Small Contracts & Direct Purchase is AWESOME!!!

And here's what you get from DVC when you add on direct::jester:

I saw one quickly two weeks ago when we were down there and I did not like it, but now that I see yours it looks good. My wife uses the blue DVC tote bag a lot. We are thinking of adding 50-100 points soon.

Congrats on your points add on!
Have you used your AKV points for either the Value Studio or the Concierge Lebel. They are the 2 categories I have had a hard time getting at 7M-Ressie.
If I add on again later, I may look for about 180 AKL points (That currently gets you 3 weeks in a Value Studio)!

Not yet - all of my vacas were planned after the 7mo. window, but I am going to try to get a value 1br NEXT Halloween.

This year will be my 3rd Halloween spent at DW, so I feel confident enough to book my trip almost a year in advance now.

We have purchased resale and direct. We are looking to add a few small contracts over the next year or two. I must say at the rate small contracts go for on the resale market it was so incredibly easy to just call DVC and grab some points while not paying that much more (if any) than resale.
I've noticed that as well. One resale small contract was only $5 less than direct at that rate it's better to get the perks from direct.

75 points is The minimum at CCV(as initial buyin). You can buy less at the other resorts, I believe it’s 50 points minimum.

If you buy less than 75 points you won’t get the direct perks, but if you have them already it shouldn’t matter
Direct Purchase Minimums are:
50 Points, if being financed.
25 Points, if Cash
:teacher:

Anyone know the cost of adding 50 points direct at OKW? We found a 50 point contract via resale with offer accepted this morning at $4250 ($85 per point). I'm pretty sure this is better than any price I could get direct correct?

Anyone know the cost of adding 50 points direct at OKW? We found a 50 point contract via resale with offer accepted this morning at $4250 ($85 per point). I'm pretty sure this is better than any price I could get direct correct?

Extended or unextended? All direct purchases are extended so this makes a difference.

Also my bigger concern would be passing ROFR since Disney appears to have been actively buying back OKW especially unextended... which they can then repackage and sell extended at full price.

Looks like a great price if you can get it to pass though.

Extended or unextended? All direct purchases are extended so this makes a difference.

Also my bigger concern would be passing ROFR since Disney appears to have been actively buying back OKW especially unextended... which they can then repackage and sell extended at full price.

Looks like a great price if you can get it to pass though.

It's un-extended as is our current OKW contract. I will be 62 when the contract expires and have owned since 2011. I feel I've already gotten my money out of my current contract ;) I'm not too worried about it passing ROFR, I would hope that it does, but if it falls through, I have the time to shop around more.

It's un-extended as is our current OKW contract. I will be 62 when the contract expires and have owned since 2011. I feel I've already gotten my money out of my current contract ;) I'm not too worried about it passing ROFR, I would hope that it does, but if it falls through, I have the time to shop around more.

I totally understand lol. I’m actually older than that now

Just thinking that based on the pattern of ROFR’s, unextended at such a low price might mean there’s a greater change it will be taken.

Good luck! I’ll be interested to hear what happens... you just never know, right?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter