Smoking Ban

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m most curious where smoking will be allowed outside MK there doesn’t seem to be any room outside the gates here, which would make it pleasant for non-smokers. Every corner there seems to be an egress for visitors. The other 3 seem a lot easier to implement. Even at DLR seems easier.

Maybe the “path to nowhere”

I’m curious where the areas will be as well. With a park like MK, it seems like a smoking area outside the gates would actually be more intrusive than the current ones in the park.

The problem is a lack of enforcement and of course the people who light up outside the designated areas. If that doesn’t change I think this is worse than current rules.
This is my concern as well

I’m most curious where smoking will be allowed outside MK there doesn’t seem to be any room outside the gates here, which would make it pleasant for non-smokers. Every corner there seems to be an egress for visitors. The other 3 seem a lot easier to implement. Even at DLR seems easier.

This is the current smoking area listed on Disney's website. No idea if this is big enough going forward if this is where everyone will have to go. also, does appear to be outside security so if this is what they keep one would have to go through security again

upload_2019-3-28_10-3-3.png

Couple years ago the one outside MK was by the resort boat docks.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190328-100821_Disney World.jpg
    Screenshot_20190328-100821_Disney World.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 7
I’m curious where the areas will be as well. With a park like MK, it seems like a smoking area outside the gates would actually be more intrusive than the current ones in the park.

The problem is a lack of enforcement and of course the people who light up outside the designated areas. If that doesn’t change I think this is worse than current rules.
I was wondering this, I could have sworn ppl coming from resort boats had to walk by. We were the only ones there, but after this is in effect? Hard telling how crowded.

Is nothing sacred anymore!? Sheesh!

I'm a fervent keeper of my pinky promises, I swear! :D

BTW, to the PP, I wasn't "try"ing anything by carrying my knife. I happen to carry a small Swiss Army knife every day of my life (to open boxes, cut things at work, etc.) I "try" to remember to not bring it to the parks, but that day force-of-habit took over and I stuck it in my pocket with my wallet/phone/etc. Perhaps I should have been banned from Disney forever...

Three points:

1. If the response on Facebook is any indication, the smoking ban will cut down on a lot of park visitors, since John Doe can't be a civil person without access to their vice every two hours.

2. I wonder if cast members will actually enforce this.

3. I hope this doesn't mean all the vapers will just be out in force telling people it doesn't harm anyone so they should be able to vape in line for IASW.

Three points:

1. If the response on Facebook is any indication, the smoking ban will cut down on a lot of park visitors, since John Doe can't be a civil person without access to their vice every two hours.

3. I hope this doesn't mean all the vapers will just be out in force telling people it doesn't harm anyone so they should be able to vape in line for IASW.

Because that was so civil. ;)

Three points:

To item #3, the new rule is pretty clear that "This ban on smoking traditional cigarettes extends to e-cigarettes and other products that produce a vapor or smoke."

Hopefully CMs will enforce this and have support of management, etc. .... if they start to let this slide, then it just snowballs.

Not only do they confine the smoke, they have filter systems built in to limit the effects. Always wondered why Disney didn't invest in them and use their great experience of making things blend in to their surroundings.

Yes, I saw lots of these in Japan. At Disney there was an indoor area to smoke, and even on the street they had these smoking shelters. You couldn't just walk around and smoke anywhere and I don't think people would put up with it if you tried.

I’m glad they are finally banning it, it’s gross and can be inconvenient the rest of your party when someone has to stop for a cigarette. I travel with a smoker sometimes to WDW so we will have to make adjustments or get her a patch for our planned visit to HS and AK this fall. She can’t really do rollercoasters or big drop rides so I’ll probably use that time for Everest, Tower of Terror, Aerosmith and Slinky Dog while she leaves to smoke.

Would have also been ok if they installed those glass cubes they have for smokers in some airports in Europe as that really seems to confine the smoke
Some airports in the US have them as well. I did a lot of business travel with a colleague who smoked, whenever I couldn't find him I knew where to look.

I saw a picture of the ceiling of one of those smokers cubes. Unfortunately I can never un-see it.
pt3acma80xpz.jpg

I'm fine with this ban - I quit smoking 6 years ago. :)

But I won't shout with glee nor show disdain for smokers by complaining about their bad habits.

I have something called empathy and I know how hard it is to quit and I know how much you sometimes hated yourself because you NEEDED that smoke because of your addiction.

Good luck smokers!

Nor will I. I have never smoked. I hate the smell. I do not like the cloud. I hate it when a smoker gets in my car, sits on my furniture, or comes into my office. I smell the residue long after that person leaves. I work with two smokers and every time one of them returns from a break, they bring a cloud in with them. With that said, I am not going to be rude that some folks are going to really have an issue with this ban.

I know that there is a conversation about who will stay away from the parks if the ban inside is enforced, however I am willing to bet a buck that before this announcement was made, Disney had some real data concerning the negative impact the smokers were having on the park, over and above attendance. The cost of continuing to allow smoking probably was more than just banning it inside the parks altogether.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter