Snowball Express (A trip for the Kid's of America's Fallen Heroes)

TheLittles

Mouseketeer
So, I have been on DisBoards for many years, I have done a trip report before, but never one quite as special as this one will be. For those of you that do not know, Snowball Express is an organization started over 10 yrs ago that, once a year, brings Military widows, widowers, and their children on a trip to Dallas every year in December. There are events, an appreciation parade, chances for widows to meet other widows and help each other grieve, etc. Snowball Express though, is mostly about the kids. They treat these kids, who have been through so much at such a young age, like royalty for a few days out of the year! The ages are from 5-18 (or a senior in HS) and they give back to these kids in unimaginable ways. For ten years Snowball Express has shown these military families how much they appreciate their sacrifice. Well, Gary Sinise has always been a part of SBE (Snowball Express). He performs and interacts with the children. He is simply an amazing human being. He has an organization called the Gary Sinise Foundation that not only helps families of the fallen (Gold Star Families) but also veterans and military alike. He has basically dedicated his life to giving back to those who fought for this country. Well, last year he announced that his organization, The Gary Sinise Foundation, would be taking over Snowball Express. He also announced that it would be different this coming year because he would be taking all of those families (and there are A LOT) to WALT DISNEY WORLD!!!! That is a huge undertaking and simply amazing! My daughter and I were invited to go. My husband died in an aviation accident in the Marines in 2012 when I was pregnant with my daughter and last yr was her first time attending SBE (since she turned 5). So, this year, we will be going to Disney World with Lieutenant Dan and his wonderful organization and I plan on reporting all of the amazing things that they and Disney do for us extremely grateful families! I can only imagine how many tears we will cry because of how grateful we are for this opportunity. We do not know a lot of details yet and, I won't be posting what dates we are going but, stay tuned for a lot of love, laughter, and magic, as The Gary Sinise Foundation, Snowball Express, and Walt Disney World, do a very amazing thing for families of America's fallen!

I'm so sorry for your loss. What a wonderful organization and an amazing thing they are doing for families of fallen soldiers. I'll look forward to reading your report!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter