Size of Disney-provided toddler bed rails?

WonderlandisReality

DIS Veteran
Trying to work out sleeping arrangement puzzle...

What are the dimensions of the bed rails offered at the resorts by housekeeping? Specifically, can you install two bedrails end-to-end to create a full length bedrail on a queen-size bed for an older child with disabilities?

Can you install a bedrail at the foot of the bed, if necessary?

TIA.

Trying to work out sleeping arrangement puzzle...

What are the dimensions of the bed rails offered at the resorts by housekeeping? Specifically, can you install two bedrails end-to-end to create a full length bedrail on a queen-size bed for an older child with disabilities?

Can you install a bedrail at the foot of the bed, if necessary?

TIA.
bed rails are first come first serve and they can run out. not sure you would be able to get 3 or more and also I had a grandson who didn't want kick his out of bed. yes would stop some one from rolling out but can be moved by child if child kicks them so they could roll out based on what grandson did

Not sure if it would work in your situation but we have had luck placing the cylindrical bolster pillow under the fitted sheet of mattress. Not sure what hotel you are staying at and if that's provided in your room.

You can also try the pool noodle trick if you can't get the rail.

bed rails are first come first serve and they can run out. not sure you would be able to get 3 or more and also I had a grandson who didn't want kick his out of bed. yes would stop some one from rolling out but can be moved by child if child kicks them so they could roll out based on what grandson did

Dang. I was hoping that they were anchored like our Walmart ones at home in such a way that this doesn't happen. We use them for protection from falls for seizures.

That said, I was at least partially wondering if I could create a headboard out of two end-to-end rails, and place two children sideways in bed. Putting the child with seizures at the top nearer the headboard. Both children are significantly shorter than the width of a queen bed. The space afforded with a bolster pillow barrier between them provides enough safety. I have another child with multiple disabilities but if they are dislodged with a kick the rail at the foot of the bed is a lost cause.

An alternative option still leaves me with two siderails for the taller of the two kids, but then identifying the floor space for a full size crib or a toddler bed. We haven't settled on a resort. But we will likely be self-confined to those with the recent solid-surface flooring renovations due entirely to my personal aversion to carpeting that isn't mine. And value or moderate because of budget. (So Pop, POFQ, and probably by the time our trip rolls around POR and ASMo.)

Dang. I was hoping that they were anchored like our Walmart ones at home in such a way that this doesn't happen. We use them for protection from falls for seizures.

That said, I was at least partially wondering if I could create a headboard out of two end-to-end rails, and place two children sideways in bed. Putting the child with seizures at the top nearer the headboard. Both children are significantly shorter than the width of a queen bed. The space afforded with a bolster pillow barrier between them provides enough safety. I have another child with multiple disabilities but if they are dislodged with a kick the rail at the foot of the bed is a lost cause.

An alternative option still leaves me with two siderails for the taller of the two kids, but then identifying the floor space for a full size crib or a toddler bed. We haven't settled on a resort. But we will likely be self-confined to those with the recent solid-surface flooring renovations due entirely to my personal aversion to carpeting that isn't mine. And value or moderate because of budget. (So Pop, POFQ, and probably by the time our trip rolls around POR and ASMo.)
another idea would your older one be able to sleep on air mattress on floor? since on floor already no falling and my grandsons love camping on the floor. just another idea

another idea would your older one be able to sleep on air mattress on floor? since on floor already no falling and my grandsons love camping on the floor. just another idea

It’s a good idea. From what I understand you can’t fit even a twin mattress on the floor in a new Pop room. I’m curious to see if anyone succeeds in a full size crib. That would at least mean we could swing a toddler size bed in there.

I have purchased memory-foam type bedrails to use on trips with my 2 year old. We haven’t used them yet, but he sleeps in a toddler bed here at home. I am more comfortable bringing my own since the ones at the resorts are first come, first served.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter