SmallWorld - New build is online!

How does the SeeqPod stereo work? Do you have to sign up at the SeeqPod website in order to use it? I'm not sure I want to get one unless it can be configured to play what I want, without allowing others to change it.

Same question for the YouTube viewer; do you have any control over what is played in it?

Also wondering about Last.fm, and how it is used/what it connects to in game.

Heh, at least I know my way around Flickr.

How does the SeeqPod stereo work? Do you have to sign up at the SeeqPod website in order to use it? I'm not sure I want to get one unless it can be configured to play what I want, without allowing others to change it.

You can use the SeeqPod without signing up. It is a search engine. Just search your favorite songs and add them to the playlist. In order to save the list, go into configurations. It's really easy.:thumbsup2 You can also program the stereo so that only you can change and control it.

Same question for the YouTube viewer; do you have any control over what is played in it?

yes you can put your list on your tv, I have not experimented with any of the security options on it, but I bet you can lock it to only your list in your room

My stereo only plays Last.fm. How do you get it to go to Seeqpod?

2 different types of stereos card, 1 plays Last.fm and one plays seeqpod

A note on the music situation; the "antique radio" found in the Dungeon shop is truly only a radio (using Last.fm). You can't make a playlist for it, so keep this in mind when selecting yours. You can choose the type of music you're playing.

I guess most of you have met Juliana. Last nite she came in our vmk dance room and stayed for maybe 45 min dancing and answering questions. When we left the club and went to sweets house she came there and stayed for another probably another 45 min. Shes very interested in what we liked about vmk, and how vmk compairs to SW, which is good because they realize alot of their members are vmk'rs. Juliana mentioned that they hope to release the game sometime in August. It will never be pay to play however there will be some added benefits that will cost. The site will be open 24/7. Down the road you will be able to add more rooms to your home, which is great. Idk if everyone knew how to spot a staff, Juliana has a blue aura, but other developers/developers in the game at different levels will have other such auras. She showed us another one that looked like body inferno almost lol. Anyway, she watched the vmk video and was very impressed with the game, how much it looked like the park.

So if you see her in the game give her your feedback or ideas because they are still tweaking the game.

Have a great day guys.
Rob

small2.jpg
[/IMG]

I've been impressed with their attention to us citizens and have also noticed the interest in vmk as so many of us post on their forums. Quality feedback can go a long way, I'm hoping. I'm hoping they eventually can add severe filters to allow younger players but I'm not getting my hopes up yet. I can't stand some of the music as it is but doubt that can be filtered atm, maybe later at least from explicit tracks.

Very cool that you got to spend so much time with Julianna. I guess I'm not awake during New Zealand working hours. :rotfl:

I've been impressed with their attention to us citizens and have also noticed the interest in vmk as so many of us post on their forums. Quality feedback can go a long way, I'm hoping. I'm hoping they eventually can add severe filters to allow younger players but I'm not getting my hopes up yet. I can't stand some of the music as it is but doubt that can be filtered atm, maybe later at least from explicit tracks.

Very cool that you got to spend so much time with Julianna. I guess I'm not awake during New Zealand working hours. :rotfl:

She did mention they are concerned about some of the music thats played in public areas. She also mentioned releasing a pg13 version of the game down the road. Very good idea.

I'm in need of an internet geek! lol Can someone tell me how to set up the DJ stand with Last.fm? I did create an account with Last.fm and downloaded the software, but how on Earth do I get my playlist to play on SW? Please, HELP!!
Thanks!

You have to create a playlist on Last.fm.
And you can only use songs that you can actually hear on the website.
When you hover your mouse over the song, there will be a cassette show up at the end of the title. Click on that to add to your playlist.
You have to have quite a few titles from all different artists to make up the playlist. But you can have an unlimited number of tracks on it.

Problem for me is that much of what I want is not available there or only has 30 second previews.

At Rob's suggestion, I got the SeeqPod stereo. Now I went to the site but have no idea what to do once I find my music. If I want to listen to a second song I have to delete the first if it's not done playing at least, havn't tried listening to the entire thing.

Heh, maybe she said public places so as not to offend you Rob. ;)

At Rob's suggestion, I got the SeeqPod stereo. Now I went to the site but have no idea what to do once I find my music. If I want to listen to a second song I have to delete the first if it's not done playing at least, havn't tried listening to the entire thing.

Heh, maybe she said public places so as not to offend you Rob. ;)

Works for me. Just search for another song and press +

If you want to change the song, press the play button next to a different song

I still need to know how to get it from the SeeqPod site to the stereo in SW:confused3

1. Click on configure item
2. Click search
3. type in what you are looking for,. I wanted Disney music so I typed in things like Disney, Epcot, Haunted Mansion so on.
4. See something you want mouse over it and click the + sign. It has now been added to your play list. Do this for all songs you want to add.
5. click play list tab to see what you have.
6. Click options. This will let you select to have music start automatically and if you want the songs shuffled.
7. Click save to keep all your changes.
8. Click security
9. Click owner for people who can move this item and owner for people who can use this item. No no one can add or remove songs.

Bug

:goodvibes Thanks to both of you!! I have't even placed my stereo down yet it was so late when I bought it. REALLY hoping they open the game room for the Pop. mission.

Thanks all of you for the media explanations. I scouted out the various audio and video players last night and was surprised at the variety. (Good to know about the Antique Radio; it looked nice but I wasn't even sure it did anything.)

Now one last question. What about the Boom Box CD player? Does it use CD playlists from your pc?

W00t! Just had a staff in my room! LOL! Ok, not a big deal to SOME people around here...but since I never, ever had a VMK staff (or even a minor VMK celebrity) in any of my rooms...I thought this was a big deal...LOL!
She followed some of us to other rooms when we were done dancing in yours, Ned. Since I didn't know there were moderators in the game, I asked her why she was glowing. :rotfl:

She seemed very nice and, when we told her we needed more credits to buy all the awesome stuff they have out, she said more missions would be coming. (By way of feedback, I told her that I didn't like the "Smoggo" mission because I had to delete my cat -- albeit temporarily.)

Now one last question. What about the Boom Box CD player? Does it use CD playlists from your pc?
The Boombox uses last.fm also. I bought that before I found the Seeqpod stereo and, though initially I was disappointed, I've now put it out by the hot tub and am really enjoying it. You just have to find some tags you like (i.e. "Disney" and "Classic Rock" for me). Still, nothing beats the Seeqpod.

I am completely loving SmallWorlds so far and have high hopes for the future. From what I've seen, there are some very clever people behind this game. (Has anybody else installed a window in their room yet? You can configure the view, the time of day -- even the weather! How cool is that?!?)

I signed up last night and found Bug in her room. My title there is SnowyW VMK. My little one wants to make a character since there are pets and he thinks they are cute but I think I will make him wait on that. Now I have to just try to figure out the game. Hope to see you all there.

I signed up last night and found Bug in her room. My title there is SnowyW VMK. My little one wants to make a character since there are pets and he thinks they are cute but I think I will make him wait on that. Now I have to just try to figure out the game. Hope to see you all there.

Just be aware that the chat is pretty much open and that the music is anything goes.

She followed some of us to other rooms when we were done dancing in yours, Ned. Since I didn't know there were moderators in the game, I asked her why she was glowing. :rotfl:

She seemed very nice and, when we told her we needed more credits to buy all the awesome stuff they have out, she said more missions would be coming. (By way of feedback, I told her that I didn't like the "Smoggo" mission because I had to delete my cat -- albeit temporarily.)

The Boombox uses last.fm also. I bought that before I found the Seeqpod stereo and, though initially I was disappointed, I've now put it out by the hot tub and am really enjoying it. You just have to find some tags you like (i.e. "Disney" and "Classic Rock" for me). Still, nothing beats the Seeqpod.

I am completely loving SmallWorlds so far and have high hopes for the future. From what I've seen, there are some very clever people behind this game. (Has anybody else installed a window in their room yet? You can configure the view, the time of day -- even the weather! How cool is that?!?)

We need a list of which audio players use what sites. I think that would be helpful to those buying them.

I let my daughter help me dress our pet each day (we pick a new color for her bow). I also let her do the painting in my room. It is small ways she can play with me. There is no way I would let her walk around the public areas though. So there are ways to include your kids, they just cant play as much as they did in VMK.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter