but wow, I wish she would sing it a few notes lower. Does her voice teacher do anything other than tell her she's doing a great job? Didn't she say something like she had 15 lessons? I couldn't tell any difference between lesson 1 and lesson 15.

I don't think anyone has mentioned Christine singing "Let Me Call You Sweetheart" at the wedding. It is a nice story about her grandparents, but wow, I wish she would sing it a few notes lower. Does her voice teacher do anything other than tell her she's doing a great job? Didn't she say something like she had 15 lessons? I couldn't tell any difference between lesson 1 and lesson 15.

I'm sorry but her singing is just awful :sad2:

Christine is probably my favorite wife, but she really cannot sing at all. She obviously loves performing in front of people (she really gets into those silly group dances she makes the others do with her), but singing is not her thing.
I think you're right. She made a big deal about being front and center and having everyone else as her back up. Truly is right there following in her footsteps too.

Excellent question.

If Meri was just an aunt or something, I would feel the same way. But they are sister wives. That's what she signed up for, even encouraged in their family. Now she wants to be treated like she's just an ex-wife or something.

Right. But the one thing I've learned from this show is that "sister wifeing" doesn't work. They're all jealous and no one truly sees another mom's children as her own.

So why are they giving Tony a claddagh ring when they didn’t give one to Maddie’s husband? I would’ve thought he would have gotten one since they love him so much.

So why are they giving Tony a claddagh ring when they didn’t give one to Maddie’s husband? I would’ve thought he would have gotten one since they love him so much.

My guess is the difference in mom's personalities. Christine is sentimental, Janel is practical. They don't live in the same house, so they probably would not have discussed it.

I missed the first showing of tonight’s episode but am watching the second showing now and am only a fifteen or so minutes into it. I know that Christine has always been a bit over the top but she seems to be more so this season.

I noticed on tonights episode that the interviews with Tony and Mekelti that Tony's hair changed a couple of times -almost shaved on the sides at one point and really curly. It looked like he had a perm!

I agree on Christine's singing. Kudos to her for giving it a shot, and it's very sweet of her. But I've had to fast forward through those parts of the episodes. I just can't stand the high pitch she is trying to sing that in (combined with being a little off key)

I noticed on tonights episode that the interviews with Tony and Mekelti that Tony's hair changed a couple of times -almost shaved on the sides at one point and really curly. It looked like he had a perm!

I agree on Christine's singing. Kudos to her for giving it a shot, and it's very sweet of her. But I've had to fast forward through those parts of the episodes. I just can't stand the high pitch she is trying to sing that in (combined with being a little off key)
The couch interviews were really weird in this episode - usually they do them in the proper tense; discussing things that are either in the future or the past. But Mykelti and Tony's different segments were all trying to seem like it was the night before the wedding, which it clearly was not.

:sad2: Also, could Meri have been any more checked-out? It seemed like none of them were even bothering with the pretence of her being engaged with the family.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter