Snow White's Scary Adventure Closure

I can't find the exact link I'm looking for right now, but if you look at the listed assets of the company, it lists the parks and resorts, but there is no mention of restaurants.

I'll keep looking for what I'm looking for and post it when I find it.

I would assume that they'd be included in the resort or park in which they are located, since none of the restaurants are freestanding assets in their own right. Gift shops aren't listed as their own asset category either, but we all know Disney is running tons of those!

Well, it looks like the coaster people got what they wanted "Another Coaster". But then all the folks that don't like or can't ride coasters lost out.
Yes the ride was lame for everyone except little kids but grandparents could easily ride with them. Instead of trashing it couldn't they have modernized it as a family & little kid ride?
For myself everytime they add a coaster & eliminate a ride I have 1 less thing to do. I love splash, test track, even will ride Tof T but i cannt do coasters for several reasons. So is disney going the way of universal? Looking more like it all the time. When it happens it will sadly end my trips.

I think people are overreacting to this "roller coaster" business. Besides the ride cars being from a mine train, ther is no direct information indicating that The Seven Dwarves Mine Train will be a "roller coaster".

Maybe it will, maybe it won't. Getting upset about what you think a ride MIGHT be before the ride is open is putting the cart before the horse. I understand people being upset by Snow White's Scary Adventures closing, but to be upset about what you THINK a ride is going to be based on three sentences in a press release is jumping the gun.

I'm just saying save the past and what made Disneyland, Disneyworld so great to begin with. If you want to plus it then fine or add another ride then great but why take it away. This was one of the original dark rides in DL if memory serves right and was one of Walt's babies. Now I know that things need to "keep moving forward" but at the same time I think the past should be savored. That's what makes Disneyland so wonderful. I get upset when WDW takes out the penny arcade, the firehouse, Mr Toad's, Tiki Room revision and things that create nostalgia. WDW's 40th Anniversary is coming up and then next will be the big 50. What are we going to be looking back at if they keep taking favorites away? Just my two cents. I know I get too sentimental with the parks but I feel I'm not alone. Hey there were going to take away the Aladdin Stage show in DCA and the fans cried foul and they changed their minds.

I'm just saying save the past and what made Disneyland, Disneyworld so great to begin with.

I understand why people want to save old rides, although I don't really like SWSA. I was mostly just concerned with the people worrying specifically about what the new ride is before it's even done.

I think people are overreacting to this "roller coaster" business. Besides the ride cars being from a mine train, ther is no direct information indicating that The Seven Dwarves Mine Train will be a "roller coaster".

Maybe it will, maybe it won't. Getting upset about what you think a ride MIGHT be before the ride is open is putting the cart before the horse. I understand people being upset by Snow White's Scary Adventures closing, but to be upset about what you THINK a ride is going to be based on three sentences in a press release is jumping the gun.

I Think part of the "coaster" stuff comes from the initial rumor mill talking about a Dwarf Coaster. I don't recall if they actually used the term coaster in the official description.

something that may also help people calm down just a bit while we wait for more official ride information, Journey Into Imagination used/uses the same type of steel track as a traditional steel coaster. Just because the ride construction is coaster-esque, doesn't mean the ride vehicle and experience will be like a traditional coaster.

I Think part of the "coaster" stuff comes from the initial rumor mill talking about a Dwarf Coaster. I don't recall if they actually used the term coaster in the official description.

something that may also help people calm down just a bit while we wait for more official ride information, Journey Into Imagination used/uses the same type of steel track as a traditional steel coaster. Just because the ride construction is coaster-esque, doesn't mean the ride vehicle and experience will be like a traditional coaster.
Yes,Disney is referring to it as a "coaster" and the new artwork does depict a "coaster".

We just don't know how "intense",etc. this "coaster" will be.:)

Yes,Disney is referring to it as a "coaster" and the new artwork does depict a "coaster".

We just don't know how "intense",etc. this "coaster" will be.:)

Ok. It'd been a few days since I read the official announcement, so i wasn't sure.

either way, due to the initial rumors describing it as something like the Mummy at Universal, plus the Disney details of it, I'm honestly not expecting anything really intense. I'm almost expecting something maybe along the lines of the intensity of the drop in PotC.

If they just left everything as-is for history's sake, right now we'd all be commenting on the "why doesn't Disney ever add anything new?" thread. You can't have it both ways. To me, the removal of SWSA is one of the least offensive things they could've done.

Has a closure date been set yet? My DD4 has always been too scared to ride this, but has decided that she is now brave enough. This March Snow White is her top priority. I hope it's still open then.

As for the "how do we know it's a coaster?" business, I can't find the PR this morning, but this is from the Disney Parks Blog:

"The Seven Dwarfs Mine Train will take you on a rollicking, musical ride into the mine “where a million diamonds shine.” The coaster will feature a first-of-its kind ride system with a train of ride vehicles that swing back and forth as they whisk along the track."

And regarding the closing of SWSA, I remember when Lights of Winter were removed and the backlash it got on the official blog. By comparison those expressing distress over the removal of SWSA has been minimal.

As for the "how do we know it's a coaster?" business, I can't find the PR this morning, but this is from the Disney Parks Blog:

"The Seven Dwarfs Mine Train will take you on a rollicking, musical ride into the mine “where a million diamonds shine.” The coaster will feature a first-of-its kind ride system with a train of ride vehicles that swing back and forth as they whisk along the track."

And regarding the closing of SWSA, I remember when Lights of Winter were removed and the backlash it got on the official blog. By comparison those expressing distress over the removal of SWSA has been minimal.

It can always be sad to those when their favorite or one of their favorites is being closed/replaced/etc. I know I still would prefer Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, instead of Toy Story Mania, but I know I am in a very small minority on that one. Here's the thing with Snow White and the Dwarfs Mine Train. My guess is if both of these rides were sitting side-by-side, and you were told you could only ride one, the majority of people are going to select the Dwarf ride. I am assuming a short height requirement though, as that would have an impact.

Ok. It'd been a few days since I read the official announcement, so i wasn't sure.

either way, due to the initial rumors describing it as something like the Mummy at Universal, plus the Disney details of it, I'm honestly not expecting anything really intense. I'm almost expecting something maybe along the lines of the intensity of the drop in PotC.
Yes,I think you are "spot on" about the intensity level being very low.:)

I think it will be about halfway between the POTC drop and Barnstormer.

Since Fantasyland is basically aimed at childen,I guess 2 "kiddie coasters" is appropriate.:)

It can always be sad to those when their favorite or one of their favorites is being closed/replaced/etc. I know I still would prefer Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, instead of Toy Story Mania, but I know I am in a very small minority on that one. Here's the thing with Snow White and the Dwarfs Mine Train. My guess is if both of these rides were sitting side-by-side, and you were told you could only ride one, the majority of people are going to select the Dwarf ride. I am assuming a short height requirement though, as that would have an impact.
I join you in the Millionaire "small minority",although I do enjoy TSMM.:)

And I never saw a "running of the bulls" for WWTBAM-PI like there is for TSMM!:)

One of the many things I loved about WWTBAM-PI! was that Gusets could actually win PRIZES!

Good times!:)

I join you in the Millionaire "small minority",although I do enjoy TSMM.:)

And I never saw a "running of the bulls" for WWTBAM-PI like there is for TSMM!:)

One of the many things I loved about WWTBAM-PI! was that Gusets could actually win PRIZES!

Good times!:)

Yep, and I was 2 answers away from winning it all once. Still remember the answer to the 500,000 point question I missed. I do think DW is glad it's gone. One day I spent the entire day going to WWTBAM-PI. She kept saying, let's go do something else, and I'd head back in line. My DB and ex-DSIL couldn't even gather up the courage to let me know it had closed, even as I was walking with them towards where it had been on my trip there in December '06.

As for TSMM, at this point it is my favorite at DHS, just wish it had replaced Sounds Boring, instead of WWTBAM-PI.

Yep, and I was 2 answers away from winning it all once. Still remember the answer to the 500,000 point question I missed. I do think DW is glad it's gone. One day I spent the entire day going to WWTBAM-PI. She kept saying, let's go do something else, and I'd head back in line. My DB and ex-DSIL couldn't even gather up the courage to let me know it had closed, even as I was walking with them towards where it had been on my trip there in December '06.

As for TSMM, at this point it is my favorite at DHS, just wish it had replaced Sounds Boring, instead of WWTBAM-PI.

Whoa um...what's WWTBAM-PI? The only attraction I ever knew of in that area was the Narnia attraction, which I'm glad is gone because it was never really considered a real attraction IMO.

Whoa um...what's WWTBAM-PI? The only attraction I ever knew of in that area was the Narnia attraction, which I'm glad is gone because it was never really considered a real attraction IMO.

Who Wants to Be a Millionaire - Play It!

Me too!:)

My 500,000 point question asked where did the first Nuclear Fission reaction take place.

I had no idea.Istill had my "Phone a Complete Stranger" lifeline,but they had no idea either.

I guessed wrong-the correct answer was the University of Chicago.:)

The neatest part was,for the rest of the day,all over the Park(and even on the boat from DHS to Epcot)other Guests would call me by name and congratulate me on my time in the Hot Seat.:)

"The coaster will feature a first-of-its kind ride system with a train of ride vehicles that swing back and forth as they whisk along the track."

Oh lord, break out the Dramamine. Sounds like something that would make me sick to my stomach!

Is the Mine Car Coaster supposed to be Disney's way to make the Fantasyland expansion more "boy-friendly?"

The way I see it, is if they already have the set-up for a dark ride (SWSA), why not just update it, improve it, and keep it a dark ride that is themed more for Snow White? Are the Dwarves such a draw that anyone would want to ride a dwarves-themed ride that doesn't include the princess and main character of the story?

And, the Mine Coaster sounds alittle too much like a smaller version of BTMRR. I love BTMRR, but there's already one in the park, so why build a mini one?

If they want to build a mini thrill ride, why not one themed around Sleeping Beauty? Wouldn't a ride with a prince fighting a giant evil dragon be boy-friendly and thrilling?

Doesn't it strike anyone as strange that Disney announced this big Fantasyland Expansion and has had to announce major changes to their plans twice already? Who's running this show? Do they not have their fingers on the pulse of Disney fans?

Yes, SWSA is dated, and the line is never long. But can't a classic be updated before it's scrapped? And, I'm with other posters on this one....there are other worse and/or outdated rides that should be scrapped first. Is there anyone who likes Stitch????

And, yes, some people do like SWSA. When I told my 7 yo DD about it, she cried. She loves Snow White and loves that ride. And my kids love when they know that they are riding on the same rides that Mommy and Daddy rode as kids.....that Nana and Poppy are taking them on the same rides that they took Mommy on as a child. It's part of what makes Disney special. It's making memories that pass on from generation to generation..... IMO

Is the Mine Car Coaster supposed to be Disney's way to make the Fantasyland expansion more "boy-friendly?"

Well, it certainly fits with their recent approach. I certainly wondered what on EARTH they were thinking renaming Cinderella's Carousel.... I think we now have a better idea. We're going to trick all the little boys into thinking there are no princesses in the parks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter