slo’s THURSDAY 10/19 poll - Cookbooks 📚

Cookbooks - Do you have any and how many? (m.c,)

• I have cookbooks

Votes: 60 57.1%
  • I have NO cookbooks

Votes: 10 9.5%
  • 1-3

Votes: 16 15.2%
  • 4-6

Votes: 11 10.5%
  • 7-9

Votes: 11 10.5%
  • 10-12

Votes: 10 9.5%
  • 13-15

Votes: 5 4.8%
  • 16-18

Votes: 2 1.9%
  • 19 or more

Votes: 37 35.2%
  • Other - please post your answer

Votes: 6 5.7%

• Total voters
We've got so many cookbooks, but I rarely use them anymore. I usually go to YouTube and find a recipe there, and save it to a playlist for future use.

I have at least 20 including the little paper ones from churches/schools and the ones in the checkout lane that resemble magazines but are more substantial. I use them mostly for Christmas baking, but there are a few I go to for other specific recipes. I have a lot of recipes saved on Pinterest and Allrecipes.

We only have three since I use online recipes for the bulk of my recipe-based cooking (and really prefer to wing it or be creative for a lot of my cooking). The funny thing...a recipe I use and modify a lot is something I found online but was in a jam when I found it and hand wrote it down onto a small sheet of paper...which is stuffed inside of a cookbook. 🤣

I don't have any cookbooks...I do have a binder of recipes I have printed out...although after making something a few times, I can usually remember how to make something. Except baking-I always follow those recipes to a T

I LOVE LOVE LOVE reading cookbooks and recipes!! Have huge amount though now it’s more internet.

Do I make a million different things? No unfortunately, but it doesn’t stop me from thoroughly loving reading recipes. Sounds dumb I know but I read cookbooks like others read novels (which I hate).

Last edited:
We have cookbooks, they are never used and just take up space in a kitchen cabinet. We do have two volumes of cookbooks with WDW recipes, I take a look at those once every few years.

I have lots of cookbooks (even though I just purged quite a few a couple months ago).

I mainly use a church cookbook and a cookbook that my cousin designed with recipes from lots of family members (so kind of like a church cookbook).

I use a website / app called copymethat to store my online recipes that I want to try, but it's getting so jumbled that I really need to spend some time organizing it so it's more useful. I'm honestly tempted to print the ones that I know I use and like as well as the ones that I for sure want to try and starting over with it lol!

I like the *idea* of cookbooks, I’m often tempted to purchase them, but I know that I’ll never open a book for a recipe. :confused3
I don’t really like to cook, but because of my family, I have to. I have a pretty varied repertoire of things to make, and if I need anything new I usually just look online. Will be sure to check out tomorrow‘s poll. 🙂

My mom had a lot of cookbooks when she passed and I have them now. I don’t know how many there are, and I haven’t used one yet. She also had a recipe box with index cards in it. That I have used to make certain foods, especially holiday cookies.

I have at least 20 my mom gave me a lot of Company’s coming.

She had the Red Rose Flour cook book forever so when I got married I ordered one for my self but used it so much over the years had to replace it once.

Then I have 2 church ones I use a lot too.

The most I use is the recipe cards I have written out from my grandmother and mom.

I stopped counting at 34. And that doesn't include the pamphlet like cookbooks we got with every cooking appliance we have purchased over the years that have a couple dozen recipes in them. The one's that come with crockpots, toaster ovens, BBQs Cuisinarts, mixers etc.
And fundraising cookbooks were huge here. I have one from my church from 50 years ago, and my kids schools put one together.

We have dozens - we don't use any of them. I use the Big Oven app if I want to make something I am not familiar with - it never even occurs to me to get out a cookbook. I guess that's the next thing to go when we do the big spring purge.

We have way over 20 cookbooks, maybe 50. Plus small booklet type ones. In addition, I have two of my mother’s notebooks with hand written recipes and those cut out from magazines and newspapers taped onto the pages. And a binder of ones she printed off the internet.

We probably only use 5 or 6.

I have at least 25 cookbooks-I used to collect cookbooks from the 50s and 60s. I recently put them into storage because I wasn't using them anymore. If I want a recipe now, I look for it online, and have done for years.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter